ADVERTISEMENT

big12

And yet, the Big 10 and SEC each have one consistently elite program. Which is exactly what they knock the Big 12 for. Laughing

Oh, but S Carolina made a fluke final four once and Florida had some good years under a different coach. Cool, dude.
The B12 can't hold a candle to the SEC when it comes to tournament success. LSU, South Carolina, Florida and UK have all been to final fours recently and the SEC has more title winning programs.

The B12 gets really good seeds every year, yet falls on it's face every time.

Oh, so you don't like it when the tables are turned huh?

Here's one for you: I heard a rumour that any team not in the B12 can win it 14 years in a row.

Hey, it's an internet rumor, so it must be true .

I figured it was impossible for you.

Let me give you a hint....Kentucky ain’t on that list. Duke is the only program with enough consistency over that period to have a shot. Kentucky had multiple NIT teams and several low seeds in the tourney during that span.

Therefore, it doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that something that could’ve only MAYBE been accomplished by one other program is a pretty good accomplishment.

The B12 can't hold a candle to the SEC when it comes to tournament success. LSU, South Carolina, Florida and UK have all been to final fours recently and the SEC has more title winning programs.

Do you have the stats for overall tourney wins? And how has the SEC fared in the Big 12/SEC challenge btw? You’d think you’d show at least a little respect to your perennial daddy.

And yet, the Big 10 and SEC each have one consistently elite program. Which is exactly what they knock the Big 12 for. Laughing

Oh, but S Carolina made a fluke final four once and Florida had some good years under a different coach. Cool, dude.

Yup I only think of Kentucky in the SEC. Big 12 is 4-1-1 in the Big12/SEC challenge and 35-25 overall.

Before that 2-1-1 in the Big12/Pac-10 challenge and 28-20 overall.

Look I liked played Duke in NYC. If any schools want to schedule us I'm down. Big 10, ACC, SEC, Pac-12, Big East, etc.

I figured it was impossible for you.

Let me give you a hint....Kentucky ain’t on that list. Duke is the only program with enough consistency over that period to have a shot. Kentucky had multiple NIT teams and several low seeds in the tourney during that span.

Therefore, it doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that something that could’ve only MAYBE been accomplished by one other program is a pretty good accomplishment.
Kentucky had 1 NIT team.

But go back to my post, I said UK was not as likely to do what KU did because their always so young.

But I have a question for you, you make these statements constantly, like there is legit proof out there.

How in the world would you KNOW how any other program would do against B12 competition in league play? You act like you know.

Newsflash, if KU can do it, so can someone else.

What has KU accomplished outside the B12 that is so special? That's really the only evidence we have.

KU has been upset by multiple mid major programs in the NCAAT. I count 3. If a mid major program can take KU out in the tournament after they just dominated the B12, what does that tell you?

Do you have the stats for overall tourney wins? And how has the SEC fared in the Big 12/SEC challenge btw? You’d think you’d show at least a little respect to your perennial daddy.
So one game head to head in the B12 challenge indicates how a team would perform in an entire league slate?

Are you even qualified to debate? Is your dad home? Maybe I should talk to him?

Do you want to compare overall NCAAT wins between Calipari (at UK) and Self?

How many mid majors has Cal lost to in the NCAAT while at UK? How many has Self had during KU's 14 year B12 title run? Bucknell ring a bell? Northern Iowa? Wichita State?

It's telling how KU can stroke the B12, then turn around and lose you mid majors in the tournament.

Did they fall on their faces last year? Have they really fallen on their faces this year? Everyone expected KU to lose to Auburn, and K-State minus Wade to lose either in the first or 2nd round. Was Baylor supposed to beat Gonzaga? Iowa St lost a close one to a traditionally good program with a similar record. Not a gigantic shock.

The year that the Big 12 truly fell on their faces had a lot to do with injuries to Embiid and ISU’s best player.

I don't recall falling flat on our face last year. We had 3 teams in the Elite 8. 1 KU, 3 TTU, and 9 KSU.

KU likes being a medium fish in a puddle. They couldn’t stand being the 2nd best all time program in a conference.
Well I don’t see them ever going to the SEC, PAC or ACC so we don’t have to worry about that ever happening. Winking

Did they fall on their faces last year? Have they really fallen on their faces this year? Everyone expected KU to lose to Auburn, and K-State minus Wade to lose either in the first or 2nd round. Was Baylor supposed to beat Gonzaga? Iowa St lost a close one to a traditionally good program with a similar record. Not a gigantic shock.

The year that the Big 12 truly fell on their faces had a lot to do with injuries to Embiid and ISU’s best player.
Dude, Kansas State won the league and lost to a freaking 13 seed. UK beat a top 20 team without their best player and UK didn't even win "that weak ass SEC".

Kansas won the B12 tournament and just got deep dicked by the SEC's 5th place team.

Iowa State lost to Ohio State, who was an 11 seed and was on the bubble at one point.

Yes, the B12 fell flat on it's face.

Even if it didn't, you're talking about 1 season out of 15.

What about all those early KU exits to mid majors? Are you going to address that?

I don't recall falling flat on our face last year. We had 3 teams in the Elite 8. 1 KU, 3 TTU, and 9 KSU.
So 1 year out of the 14 we're talking about? Got it.

Actually, Oklahoma was in the FF in 2016, so you can count that one too.

What other years out of the 14 did anyone in that league, not named Kansas, do anything in the tournament?

. Two questions. Would Kansas have won 14 straight in any other conference:No. Would Uk, duke, Unc have won the big 12 14 times in a row during that stretch : No
Keep on thinking that. That’s delusion at its best. Kansas is the only good program in that conference. Duke, UNC and UK could all have had the streak.

Michigan St? Nah, we’re still above them.
How----Why-----And huh? I just posted this....but I'll do so again.

Since 2000:

MSU: 1 National title....6 Final FOurs....8 Elite 8's
KU: 1 title.....................5 Final Fours....10 Elite 8's.

How are you above them?

Reactions: kyjeff1

Since 2000:

How are you above them?
2000-2019 isn’t all time history of CBB

Kansas wouldn’t have had nearly the same success over the past 14 years if they were in the B1G for example. IMO, they wouldn’t have even come close to 14 conference championships over that time period. Too many good teams year in year out in the conference.

Kansas wouldn’t have had nearly the same success over the past 14 years if they were in the B1G for example. IMO, they wouldn’t have even come close to 14 conference championships over that time period. Too many good teams year in year out in the conference.
I agree. We’ve established that on this board. I doubt they would’ve won any other major conference from 2005-2018. I still do think they could have, and probably would have, won each conference more than any other team. They’ve had some really good teams over that timeframe.

Ohhhh....The all-time thingy....Gotcha. Laughing
It’s certainly debatable between MSU and KU since 2000. I think they’re actually pretty much as even as you can get.

All time though you guys have Indiana. Kansas is light years ahead of them in everything except titles. If you think that gives Indiana then edge all time then you should also believe that UCLA is the GOAT.

It’s certainly debatable between MSU and KU since 2000. I think they’re actually pretty much as even as you can get.

All time though you guys have Indiana. Kansas is light years ahead of them in everything except titles. If you think that gives Indiana then edge all time then you should also believe that UCLA is the GOAT.
I don't IU is ahead of KU. I've never said as such. I do though think historically the Big 10 is better----And it ain't close. With that being said, I thought we were talking in terms of recently, i.e. 10 years...20 yers....Whatever.

I don't IU is ahead of KU. I've never said as such. I do though think historically the Big 10 is better----And it ain't close. With that being said, I thought we were talking in terms of recently, i.e. 10 years...20 yers....Whatever.
The Big 10 is light years ahead of the Big 12 over any timeframe.

If it was 4 vs 5 I’d agree but the fact that Kansas didn’t get their third until well into the 2000s makes it highly questionable.

Dang, what's with the Big12 hate. Didn't they have 3 teams in the elite 8 last year? They've actually been improving the last few years as far as tournament success goes. This year appears to be a flop, but everyone knew the big 12 was down this year. Tech has yet to play today and has a chance to make the elite 8.

Dude, Kansas State won the league and lost to a freaking 13 seed. UK beat a top 20 team without their best player and UK didn't even win "that weak ass SEC".

Kansas won the B12 tournament and just got deep dicked by the SEC's 5th place team.

Iowa State lost to Ohio State, who was an 11 seed and was on the bubble at one point.

Yes, the B12 fell flat on it's face.

Even if it didn't, you're talking about 1 season out of 15.

What about all those early KU exits to mid majors? Are you going to address that?

First off, KU didn’t win the Big 12 tourney. 2nd, Wade was everything to K-State. I know they didn’t need him to beat Kentucky last year, but he was important.

As for early upsets, I’d say a great season that ends with an off night is more impressive than going to the NIT twice and fielding an 11 seed and three 8 seeds over that span. But that’s just me.

Kentucky had 1 NIT team.

But go back to my post, I said UK was not as likely to do what KU did because their always so young.

But I have a question for you, you make these statements constantly, like there is legit proof out there.

How in the world would you KNOW how any other program would do against B12 competition in league play? You act like you know.

Newsflash, if KU can do it, so can someone else.

What has KU accomplished outside the B12 that is so special? That's really the only evidence we have.

KU has been upset by multiple mid major programs in the NCAAT. I count 3. If a mid major program can take KU out in the tournament after they just dominated the B12, what does that tell you?

Do you want to know why no one but Duke would have had a shot? Because everyone else had NIT teams, double digit seeds or even losing records in that span. That's called logic. I know you're not very familiar with it.

Since 2000:

How are you above them?

MSU hasn't even been better in your arbitrary timeframe. I think you answered your own question. LOL.

So 1 year out of the 14 we're talking about? Got it.

Actually, Oklahoma was in the FF in 2016, so you can count that one too.

What other years out of the 14 did anyone in that league, not named Kansas, do anything in the tournament?

TTU - Elite 8 2018, KSU - Elite 8 2018 & 2010, Baylor - Elite 8 2012 & 2010, OU - Elite 8 2009, UT - Elite 8 2008 & 2006 plus Final Four 2003, Missouri - Elite 8 2009 & 2002, Oklahoma St - Elite 8 2000 & Final Four 2004.

What made South Carolina better? Hiring KSU coach Frank Martin. What made Tennessee better hiring former UT coach Rick Barnes.

Last edited:
So one game head to head in the B12 challenge indicates how a team would perform in an entire league slate?

Are you even qualified to debate? Is your dad home? Maybe I should talk to him?

Do you want to compare overall NCAAT wins between Calipari (at UK) and Self?

How many mid majors has Cal lost to in the NCAAT while at UK? How many has Self had during KU's 14 year B12 title run? Bucknell ring a bell? Northern Iowa? Wichita State?

It's telling how KU can stroke the B12, then turn around and lose you mid majors in the tournament.

You should really quit trying to be funny. It's embarrassing.

Interesting that the Big 12/SEC challenge results are no indicator of how a team would perform over a conference slate, yet tourney results are.

You probably think UMBC could win the ACC. RollLaugh

KSU - Elite 8 2010, OU - Elite 8 2009, UT - Elite 8 2008...

What made South Carolina better? Hiring KSU coach Frank Martin. What made Tennessee better hiring former UT coach Rick Barnes.
Missouri and Baylor both made Elite 8’s around that time. OSU made the Final Four in 2005. There’s been quite a few different Big 12 schools make some noise in the NCAA tournament in the past 15 years. They just can’t ever get over that hump into the Final Four. But honestly, there’s not much difference between a Final Four team and an Elite 8 team. Apparently there’s a huge difference if you’re comparing conferences years down the line but the reality is that they’re both about on the same level.

MSU hasn't even been better in your arbitrary timeframe. I think you answered your own question. LOL.
LOL......Same titles....More final Fours....2 less 8 Elite 8's.

Yeah---Kansas is smoking MSU. Fvcking moron.

BTW, how'd that history help ya last night?

Reactions: kyjeff1
LOL......Same titles....More final Fours....2 less 8 Elite 8's.

Yeah---Kansas is smoking MSU. Fvcking moron.

BTW, how'd that history help ya last night?

Can you read? Where did I say "Kansas is smoking MSU?"

How's your history helped you for the last 2 or 3 decades? Try acting your age, nimrod.

ADVERTISEMENT