ADVERTISEMENT

big12

No, they were lucky. You don’t lose 10 games in the regular season and then make the title game without being lucky. They just weren’t that good but they did get hot at the right time. Like I said before, Kansas was extremely lucky in 1988. That team wasn’t very good even if they are national champions.
LOL, so UK got lucky in 4 straight NCAAT games against higher seeded teams???

Do you realize how dumb that sounds? You act like each game was just a lucky Aaron Harrison made three pointers and that's it.

UK was the tougher team in each game and made the plays they needed to make to win those games.

You don't luck your way all the way to the title game.

I get it, you hate UK, but that's just a stupid statement.

Have a good evening.

The B1G is great at getting lots of teams in and doing well, and then never winning a title. Longest drought of all P6’s

Is the Big 10 ever going to

A) make the playoff again or
B) score a point in said playoff again

No one’s surprised to see a Kansas st fan ride coattails.

Ditto to an IU fan. Funny you say that’s bc I’m struggling to see what IU has done lately in any sport????!!

This decade we’ve won the Big 12 in all 3 major sports, basketball twice (13/19).

2 elite 8’s (10, 18)
3-4 bowl wins (10, 13, 16, 17)

We are carrying our weight for a school in the middle of kansas.

Ditto to an IU fan. Funny you say that’s bc I’m struggling to see what IU has done lately in any sport????!!

This decade we’ve won the Big 12 in all 3 major sports, basketball twice (13/19).

2 elite 8’s (10, 18)
3-4 bowl wins (10, 13, 16, 17)

We are carrying our weight for a school in the middle of kansas.

In other words you’ve won nothing of substance. Not surprised you’re proud of a few median accomplishments.

LOL, so UK got lucky in 4 straight NCAAT games against higher seeded teams???

Do you realize how dumb that sounds? You act like each game was just a lucky Aaron Harrison made three pointers and that's it.

UK was the tougher team in each game and made the plays they needed to make to win those games.

You don't luck your way all the way to the title game.

I get it, you hate UK, but that's just a stupid statement.

Have a good evening.
It’s not dumb. Kentucky wasn’t very good in 2014. They got hot at the right time. Things went their way. Players figured it all out. That’s a whole lot of luck in my book.

It’s not dumb. Kentucky wasn’t very good in 2014. They got hot at the right time. Things went their way. Players figured it all out. That’s a whole lot of luck in my book.
They got lucky that they figured things out at the right time, but the talent was top 5. Heck, they were pre season #1. They had their struggles, but figured it out.

Agree to disagree, but you don't just luckily win 5 games in the NCAAT.

So 1 year out of the 14 we're talking about? Got it.

Actually, Oklahoma was in the FF in 2016, so you can count that one too.

What other years out of the 14 did anyone in that league, not named Kansas, do anything in the tournament?

TTU - Elite 8 2018, KSU - Elite 8 2018 & 2010, Baylor - Elite 8 2012 & 2010, OU - Elite 8 2009, UT - Elite 8 2008 & 2006 plus Final Four 2003, Missouri - Elite 8 2009 & 2002, Oklahoma St - Elite 8 2000 & Final Four 2004.

What made South Carolina better? Hiring KSU coach Frank Martin. What made Tennessee better hiring former UT coach Rick Barnes.

Uh how about

OU - final fours 2002 and 2016

He
Ain’t leaving

giphy.gif

To get the hell out of Lubbock ASAP of course.

When he was hired:

"It's like when Bear Bryant left Texas A&M for Alabama," Chris Beard said Saturday at a campus news conference. "He said, 'When momma calls, you've gotta go home.' Texas Tech is my momma and I'm home. I'm so glad to be here."

It's not like Lubbock is some awful place like Bloomington, Indiana.

When he was hired:

"It's like when Bear Bryant left Texas A&M for Alabama," Chris Beard said Saturday at a campus news conference. "He said, 'When momma calls, you've gotta go home.' Texas Tech is my momma and I'm home. I'm so glad to be here."

You sound special

He gets paid 3 plus million per year, we just broke ground on what will arguably be a top five practice facility in the nation, have one of the nicest arenas to play in, is proving that he can win at Tech. His daughters live in Abilene-just down the road from Lubbock and he loves it there. You dont spend almost 15 years in a city and decide you dont like it. Oh, re his salary- thats likely to go up again after this run. He isnt going anywhere.

Reactions: KStateFootball82
#QBU is shitting on people

Hope you make the final four. Sorry the big 12 crapped our pants this year. Can’t have 3/8 of the Elite 8 every year tho like last year.

WVU being down, KU imploding mid season, us losing Dean, et al, just was a weird year for everyone except Tech.

Next year will be a better tourney outcome with all thats coming back.

When he was hired:

You sound special

And why is Mr irrelevance (aka Indiana aka the Nebraska football of b-ball) still on here? You’ve done nothing in 20 years. Go home and enjoy the NIT.

He gets paid 3 plus million per year, we just broke ground on what will arguably be a top five practice facility in the nation, have one of the nicest arenas to play in, is proving that he can win at Tech. His daughters live in Abilene-just down the road from Lubbock and he loves it there. You dont spend almost 15 years in a city and decide you dont like it. Oh, re his salary- thats likely to go up again after this run. He isnt going anywhere.

He's gone. Its why TT has ran through a dozen coaches in the past decade alone.

And why is Mr irrelevance (aka Indiana aka the Nebraska football of b-ball) still on here? You’ve done nothing in 20 years. Go home and enjoy the NIT.

You've only been out of the first weekend twice in 30+ years, that's pathetic. Shut your Bruce Weber coaching ass pie hole.

Ran through a dozen coaches in the past decade? What?

Bob Knight: 2001-2008
Pat Knight: 2008-2011
Billy Gillispie: 2011-2012
Tubby Smith: 2013-2016
Chris Beard: 2016-Present

You are not very good at this.

Last edited:
No inside source but I think it could be different this time. He really talks up this area like he’s not going to leave it for anything.

Fingers crossed that KU is able to poach him though if anything happens to Self.

Christ Beard: 2016-Present

Hrmm for some reason i thought Texas Tech had been getting to final fours and elite eights and getting their successful coaches poached...

Christ Beard: 2016-Present

Wow, you guys think a lot of Chris Beard if you've already nicknamed him Christ. Wow. RollLaugh

Wow, you guys think a lot of Chris Beard if you've already nicknamed him Christ. Wow. RollLaugh
He’s had a pretty remarkable career if you look at what’s he done in a short amount of time at each place he’s coached. What he’s done with Tech is like somebody coming into UK or KU football and turning them into 10 win teams in just a couple of seasons. For a program like Tech he’s literally the absolute best they could have done. The fact that he considers it his true home means that they could potentially be a legit powerhouse in the sport for years to come. You gotta think at this point he’s proven himself enough to be considered a front runner to replace Roy, K or Boeheim when they retire. I hope he doesn’t go anywhere. The Big 12 really needed somebody like him to come along.

He’s had a pretty remarkable career if you look at what’s he done in a short amount of time at each place he’s coached. What he’s done with Tech is like somebody coming into UK or KU football and turning them into 10 win teams in just a couple of seasons. For a program like Tech he’s literally the absolute best they could have done. The fact that he considers it his true home means that they could potentially be a legit powerhouse in the sport for years to come. You gotta think at this point he’s proven himself enough to be considered a front runner to replace Roy, K or Boeheim when they retire. I hope he doesn’t go anywhere. The Big 12 really needed somebody like him to come along.

You all heard anything about Self leaving?

ADVERTISEMENT