ADVERTISEMENT

big12

You think Kentucky under BCG could’ve won the Big 12?

The streak was very impressive but every other conference has had multiple elite coaches in that span. Who is the second best coach in the B12 during that streak? Barnes? Teams fell apart for you guys year after year. But there is something to be said for the consistency.

The streak was very impressive but every other conference has had multiple elite coaches in that span. Who is the second best coach in the B12 during that streak? Barnes? Teams fell apart for you guys year after year. But there is something to be said for the consistency.

Barnes wasn’t even considered a good coach until he started owning the SEC.

Do you want to know why no one but Duke would have had a shot? Because everyone else had NIT teams, double digit seeds or even losing records in that span. That's called logic. I know you're not very familiar with it.
Here's one for you. Those teams may not have gone to the NIT if they played in the B12.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Big 12 has had a lot of good coaches...

Bill Self, Bob Huggins, Lon Kruger, Frank Martin, Rick Barnes, Fred Hoiberg, Bob Knight, Tubby Smith, Chris Beard, Jamie Dixon, etc etc...

You should really quit trying to be funny. It's embarrassing.

Interesting that the Big 12/SEC challenge results are no indicator of how a team would perform over a conference slate, yet tourney results are.

You probably think UMBC could win the ACC. RollLaugh
How stupid is that? So because UK loses a game in Lawrence, that means they couldn't own the BIG12?
UK beat KU in Rupp this year and won in Morgantown last year.

Did Kansas State lose in Lawrence this year?

I didn't know winning the conference meant you had to go undefeated.

Again, go get your dad, you are awful at this. Seriously, your arguments make no sense. WTH does winning or losing one game in January have to do with one team owning a conference if that one team played in that conference?

You can't be this clueless.

TTU - Elite 8 2018, KSU - Elite 8 2018 & 2010, Baylor - Elite 8 2012 & 2010, OU - Elite 8 2009, UT - Elite 8 2008 & 2006 plus Final Four 2003, Missouri - Elite 8 2009 & 2002.

What made South Carolina better? Hiring KSU coach Frank Martin. What made Tennessee better hiring former UT coach Rick Barnes.
None of the stuff about coaches means a thing here.

Also, so what, you had a few teams make an Elite 8, all the other p5 conferences in question have done that too.

I don't get your point.

How stupid is that? So because UK loses a game in Lawrence, that means they couldn't own the BIG12?

Again, go get your dad, you are awful at this. Seriously, your arguments make no sense. WTH does winning or losing one game in January have to do with one team owning a conference if that one team played in that conference?

Only to a moron like you.

But no, that’s obviously not why Kentucky wouldn’t have won the league from ‘05 to ‘18. They wouldn’t have done it because they had two NIT teams, an 11 seed and three 8s in that span. Is that clear enough for you?

Per usual, I’m sure you’ll ignore this painfully obvious fact and try to deflect, like the child you are.

Just had to bring this up.

Blew a 20 point 2nd half lead...:(

Better talent in the SEC

Yeah, he’s had much better talent at Tennessee than the plethora of NBA players/stars he had at Texas, including Kevin Durant.

And wouldn’t it be harder to win games in a more talented league? Just when I thought your posts couldn’t get dumber.

None of the stuff about coaches means a thing here.

Also, so what, you had a few teams make an Elite 8, all the other p5 conferences in question have done that too.

I don't get your point.
10 out of 14 schools have made an Elite 8 since 2000. Just curious, how many of the SEC has?

Do we know the overall tournament wins and winning percentage for both the Big 12 and SEC this century? I’m willing to bet it’s very close.

Only to a moron like you.

But no, that’s obviously not why Kentucky wouldn’t have won the league from ‘05 to ‘18. They wouldn’t have done it because they had two NIT teams, an 11 seed and three 8s in that span. Is that clear enough for you?

Per usual, I’m sure you’ll ignore this painfully obvious fact and try to deflect, like the child you are.
Again

For the 3rd time

I stated that UK would not likely repeat what KU did for those 14 years because UK is always so young and yes, there were NIT seasons in there.

Why do you continue to not pay attention to what I'm saying?

Look, nobody is saying what KU did isn't impressive. It is impressive. But to say nobody else can do it is just wrong.

There are a lot of programs out there that have sustained success year in and year out that have performed better than KU outside if league play.

What it proves is the rest of the conference is made up of a bunch of good teams that just are just good, they never raise to a level where they are championship caliber.

Like I said, Oklahoma in 16 gave ku run, but they shit the bed when the kitchen got too hot. Nobody else has ever risen to the occasion.

Yeah, he’s had much better talent at Tennessee than the plethora of NBA players/stars he had at Texas, including Kevin Durant.

And wouldn’t it be harder to win games in a more talented league? Just when I thought your posts couldn’t get dumber.
I agree

10 out of 14 schools have made an Elite 8 since 2000. Just curious, how many of the SEC has?

Do we know the overall tournament wins and winning percentage for both the Big 12 and SEC this century? I’m willing to bet it’s very close.

I asked him this and he deflected to Cal vs Self. So I’m guessing it doesn’t favor the SEC.

Since when is the E8 a measuring stick? In those years, how often has a bracket had upsets that allowed it to happen?

You can't deny that most of the B12 is made up of teams that are first or, at best, 2nd weekend teams.

I mean, what is the difference between Baylor, TT, ISU, Texas, KSU, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma? Nothing really. Oklahoma has that 2016 FF, but all of those teams are good programs, but you can put them all in a hat and whichever one you draw will give you the same shoulder shrug Meh moment.

He probably put 20 guys in the nba at texas. Multiple lottery picks and superstars in the league.

Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tristan Thompson
MylesTurner
Tj Ford
Avery Bradley
Corey Joseph
DJ Augustin
Pj Tucker
Daniel Gibson
Chris Mihm

Since when is the E8 a measuring stick? In those years, how often has a bracket had upsets that allowed it to happen?

You can't deny that most of the B12 is made up of teams that are first or, at best, 2nd weekend teams.

I mean, what is the difference between Baylor, TT, ISU, Texas, KSU, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma? Nothing really. Oklahoma has that 2016 FF, but all of those teams are good programs, but you can put them all in a hat and whichever one you draw will give you the same shoulder shrug Meh moment.
You can this about literally every team in the SEC since 2000 except Kentucky and Florida. That’s like 12 schools or something.

And the Elite 8 is a pretty big accomplishment. It may not be to a Kentucky fan but for literally 99% of the programs out there it is a really big deal. The fact that so many Big 12 schools have gotten there in recent memory says how solid the conference is year in and year out.

I asked him this and he deflected to Cal vs Self. So I’m guessing it doesn’t favor the SEC.
Who deflected to Cal vs Self?

Are you talking about how each coach has done in the NCAAT? Which one has dominated their confirm, then turned around and lost to multiple {3) mid majors in the first weekend and which one hasn't been upset by a mid major (KY years only)?

UK got their asses kicked in "that week ass SEZ" in 2014, got an 8 seed and ended up in the title game.

He probably put 20 guys in the nba at texas. Multiple lottery picks and superstars in the league.

Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tristan Thompson
MylesTurner
Tj Ford
Avery Bradley
Corey Joseph
DJ Augustin
Pj Tucker
Daniel Gibson
Chris Mihm
Great, but then he got into the NCAAT against non B12 teams and shit his pants every time. He did it last year too. Almost blew it today.

I mean, he lost in the sweet 16 with Durant and Aldridge on his team.

Who deflected to Cal vs Self?

Are you talking about how each coach has done in the NCAAT? Which one has dominated their confirm, then turned around and lost to multiple {3) mid majors in the first weekend and which one hasn't been upset by a mid major (KY years only)?

UK got their asses kicked in "that week ass SEZ" in 2014, got an 8 seed and ended up in the title game.
Kentucky got lucky in 2014. They weren’t even a top 20 team that year. And to go on record I’ll say that 1988 Kansas wasn’t a top 20 team either. They just got really really lucky.

Kentucky got lucky in 2014. They weren’t even a top 20 team that year. And to go on record I’ll say that 1988 Kansas wasn’t a top 20 team either. They just got really really lucky.
But they took a beating in the SEC that year.

It's not lucky when you take out multiple teams the way UK did that year.
Wichita State (they were 31-0), Louisville (4 seed expected to beat UK easily), Michigan and Wisconsin. UK won those games and the SEC prepared them for that run. Two SEC teams in the Final Four that year too.

Again

For the 3rd time

I stated that UK would not likely repeat what KU did for those 14 years because UK is always so young and yes, there were NIT seasons in there.

Why do you continue to not pay attention to what I'm saying?

Look, nobody is saying what KU did isn't impressive. It is impressive. But to say nobody else can do it is just wrong.

There are a lot of programs out there that have sustained success year in and year out that have performed better than KU outside if league play.

What it proves is the rest of the conference is made up of a bunch of good teams that just are just good, they never raise to a level where they are championship caliber.

Like I said, Oklahoma in 16 gave ku run, but they shit the bed when the kitchen got too hot. Nobody else has ever risen to the occasion.

I don’t think anyone’s ever claimed that the Big 12 has other elite programs. The only claim is that the streak was an accomplishment that could’ve only arguably been matched by Duke during that span.

And the youth excuse is pretty weak. KU had some very young teams during the streak. Also teams with way less talent than the average Calipari team. Also, Cal didn’t arrive at UK until 5 years into the streak.

You can this about literally every team in the SEC since 2000 except Kentucky and Florida. That’s like 12 schools or something.

And the Elite 8 is a pretty big accomplishment. It may not be to a Kentucky fan but for literally 99% of the programs out there it is a really big deal. The fact that so many Big 12 schools have gotten there in recent memory says how solid the conference is year in and year out.
No you can't. Tennessee and Auburn won the league last year. LSU won the league this year. Auburn won the tournament this year.

There are 4 programs that are extremely hot right now. LSU is going to take a fall, but UK, UT, Florida and Auburn are going to have sustainable success.

I don’t think anyone’s ever claimed that the Big 12 has other elite programs. The only claim is that the streak was an accomplishment that could’ve only arguably been matched by Duke during that span.

And the youth excuse is pretty weak. KU had some very young teams during the streak. Also teams with way less talent than the average Calipari team. Also, Cal didn’t arrive at UK until 5 years into the streak.
Yup, KU had done young teams AND STILL WON THE LEAGUE. You proved my point.

Also, I think Virginia and UNC are programs that are better set up to pull it off than duke.

IDK why you say Duke, they haven't won the ACC in many years, but UVA has been dominating it. UNC is always a highly talented AND older team. RW keeps 5* players longer than anyone else and that is a recipe for success for the program (not the players though).

Wichita State (they were 31-0), Louisville (4 seed expected to beat UK easily), Michigan and Wisconsin. UK won those games and the SEC prepared them for that run. Two SEC teams in the Final Four that year too.

Of course, it was all due to the beating administered by the mighty SEC. Nevermind that they lost two of three OOC games vs good teams, lost to a very mediocre Baylor team, along with close games vs the likes of Cleveland St.

The SEC had nothing to do with it. They just weren’t very good at all until the end of the season.

Of course, it was all due to the beating administered by the mighty SEC. Nevermind that they lost two of three OOC games vs good teams, lost to a very mediocre Baylor team, along with close games vs the likes of Cleveland St.

The SEC had nothing to do with it. They just weren’t very good at all until the end of the season.
The SEC had nothing to do with UK's growth in 2014???

Now you're just being ignorant.

Every team gets galvanized throughout conference play.

You continue to make really stupid comments. Wow.

The SEC had nothing to do with UK's growth in 2014???

Now you're just being ignorant.

Every team gets galvanized throughout conference play.

You continue to make really stupid comments. Wow.

No...you continue to make really stupid inferences.

Yup, KU had done young teams AND STILL WON THE LEAGUE. You proved my point.

Also, I think Virginia and UNC are programs that are better set up to pull it off than duke.

IDK why you say Duke, they haven't won the ACC in many years, but UVA has been dominating it. UNC is always a highly talented AND older team. RW keeps 5* players longer than anyone else and that is a recipe for success for the program (not the players though).

So now you're diminishing Kentucky's own success with young teams in the SEC? All righty.

The point is that youth is a lame excuse when you're talking about talents like Embiid/Wiggins or Wall/Cousins/Davis/etc.

Why Duke? I mean, I don't know, dude....maybe because, for the 50th time, we're talking about a specific time frame. And Duke has been good every year during that timeframe, while Virginia has not.

UNC had an NIT team in that span, plus a few low seeds.

So now you're diminishing Kentucky's own success with young teams in the SEC? All righty.

The point is that youth is a lame excuse when you're talking about talents like Embiid/Wiggins or Wall/Cousins/Davis/etc.

Why Duke? I mean, I don't know, dude....maybe because, for the 50th time, we're talking about a specific time frame. And Duke has been good every year during that timeframe, while Virginia has not.

UNC had an NIT team in that span, plus a few low seeds.
Have a great day.

Reactions: oldsports_
I just think the league lacks good coaches and big time programs. When Iowa St is your second strongest program, it's not a good league.

Oooof. Bad take.

Bill Self
Bob Huggins
Lon Kruger

Those 3 are all already HOF or virtual locks for HOF.

The other coaches in the league are very solid and experienced with the exception of Shaka Smart, I think he needs to go.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Is the Big 10 ever going to

A) make the playoff again or
B) score a point in said playoff again

No you can't. Tennessee and Auburn won the league last year. LSU won the league this year. Auburn won the tournament this year.

There are 4 programs that are extremely hot right now. LSU is going to take a fall, but UK, UT, Florida and Auburn are going to have sustainable success.
You are literally impossible to discuss things with. How does LSU, Tennessee and Auburn suddenly being good teams this past year exonerate them from being considered meh programs at best since 2000 like I inferred they were along with every other SEC team not named Kentucky or Florida?

No, they were lucky. You don’t lose 10 games in the regular season and then make the title game without being lucky. They just weren’t that good but they did get hot at the right time. Like I said before, Kansas was extremely lucky in 1988. That team wasn’t very good even if they are national champions.

ADVERTISEMENT