ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton Thread

Funniest Bill Walton story was when he was working with the Clippers.
I was living in Southern California at the time and would occasionally watch the Clippers. Their play by play man was one of the greatest ever in Ralph Lawler. His partner was Bill Walton.
I guess Walton started pissing off the higher ups because the 1999 Clippers were horrible and Walton was hard on the players.
Smart ass Bill Walton started calling the team the 1959 Boston Celtics. Their backup center became the next Bill Russell. Start saying they had a legit shot at a NBA Championship.
Made the Clippers game worth watching but of course Donald Sterling and company fired him

Pasch really needs to step his game up in countering walton. He gets some zingers in there but it would be really entertaining if they allow him to go at Walton more---

Last edited:
Pasch really needs to step his game up in countering walton. He gets some zingers in there but it would be really entertaining if they allow him to go at Walton more---

He is the straight man. Have you never watched good comedy?

Reactions: Trickyoxx01
There was a game last season and Walton’s sidekick brought up Bill Raftery.
Walton: Is he still alive?!

Reactions: KisteK
My nephew is a junior at Colorado. He just texted me a photo of him posing on center court with Bill Walton.

Arena is almost empty. Did Bill do the CU game tonight, or is it tomorrow?

I see they lost to northern Iow as the 24th ranked team.

My nephew is a junior at Colorado. He just texted me a photo of him posing on center court with Bill Walton.

Arena is almost empty. Did Bill do the CU game tonight, or is it tomorrow?

I see they lost to northern Iow as the 24th ranked team.

Yep. Game was last night on the Pac-12 Network. Who's your nephew? Looks like more than half the team is a junior, so that hardly narrows it down lol. Losing to Northern Iowa really isn't a bad loss at all. I saw them play West Virginia and they had that game won. Everything just sort of fell apart in the last 5 minutes. That's their only loss on the season - a very, very winnable game.

Here is Bill Walton's schedule for the year.
bwsched2019.png

Couldn't find much from last night, so let's go with an oldie to compensate.

Yep. Game was last night on the Pac-12 Network. Who's your nephew? Looks like more than half the team is a junior, so that hardly narrows it down lol. Losing to Northern Iowa really isn't a bad loss at all. I saw them play West Virginia and they had that game won. Everything just sort of fell apart in the last 5 minutes. That's their only loss on the season - a very, very winnable game.

Here is Bill Walton's schedule for the year.
bwsched2019.png
He’s not a player, he is a fan

bahahaha you guys are going to hate this so much. Love listening to his rambles, but I'd go batty if I had to listen to him announce a Duke game.
He did his first game in AFH a few years ago. The first 3 minutes were him telling of his spiritual experience driving up Naismith Drive to the stadium and how upon entering he went into another dimension where the legendary ghosts of college basketball overwhelmed him and spoke to him. Something like that atleast.

He did his first game in AFH a few years ago. The first 3 minutes were him telling of his spiritual experience driving up Naismith Drive to the stadium and how upon entering he went into another dimension where the legendary ghosts of college basketball overwhelmed him and spoke to him. Something like that atleast.

lol that sounds like Walton. Love that nut-job hippy.

Bill is the best. About the only thing the PAC had going for it. May have to tune in tonight.

I loved it him tonight during the UK game, as a rival fan. Bill said early on that this was the first UK game he had announced. Then spent the majority of the game complaining about the refs, “How when Kentucky drives to the goal and runs over their defender they get a foul call, but when Utah does it twice in a row and their player ends up face down on the ground, no call”. And the 7-8 times he called out the refs on questionable block/charge calls that went UKs way. He’s be like that’s a charge, then the ref would call a block, and he was like man I must need to clean my glasses after getting back from Maui. No Mr. Walton welcome to the UK experience.

Granted uk did get screwed when they reviewed that block/charge on maxey nc they “said” they thought “the defenders feet were on the arc” which would make it reviewable bit he was like 3-4 feet in front of the arc, it wasn’t even close and shouldn’t have been reviewable. They got the call right in the end tho imo, the Utah defender wasn’t totally set but he got elbowed in the face and ran over.

Now I realize Walton is a Pac12 homer and he was pretty much rooting for Utah but I still found it funny that it was his first time announcing a UK game and he spent most of the time that he wasn’t rambling bitching about the zebras, but granted the zebras were pretty terrible, both ways.

He was also very complimentary of both UKs program and Coach Cal, as well as their former players presence in the nba. He wasn’t a complete homer, like hometown radio announcer homer, but you could tell he was rooting for the utes but it wasn’t extremely unprofessional, except the constant running Ute yelp, holler, battle cry whatever he kept spazzing into lmao.

Here are a couple of interactions between Walton and Pasch from the game last night:

Walton: And to talk basketball with him (Donny Daniels, Utah Assistant)...
Pasch: (Interrupts) You talk basketball?
Walton: It's all I do. Please!

Pasch: You invited me into that Jacuzzi at your house, and I said no.
Walton: Don't be afraid. Be curious. Be willing to experiment.
Pasch: I went into the teepee. I'm just not willing to go into the water in your home.

I can only assume Pasch thinks Walton has done some kinky stuff in the jacuzzi.

Reactions: speedfrk

Here are a couple of interactions between Walton and Pasch from the game last night:

Walton: And to talk basketball with him (Donny Daniels, Utah Assistant)...
Pasch: (Interrupts) You talk basketball?
Walton: It's all I do. Please!

Pasch: You invited me into that Jacuzzi at your house, and I said no.
Walton: Don't be afraid. Be curious. Be willing to experiment.
Pasch: I went into the teepee. I'm just not willing to go into the water in your home.

I can only assume Pasch thinks Walton has done some kinky stuff in the jacuzzi.

Given what is said and done on air, I can only imagine what happens off air.

This was from the game last week in Boulder, where Colorado hosted Oregon.

Bill Walton: "I prefer being high... *pause*... in the Rockies."

Good save, Bill. Good save.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I swear Bill has had peanut butter in the last 3 or 4 games he's announced.

And sure, why not lick it off. That's only polite.

ADVERTISEMENT