ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Bloods

As of today, I would prefer to celebrate being #1 and leave fondly reminiscing about 1941 to UK fans.:)

2012 NATIONAL TITLE RING ANY BELLS, Della.... or were you blacked out that season on that awful stuff in Tennessee they try to call 'whiskey'?

2012 NATIONAL TITLE RING ANY BELLS, Della.... or were you blacked out that season on that awful stuff in Tennessee they try to call 'whiskey'?
latest

UK fan's guide to enjoying the present BB season.

The AP Top 25 Poll
Poll Released: Jan 21
RANK TEAM PV RANK
1 Tennessee (48) 3
2 Duke (11) 1
3 Virginia (3) 4
4 Gonzaga 5
5 Michigan 2
6 Michigan State (2) 6
7 Nevada 10
8 Kentucky 12
9 Kansas 7
10 Virginia Tech 9
VIEW FULL POLL

UT fan's guide to enjoying the present BB season.:)

Reactions: dirtyrock15
I really don't mind Tennessee in basketball, I honestly root for them to do well for the most part. They are no threat to UK. Never have been, never will be. So if their fans are happy with the midseason number 1 ranking, I'm happy for them. Probably as good as its going to get for them for some time.

I really don't mind Tennessee in basketball, I honestly root for them to do well for the most part. They are no threat to UK. Never have been, never will be. So if their fans are happy with the midseason number 1 ranking, I'm happy for them. Probably as good as its going to get for them for some time.
How magnanimous of you.

Given their lack of any real accomplishments in CBB for the entire life span of their program, you're being a little generous.
Their MBB program is just so revered.... so much so that a former WBB coach's name adorns their floor.

Given their lack of any real accomplishments in CBB for the entire life span of their program, you're being a little generous.
Their MBB program is just so revered.... so much so that a former WBB coach's name adorns their floor.
It is hilarious watching a UK fan have to call to the past to deal with little ole UT of the present.:D

Too be honest, there’s only 3 blue bloods.
UK
UNC
UCLA

Those 3 have stood the test of time. Won championships in different decades with multiple coaches at the helm.
Kansas is very close IMO.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
UK
UNC
UCLA

Those 3 have stood the test of time. Won championships in different decades with multiple coaches at the helm.
Coach-K1.jpg

This guy in particular would like a word with you.

It is hilarious watching a UK fan have to call to the past to deal with little ole UT of the present.:D

Uh...presently....the former WBB coach's name adorns the floor your guys play on. Shows where the MBB program's stature is among the athletic programs at UT.

Well, I am a Vol Alumna...

You're no daisy CATS, but they all count and we planted the Orange flag in Rupp and TBA for 2/3.

2>1:)

Here you are moving the goal posts again...

I'm being nice because what I said is generally true. I don't like Tennessee football but in hoops, I really don't root against them that much. Them having a better team makes our conference stronger, and they are really never in the way of Kentucky having success. I don't get the whole bragging about being number one in January thing, but I have never been in their spot as far as basketball goes.

This has happened before on this board when Tennessee was going under Pearl. They flooded thread after thread, and it looks like its starting to happen again.

Reactions: tw3301
Coach-K1.jpg

This guy in particular would like a word with you.
Sorry but they didn’t win a championship till 1991. They’ve had success under ONE coach. They’re kind of the like the Golden State Warriors or New England Patriots.
They’ve had a lot of recent success but only recent success.
You have to sustain greatness over many many decades to be a blue blood.

Uh...presently....the former WBB coach's name adorns the floor your guys play on. Shows where the MBB program's stature is among the athletic programs at UT.
Pat was a pretty special coach, I'm surprised you would insult that.

Sorry but they didn’t win a championship till 1991. They’ve had success under ONE coach. They’re kind of the like the Golden State Warriors or New England Patriots.
They’ve had a lot of recent success but only recent success.
You have to sustain greatness over many many decades to be a blue blood.
Are FSU and Miami Blue bloods in football IYO?

Always funny when a random SEC program has a good year or 2 and their fans come on here trolling.

South Carolina fans have passed the torch back to Tennessee fans.
doogie, You hurt me in my heart. We have had several discussions on this board over the years.:(

Reactions: doogie503
Is Tennessee one in football? I always thought they were but lately I’ve seen people say them and Nebraska are not.
I'd call them borderline not based on the last 10 years. However, they are close enough to regain that title if they can turn it around and maintain.

doogie, You hurt me in my heart. We have had several discussions on this board over the years.:(

This is true. You're a legit basketball fan. I don't remember seeing the other Vols around here though.

Oh, and please show mercy on Saturday.

Reactions: della
This is true. You're a legit basketball fan. I don't remember seeing the other Vols around here though.

Oh, and please show mercy on Saturday.
5951006240-scared-face-shutterstock.jpg

Y'all have beaten that which we could not. I'm scared.:eek:

I honestly don’t keep up with college football enough to have an opinion.
I’ve always heard the CFB blue blood were those listed below.

Alabama
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Notre Dame
USC
Michigan
Texas
Nebraska
Tennessee

Solid list but I can see why others think some listed above should not be included.

Reactions: della
I'm being nice because what I said is generally true. I don't like Tennessee football but in hoops, I really don't root against them that much. Them having a better team makes our conference stronger, and they are really never in the way of Kentucky having success. I don't get the whole bragging about being number one in January thing, but I have never been in their spot as far as basketball goes.

This has happened before on this board when Tennessee was going under Pearl. They flooded thread after thread, and it looks like its starting to happen again.
yeah i remember that, then they disappeared for years. I expect that to happen again soon.

yeah i remember that, then they disappeared for years. I expect that to happen again soon.
Is that really any different than the fact that you find very few Duke, UNC or especially UK fans on the football board? Do you find it a little hypocritical to make fun of fans who follow success?

Is that really any different than the fact that you find very few Duke, UNC or especially UK fans on the football board? Do you find it a little hypocritical to make fun of fans who follow success?
I assume there are no Tennessee fans on the football board as well?

I assume there are no Tennessee fans on the football board as well?
There’s probably 75 or so active UT posters on the mainboard. Their collective wit over the years has me high on them as a fanbase. Hardly any of them take themselves or their school very seriously.

Reactions: C*A*T*S
Being #1 is a distasteful for y'all? I can see by y'all's performance that y'all are achieving your goals too, we can both be happy.:)
Distasteful? Certainly not. It is fun, as a fan, to see your favorite team sitting there with a #1 ranking. But it's January, there is a long way to go.

Also, things can happen fast, you could be out of the rankings in 3 weeks time. All it takes is an injury to a key player (just ask KU about that injury thing) or a string of losses.

Me, I like where UK is at right now, they are top 10 with a good win on the road and a shot at UT in Rupp on the horizon.

UT has a few road games late in the season that might end up being losses (@Auburn, @LSU, @ole Miss and @UK).

Good luck.

Distasteful? Certainly not. It is fun, as a fan, to see your favorite team sitting there with a #1 ranking. But it's January, there is a long way to go.

Also, things can happen fast, you could be out of the rankings in 3 weeks time. All it takes is an injury to a key player (just ask KU about that injury thing) or a string of losses.

Me, I like where UK is at right now, they are top 10 with a good win on the road and a shot at UT in Rupp on the horizon.

UT has a few road games late in the season that might end up being losses (@Auburn, @LSU, @ole Miss and @UK).

Good luck.
Well, I only hate one team in sports and it isn't UK. If you ever choose sea algae as your name sake and don the color of dried blood as your colors, it might change.

I would like UT/ UK to not lose a game before the clash. Of course I want the Orange to prevail.

UK
UNC
UCLA

I don't know how anyone can say UCLA would be in there if Kansas and Duke aren't. UCLA had basically it's entire success under one coach and in a time when competition was radically different, and has won a single title in 43 years. I definitely don't know how anyone can say Kansas is close and Duke isn't.

Check that. I forgot who was posting.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and C*A*T*S
As of today, I would prefer to celebrate being #1 and leave fondly reminiscing about 1941 to UK fans.:)

We don't need to go back to 1941, we have had a more productive last five years than Tennessee has in their entire history in basketball.

Congrats on your team. I mean it. I'd much rather see Tennessee have basketball success than any of the blue bloods, and a lot of other teams out there. But you're getting ahead of yourself with this chatter about Tennessee vs. Kentucky. :)

Is that really any different than the fact that you find very few Duke, UNC or especially UK fans on the football board?

There are a bunch of UK football fans over there, probably comparable to the amount of Tennessee fans. I don't get the idea that few of us talk about football. Sure, more of us talk about basketball. I think that would be true of any school if they had our level of basketball success.

We don't need to go back to 1941, we have had a more productive last five years than Tennessee has in their entire history in basketball.

Congrats on your team. I mean it. I'd much rather see Tennessee have basketball success than any of the blue bloods, and a lot of other teams out there. But you're getting ahead of yourself with this chatter about Tennessee vs. Kentucky. :)

There are a bunch of UK football fans over there, probably comparable to the amount of Tennessee fans. I don't get the idea that few of us talk about football. Sure, more of us talk about basketball. I think that would be true of any school if they had our level of basketball success.
Hi VaWildcat, I really haven't gotten to talk to a sensible UK fan lately, so thanks for showing up.

Actually, you might want to zip back in time, cause UK leads UT 6/5 head to head in the last 5 years and that is hardly something to brag about for a "blue blood".

Thanks for the congrats, I know it is sincere coming from you and I appreciate it.

I haven't preemptively struck out at UK. What you're witnessing is counter battery fire.(Military term, impressed?) I reserve the right to defend, but as you know, I defend by counter attacks.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
I visit that board every now and then and post. Not like this board, though. And truly, I think most regulars over here would like to see more traffic from fans of teams other than UK, Duke, UNC, and so on.

You are usually pretty good at just debating, but there have been a handful of UT fans over the years that have come here at the top of their game just to troll and talk smack. Only to disappear as soon as their team returns to status. Happened with USC posters a couple years back, too. It just gets kind of annoying.

Reactions: tw3301 and C*A*T*S
Hi VaWildcat, I really haven't gotten to talk to a sensible UK fan lately, so thanks for showing up.

Actually, you might want to zip back in time, cause UK leads UT 6/5 head to head in the last 5 years and that is hardly something to brag about for a "blue blood".

Thanks for the congrats, I know it is sincere coming from you and I appreciate it.

I haven't preemptively struck out at UK. What you're witnessing is counter battery fire.(Military term, impressed?) I reserve the right to defend, but as you know, I defend by counter attacks.

Thought history didn't matter? Moving those goal post again...

ADVERTISEMENT