ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Bloods

C*A*T*S

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2009
What is the criteria of a blue blood?

And...

Your list of blue bloods?

When you have nothing left, you always have the good ole days to reminisce about, don't you.:)

My list of "blue bloods":

UNC
Duke
UK
UCLA
Indiana
Louisville
Wow Della, you have IU and UL on there, but no Kansas???

There are only 4 blue bloods right now:
UK
UNC
KU
Duke

UCLA and IU lost that status years ago and UL never had it.

What an original topic...it’s never been discussed here before.

I'm fairly new here, and this wasn't a troll thread. I was interested in how other members described a blue bloods. But since it must have been discussed already then I digress...

When you have nothing left, you always have the good ole days to reminisce about, don't you.:)

My list of "blue bloods":

UNC
Duke
UK
UCLA
Indiana
Louisville

No not for me. UL and IN have done nothing the last few decades. Hell I'd consider TN in that group if you were to go that way.

Wow Della, you have IU and UL on there, but no Kansas???

There are only 4 blue bloods right now:
UK
UNC
KU
Duke

UCLA and IU lost that status years ago and UL never had it.

You're right. I should have put Kansas in there. "Blue bloods" relates to excellence of the past. How many Championships does UK? How many does UCLA have?

You're right. I should have put Kansas in there. "Blue bloods" relates to excellence of the past. How many Championships does UK? How many does UCLA have?
It's not just about titles and it is certainly a heck of a lot more than past accomplishments Della.
UCLA is a has-been program, they don't even seem to care about basketball out there anymore.
At least Indiana and Louisville are trying to maintain a good basketball tradition.

It's no secret you don't like UNC. If there was a way you probably have NC State ranked in the top 5.

Hm, it isn't about liking or disliking. And no, why on earth would I think NC State should be in the top five if I am not sure if UCLA doesn't even deserve to be a blue blood anymore?

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
....and as a UT fan, you have ONE Elite 8 in your program's entire history to reminisce about.
As a UK fan your program is closer to a beat down than a top billing.

UT fans don't need to reminisce about the past when we are living the Dream today.:)

Reactions: dirtyrock15

UT fans don't need to reminisce about the past when we are living the Dream today.:)
Since 2000, Tenn has had more success than Virginia in the NCAA TOURNAMENT.

Since 2000, Tenn has had more success than Virginia in the NCAA TOURNAMENT.
I think UVA and UT kinda mirror each other in a lot of ways. UVA probably has higher rated recruits though.

UNC isnt the bluest.
We were talking about this the other day. I think you are one of the few who don't put UNC in their top two. For reasons I think most understand, though.

Horse is beat to death, but the correct list has already been added to the thread.

UK
UNC
Duke
Kansas
UCLA

Indiana
Dude, why wouldn't you have UNC in the top 2? Is there a reason besides the recent scandal?

How so? I'll tell you want is dumb, people saying stuff without supporting it with anything.
It's dumb that this even has to be spelled out for you.

Its dumb because UK has been to 4 final fours under the current coach, including two title games and a title. Sure sounds totally washed up to me. Meanwhile, you guys made the elite eight that one time almost a decade ago.

But yeah, that mid-January #1 ranking sure has all the UK fans jealous.

We hardly have to go back to 1941 to make UT look like a nobody.

della della della...

It's kinda creepy the way you blow the orange. If you remember correctly, we own the latest victory against the ugly orange. And we beat you when it mattered, in a champ game when your team folded. Congrats on the #1 in which I think you deserve it.

Huckleberry...

Reactions: catman111
It's dumb that this even has to be spelled out for you.

Its dumb because UK has been to 4 final fours under the current coach, including two title games and a title. Sure sounds totally washed up to me. Meanwhile, you guys made the elite eight that one time almost a decade ago.

But yeah, that mid-January #1 ranking sure has all the UK fans jealous.

We hardly have to go back to 1941 to make UT look like a nobody.
Here is the deal little one, I didn't start anything with the UK fans about UK, they started it about UT. My list of blue bloods included UK and didn't include UT, so there was no dis or delusion from me.

However, if you think UT fans should sit back and take banter and not return it, you don't understand message boards and are dumber than a box of rocks. Finally, I chose a way to respond that was factual, indefensible and effective.:)

Reactions: dirtyrock15
della della della...

It's kinda creepy the way you blow the orange. If you remember correctly, we own the latest victory against the ugly orange. And we beat you when it mattered, in a champ game when your team folded. Congrats on the #1 in which I think you deserve it.

Huckleberry...
Well, I am a Vol Alumna...

You're no daisy CATS, but they all count and we planted the Orange flag in Rupp and TBA for 2/3.

2>1:)

Being ranked #1 in January is a dream to you?
Talk about a low bar. Wow.
Also, UK has scoreboard on UT. I just wanted to say that.
I still like you Della, your agenda is cute, in a creepy way.

UK is still more of a "top billing" right now that Tenn hoops. Even with Tenn being #1 in the polls, UK is still the bigger draw for a program.

Being ranked #1 in January is a dream to you?
Talk about a low bar. Wow.
Also, UK has scoreboard on UT. I just wanted to say that.
I still like you Della, your agenda is cute, in a creepy way.
Being #1 is a distasteful for y'all? I can see by y'all's performance that y'all are achieving your goals too, we can both be happy.:)

UK is still more of a "top billing" right now that Tenn hoops. Even with Tenn being #1 in the polls, UK is still the bigger draw for a program.
Y'all can get posters of that and stick it on your walls, we are good with the #1 thingie.:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT