ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina- Duke game

How about we slow it down a little. What do the Carolina faithful want to complain about now? Maybe this angle isn't 100% conclusive, but it sure looks like Platek extends his knee into Moore.

Although I’m not a ref my take is that it was a foul on Duke IF the UNc guy had the ball in his possession. If UNc had possession I don’t think the Duke kid gave Plantek room to turn (I think that’s a rule) but if Plantek didn’t have possession it’s a lose ball and there isn’t a foul imo.

Quavarius said:

coryfly said:

I didn't think reasonable basketball people used still shots? I thought we all had more sense than that. I would post 100 different still shots that would point to Duke fouls. We could for every game. Everyone except a few Duke fans knew it was a foul. That really isn't even the debate. It's a weird angle to try and take that stance. It certainly wasn't the reason Duke won though. There isn't even a reason to try and make this argument tbh.[/quote]

Cory, you went on a long rant and in fact I think you used a still photo when you thought Derryck Thornton fouled Joel Berry in 2016 on the last play at the Dean Dome. If you’ve changed your stance, then cool. Because it took you a long while to conclude that it wasn’t a foul.

I also admitted it wasn’t a foul. I saw the evidence and instead of arguing it admitted I was wrong. I think it was literally two days later. That seems to be too much for you guys though. I did not use a still photo though. You guys did.

Last edited:
Also, I think UNC has gotten a pretty decent whistle all year. There has literally been one call all year I have hated. Even with a good whistle this team is still terrible. That is how bad we are.

Also, I think UNC has gotten a pretty decent whistle all year. There has literally been one call all year I have hated. Even with a good whistle this team is still terrible. That is how bad we are.
Been a warm winter for Kentucky standards so far. Haven’t been on the course since September, though. My next time playing will surely be awful

coryfly said:

Been a warm winter for Kentucky standards so far. Haven’t been on the course since September, though. My next time playing will surely be awful
[/quote]
I played Saturday for the first time in months. Wasn’t terrible but the short game struggled. We have a golf show in Nashville Saturday.

Reactions: JimboBBN

I went a couple weeks ago. We had a couple days in the high 60’s and it was perfect. Didn’t play the best but I had fun.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I just can't believe they didn't go through. I also can't believe he is still acting like he is trying to post whatever it is he is acting like he is trying to post. I don't even remember what it was, just that it had to do with UNC. That is obvious with him though.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Lol at Duke having to go into OT to beat this historically bad UNC team.

You’ve seen enough Duke/Carolina games to know that, no matter what’s gone on the rest of the year, the teams generally bring it. I was tent number one for 94, and we were struggling SO bad, and IIRC you guys were number two... and we still got it to OT.

I just can't believe they didn't go through. I also can't believe he is still acting like he is trying to post whatever it is he is acting like he is trying to post. I don't even remember what it was, just that it had to do with UNC. That is obvious with him though.

You’ve about put yourself on the same level as that Dsouthr dude!

Nope. One pick came through, but it was a dude and a goat, and Im just going assume that's not you, and it's not what you meant to post.

Yea that’s one of the UNc fans Twitter pic! I’ll send them one at a time and see if that works.

This may be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen on a message board.

UNc basketball doesn’t have anything to do with this message board???

Is Duke trying to steal #kentuckyeffect too? We've influenced you guys a lot.

Kentucky fans often say this sort of thing... like, they say “Oh, we started positionless basketball!” But I remember “the Duke effect” being discussed for a long, long time?

Probably. It's like the whole 'brotherhood' thing. They wanted to do this family atmosphere like other programs so the PR department came up with that. All programs steal or add a different take on what they think is successful to make it their own though. Their social media game and PR stuff if really good IMO.

Kentucky fans often say this sort of thing... like, they say “Oh, we started positionless basketball!” But I remember “the Duke effect” being discussed for a long, long time?
Read this a couple of minutes ago. Thought about how much time and effort I wanted to spend responding to it. This is how much time, I decided.

I see Cal prefers neutral site games now b/c of NCAA Tournament preparation. Can’t imagine where he got that idea from?

The influence is mutual.

Last edited:
Probably. It's like the whole 'brotherhood' thing. They wanted to do this family atmosphere like other programs so the PR department came up with that. All programs steal or add a different take on what they think is successful to make it their own though. Their social media game and PR stuff if really good IMO.

And then the Atlanta Falcons started using The Brotherhood. That name transcended sports, I guess. Great PR indeed!

I don't think that Duke was wanting to do a family atmosphere like other programs... they already have that atmosphere. All programs are like that. Coaches, their families, their wives, they invite the kids over for BBQs, they stay connected over the years... Mickie K has dinners with the seniors every year, the bench has been Duke players for years back to the early 90s, every summer for decades former Duke players come back to campus, including to work at the K academy, the guys stay connected in the league.... The Brotherhood wasn't an invented family atmosphere... more accurately, it was just to "market" what was already there.

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT