ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari can't develop talent...

I get that, but it was a year ago and it was on a home board and you came out of nowhere with an attack on someone elses home board.

Like I said, if it happened here, have at it, but it happened on the craziest home board out there.

Calling what I said to him an attack is a bit of a reach. I literally just asked him if he wanted to take back that comment.

I called him out on the board that he originally made the comment on. Since he doesn’t post here, I can’t call him out here. That’s really not that big of a deal. It really could have been left at a simple “lol yeah that was dumb” and been over with.

Me: using common sense

“Draft position isn’t always related to how good a college player is. Cassius Winston is one of the best players in college basketball and may not get drafted.”

Him: being an idiot

“Yeah, since we can't actually stage the games, I'll let NBA scouts and general managers be the judges, and with their reputations on the line they judged Kentucky's roster more talented than an all Big-Ten team.”

Better let my MSU buddies know Winston, the odds on favorite to win national player of the year, must not be good because he didn’t leave for the nba draft. @MGC_07

If you came to the U of M home board and dug up a ridiculous statement someone said about Kentucky to you, and that U of M fan went off on you about other stuff and calling you a lunatic and doubling down on his outrageous statements, I’d shit all over that Michigan poster for being an idiot.

And it’s not like I just dug up a random comment from a random poster. He trolled me over this a year ago. I’m just bringing it back up to him now that the season has played it.

How have you managed to not get banned by those sissies?

Or do you have 16 accounts?

Calling what I said to him an attack is a bit of a reach. I literally just asked him if he wanted to take back that comment.

I called him out on the board that he originally made the comment on. Since he doesn’t post here, I can’t call him out here. That’s really not that big of a deal. It really could have been left at a simple “lol yeah that was dumb” and been over with.
It looked like an attack the way you did it. It was out of nowhere and completely off topic.

Again though, this all happened on a home board, you're getting upset at a guy for posting home board homer shit on a home board.

It looked like an attack the way you did it. It was out of nowhere and completely off topic.

Again though, this all happened on a home board, you're getting upset at a guy for posting home board homer shit on a home board.

Post homer shit all you want, but if you’re going to troll me with homer shit don’t be offended up I point out how wrong you looked afterwards.

You sticking up for him after reading his posts is weird. That guy isn’t off his rocker. If he wasn’t a Kentucky fan you’d trashing him. Put away school bias one time.

Post homer shit all you want, but if you’re going to troll me with homer shit don’t be offended up I point out how wrong you looked afterwards.

You sticking up for him after reading his posts is weird. That guy isn’t off his rocker. If he wasn’t a Kentucky fan you’d trashing him. Put away school bias one time.
It's kind of weird that you are getting this upset over one persons opinion. Why is it effecting you so much? It's just an opinion. It's neither wrong or right, but you are incredibly bothered by it, why?

Also, how do you figure I'm defending him? I did nothing of the sort, all I did was call you out for the same thing you called him out for, which was posting about something that had nothing to do with the topic at hand or the thread.

Also, if you think about it, it's not totally out of the question to think that the 2018/19 UK team could… .I said "COULD", beat a BIG10 all star team. Why not, it's 5 on 5. It's possible.

Same could be said about MSU last year, they beat Duke in the e8 and that Duke team had all star talent, so why couldn't they beat an SEC all star team?

In fact, all star teams will have less cohesion than a team that has been practicing as a unit for a year+. So in all honesty, yeah, it could happen. You're acting like it's preposterous, but it truly could happen.

It's kind of weird that you are getting this upset over one persons opinion. Why is it effecting you so much? It's just an opinion. It's neither wrong or right, but you are incredibly bothered by it, why?

Also, how do you figure I'm defending him? I did nothing of the sort, all I did was call you out for the same thing you called him out for, which was posting about something that had nothing to do with the topic at hand or the thread.

Also, if you think about it, it's not totally out of the question to think that the 2018/19 UK team could… .I said "COULD", beat a BIG10 all star team. Why not, it's 5 on 5. It's possible.

Same could be said about MSU last year, they beat Duke in the e8 and that Duke team had all star talent, so why couldn't they beat an SEC all star team?

In fact, all star teams will have less cohesion than a team that has been practicing as a unit for a year+. So in all honesty, yeah, it could happen. You're acting like it's preposterous, but it truly could happen.

Kentucky wasn’t beating an All Big Ten team in a best of 5 series. It absolutely is preposterous to argue that.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

You’re starting to look as bad as MDWildcat. I didn’t know making fun of his stupidity would bother you so much. I thought you could be reasonable and recognize his stupidity with me but apparently it’s impossible for you to call out other Kentucky fans. Quite a shame.

@kyjeff1

To be clear, I’m not responding to a guy who said Kentucky could beat an All Big ten team one time out of a hundred or that it’d be possible.

I’m responding to a guy that said this:

“Your hand-picked all-conference team wouldn't beat Kentucky by March in a best-of-five series. No one close to Richards' size. No forwards with the size and strength and scoring ability of Travis, Washington, Montgomery. The wing players wouldn't be as quick or athletic, overall, or have more scoring punch, than Johnson, Green, Quickly, Hagans, Baker and Herro.”

Just admit that’s being an over the top homer.

Duke had Three dudes that were really, really good; Zion, Reddish and Barrett. MSU beating Duke, opposed to beating a team comprised of the SEC's best----Gtant Williams, PJ Washngton, Tyler Herro, Admiral Schofield, Tremont Waters, Keldon Johnson, Bryce Brown, Jared Harper, Daniel Gafford, etc, etc...is a different story. Its not just 5 on 5 as you said. Its MSU or Duke, Or UK's rotation, vs the best rotation an entire conference can offer. Even as talented as Duke was, they wouldn't beat an all-star TEAM from the Big 10, B12 or the SEC.

Duke had Three dudes that were really, really good; Zion, Reddish and Barrett. MSU beating Duke, opposed to beating a team comprised of the SEC's best----Gtant Williams, PJ Washngton, Tyler Herro, Admiral Schofield, Tremont Waters, Keldon Johnson, Bryce Brown, Jared Harper, Daniel Gafford, etc, etc...is a different story. Its not just 5 on 5 as you said. Its MSU or Duke, Or UK's rotation, vs the best rotation an entire conference can offer. Even as talented as Duke was, they wouldn't beat an all-star TEAM from the Big 10, B12 or the SEC.

Like he said anything can happen in a one game scenario. Saying that an an All Big Ten team with Cassius Winston, Carsen Edwards, etc. would lose a best of 5 to Kentucky because of lack of talent is utterly ridiculous, though.

Like he said anything can happen in a one game scenario. Saying that an an All Big Ten team with Cassius Winston, Carsen Edwards, etc. would lose a best of 5 to Kentucky because of lack of talent is utterly ridiculous, though.
Sure. ANything can happen. But I thought the debate was a Best-of-5? But even then---In a one game scenario, I'm taking an All-Conference team.

Are Kentucky fans just that obvious to talent on other teams?
That---and just to homerish. Some of them. There's not one college team I can think of, that I would take over a Big 10, ACC, SEC or B12 all-conference team.

@kyjeff1

To be clear, I’m not responding to a guy who said Kentucky could beat an All Big ten team one time out of a hundred or that it’d be possible.

I’m responding to a guy that said this:

“Your hand-picked all-conference team wouldn't beat Kentucky by March in a best-of-five series. No one close to Richards' size. No forwards with the size and strength and scoring ability of Travis, Washington, Montgomery. The wing players wouldn't be as quick or athletic, overall, or have more scoring punch, than Johnson, Green, Quickly, Hagans, Baker and Herro.”

Just admit that’s being an over the top homer.
LOL, again, I'm not defending anyone, nothing I said over on RR can be looked at as defending MD. His post was completely homerish, but it's just his opinion. But yes, it was a completely over tge top homer post… .. but that's what you get on home boards. You know this, so why does it bother you so much?
If it was said over here on this board, I would laugh and tell him it's ridiculous, but home boards are different.
My issue was with you jumping on him in a thread that was going pretty well at the time. What's worse is you were talking about a post from a year ago.
Go to any home board and you'll find a lot of posts that will make you cringe. I mean, there's a guy over on the UL basketball board that is accusing Cal of paying players, then said "we don't play the shoe company game, other schools do that, but not us". I mean wow, I would put that as much worse than what MD posted, but it was a home board post, so I left it alone.

Are Kentucky fans just that obvious to talent on other teams?
Do you mean oblivious?
If so, yes, some are, because they only watch UK. A lot of fans (all programs and franchises) are like that.
Got a 65 year old neighbor lady over here that thinks the Reds are the best team in MLB every year, but they just make too many mistakes and they aren’t playing hard enough.
There just isn't enough time in the day to get her to understand what the real problem is, so I just smh.

You guys are toooooooooooo sensitive. Cal is a highly successful coach. A great recruiter. Deserves all the praise he gets. BUT.........He also deserves the criticism he gets. Thing is, when he is criticized, you guys take it personal. Then run off all the great things he's done. Then make post like this. You do this even when a poster of your own, makes such a stupid post. What do expect?

Cal's had a ton of success, and will continue to do so. He has won everywhere he's coached. So its obvious, he can coach. BUT....he has flaws, believe it or not.
I know you like "too sensitive" and it's your catchphrase, but everything I posted was in the overall mentality of fans today. I read fans do it all the time with other fanbases/coaches/etc, not including UK or Calipari.

This is what I was referring to when some fans will overlook the exact same scenarios when deal with others, but when UK fans do it, it's somehow different, and we're "too sensitive". :confused:

I'll say again,It is pretty amazing the perception we have taken on about Championships or bust. Not just for Calipari but all coaches. HOF be damned, Runner up's be damned, FF, Regional Finals, Wins, etc. be damned. There is only one coach/team per year who had a successful season. EVERY ONE ELSE has failed miserably.

Championships are the be all, end all, measuring stick for success.

*Actually, you're right, UK fans are the most abundant, passionate, over sensitive fans in the history of college basketball. Carry on. Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Then grow some balls and tell him that.
So I'm supposed to run around RR and call people out for their ridiculous takes? I run a business man, I don't have time for that, we're talking about Rupps Rafters here.
Besides, I think what you did was worse. Yeah, he had a very homeristic take, but you came off like a butthurt troll when you flamed the guy for something he said a year ago.

Between 2009 class and 2017 class, Cal has gotten 25 of the 31 (81%) top 20 recruits he has landed drafted.

The top 20 kids that chose other schools are 95 for 149 (64%).

Yup... Cal sucks at development. Lol
Ok...all that NBA talent and only 1 title at UK. does that mean he sucks as a coach?

Reactions: Quavarius
Is there now a 3rd column besides win/loss called 'struggled'?

23-9....piss off.

You struggle with something called logic.

Can you imagine the response to a KU fan saying that they could beat an all-B10 (or any other power conference) team last year?

And a fully intact KU team was better than Kentucky.

So I'm supposed to run around RR and call people out for their ridiculous takes? I run a business man, I don't have time for that, we're talking about Rupps Rafters here.
Besides, I think what you did was worse. Yeah, he had a very homeristic take, but you came off like a butthurt troll when you flamed the guy for something he said a year ago.

You had enough time to jump in that thread and call me out for posting in it, then argue your point here, and yet say there’s not enough time to just acknowledge how homerish his take was over there?

I’ve seen how much you post and how dedicated you get to some arguments. Saying you don’t have time in your day to make a 30 second post is hilarious.

You struggle with something called logic.

Can you imagine the response to a KU fan saying that they could beat an all-B10 (or any other power conference) team last year?

And a fully intact KU team was better than Kentucky.

71-63, excuses are for losers.

.....a number of those (most of them) dudes aren't playing college ball anymore.

We're talking last year's Kentucky vs last year's Big 10.

And no, you don't need to see a roster if you're rational. Kentucky wasn't even as good as Michigan St and had the same record as Michigan. They would have gotten hammered by an all-B10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT