ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest “What Ifs” in Your Schools history

Yeah, well Dee and Deron vs McCants and Felton was one for the ages. All four straight up savages.

Luther Head was another. They ran 3 guards out there.
The Elite 8 game vs Arizona was one of the best college games during the early 2000s.
Illinois just took over in the second half. Believe they were down double digits the majority of that game and just turned it on.

Reactions: all4theillini
1. What if Webber didn't call that timeout?

2. What if Trey Burke wasn't called for a foul on that block?

3. What if Mitch McGary doesn't miss the 2013/14 season?

4. What if D.J. Wilson returned like expected instead of leaving for the draft?

Maybe a championship or two.
1. Still lose. That TO is so overblown

2. win very possibly. That is the one that hurts. Up twelve in first half with no Burke. Even 6-8 point lead at half and we still win. Fvcking zebras and we also blew it.

3. That would have been Beilein’s best team and stone cold lock for a FF. A natty? Very possible.

4. who knows but Wilson wasnt happy and I am not sure we would have the team chemistry with him. Dont care about this one much.

Purdue:
1) What if Big Dog doesn’t fck up his back while wrestling with a teammate in the hotel the night before the ‘94 Elite Eight against Duke?
2) What if Robbie Hummel doesn’t tear an ACL at the end of the regular season when Purdue was poised to take over the #1 ranking?
3) What if Robbie Hummel doesn’t tear his acl again the season after?
4) What if Isaac Haas doesn’t break his elbow in the first round of the ‘18 tourney because of a dirty arm lock takedown, which ultimately led to the rule change that everyone hates right now?
5) What if UVA doesn’t make a 1,000,000:1 play in the ‘19 Elite Eight game? Does Carsen go full Kemba and win a title?
6) What if #1 seed Purdue doesn’t play like dog sht and then fumble the ball off their foot at the end of the game in the ‘88 S16 against a KSU team they beat by about a hundred earlier in the season?

All good picks.

Going back before any of us were born, what if the AD pushes out the lame duck coach to hire Wooden

Another old one is what if the best team in school history didn’t run into Kareem and UCLA in the ncaa title game? Also before I was born, but I think that was in the middle of their 7 titles in a row. Insane

What if Andre McGee had played his measley college career anywhere other than Louisville ‍♂️. Or if Pitinos dumbass never let him be a grad assistant. Pretty hard to have a worse regret than banging a skank on a restaurant table for 15 seconds and get extorted for it smh, but giving Andre worthless ass McGee a damn scholarship then later a job has to be right up there.

At the very least we wouldn’t have asterisk. Also a real possibility Jurich and Pitino never get fired. I like Mack and think he is a good coach, I thought he did a good job last season as well as this season, especially given the circumstances he inherited, but I’m not gonna sit here and act like he is on Pitinos level. Hopefully one day but even the optimist in me doubts it.

Also what if US Reed from Arkansas missed that half court buzzer beater that sent Louisville home in 83, in what some say was the greatest ending in ncaaT history.

Many card fans believe that was Denny’s best team.

I’ll go first for MSU. This season can not be a what if, it’s the same for everyone, doesn’t count.

in chronological order

1. What if the clock hadn’t stopped incorrectly against top seeded Kansas in 86’ sweet sixteen, letting them send it to overtime and win.

2. What if Kalin Lucas didn’t blow out his achilles in 2010 against Maryland in the sweet sixteen. Still made the Final Four, but could we have beaten Butler with him healthy?

3. What if Brandon Dawson didn’t tear his ACL against OSU in the last game of the regular season in 2012. We lost that game on a buzzer beater, and it cost us a sole big ten title, and with him healthy could we have gone farther in March?

4. What if the 2013-14 team wasn’t ravaged with injuries. That team was the most talented MSU team fully healthy this century in my opinion, but no one could stay healthy. Keith Appling, poised to take a big leap after a great Junior season, hurt his wrist. Was never the same shooter. Adriean Payne got hurt and missed a lot of time. Brandon Dawson broke his wrist. We lost in the elite 8 to 7 seed Connecticut, who went on to win it all. Fully healthy, we win that game.

5. What if we didn’t get upset in the first round in 2016? We we’re hitting our stride at the right time. Everyone was healthy, we were winning games. It’s regarded as one of the top 3 tournament upsets ever. We fell apart defensively, but MTSU could not miss either.

I would include 18-19 with all the injuries, but I think we actually played better afterwards. Langfords injury allowed Cassius to become Cassius, and Ward’s injury allowed Tillman to become Tillman.

IOWA STATE - I think MSU fan knows, foul here or there and ISU could have their only final four. Or if they would of been given the one seed they deserved same year, certainly not in MSU bracket as best 2.

Reactions: MGC_07
Fizer and Tinsley were such great college players.
That Iowa State team was dangerous.

Embarrassed a decent UCLA team that year in the Sweet 16.
Knowing NE Texas and NW Louisiana Fizer was someone I was familiar with early on because people told me he was a future NBA player when he moved there from Detriot
Someone I wanted the best for in his career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT