ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 vs SEC challenge thread

KStateFootball82

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2017
Coming up! This Saturday

SEC has two in a row on the Big 12. Big 12 leads series 4-3-2 in 9 seasons.

Always my 2nd favorite Saturday of the bball season next to opening march madness Saturday …..

Reactions: KisteK and rdgtr
Coming up! This Saturday

Always my 2nd favorite Saturday of the bball season next to opening march madness Saturday …..
This year, Florida plays at #13 Kansas St.
KSU will be a tough game for the Gators.
I believe you guys are undefeated at home.

btw, Florida honored former Kansas St player and the former coach of both universities , Lon Kruger, last week. Kruger was also inducted into the college basketball hall of fame.

This year, Florida plays at #13 Kansas St.
KSU will be a tough game for the Gators.
I believe you guys are undefeated at home.

btw, Florida honored former Kansas St player and the former coach of both universities , Lon Kruger, last week. Kruger was also inducted into the college basketball hall of fame.

So cool. Lonnie is loved in manhattan. Great man and glad he did well for you guys.

Lot going on with this game. Don’t forget about Keyonte Johnson. Your former star, now our star. Amazing story. Great kid.

Will be a helluva game.

• Love
Reactions: KisteK and rdgtr
Coming up! This Saturday

It's next Saturday the 28th.

When does it end? Hopefully not for a while. It’s been great.

This is the last year.

Big12.png

SEC.png

Florida is playing much better ball, but Kstate should give us a nice thrashing. Wouldn't even be too mad bc KState is officially my #2 team this season. They look very legit. I'll root for KJ till the end.
Thx man. Will be awkward for our man out there I’m sure. We love him. He’s the BMOC in manhattan.

Best of luck!

Thx man. Will be awkward for our man out there I’m sure. We love him. He’s the BMOC in manhattan.

Best of luck!
Have to give K State kudos after knocking off Rock Chalk. Big win, you guys may be good.

Only a week away, who wins these matchups?

Auburn vs WVa
bammers
vs OU
Iowa St vs Mizzou
TCU vs Miss ST
ARKY vs Baylor
Texas vs Tennessee
Florida vs K State
Kansas
vs Kentucky
Tex Tech vs LSU
Ole Miss vs Okie St

Only a week away, who wins these matchups?

Auburn vs WVa
bammers
vs OU
Iowa St vs Mizzou
TCU vs Miss ST
ARKY vs Baylor
Texas vs Tennessee
Florida vs K State
Kansas
vs Kentucky
Tex Tech vs LSU
Ole Miss vs Okie St

Auburn
Bama
Iowa St
Tcu
Baylor
Tennessee
K St
Kentucky
TX Tech
OK St

B12 wins 6-4

Since I picked these games look for the exact opposite to happen.

Yeah, this is a fun event and I'm going to miss it when it's gone.
Do you think the physicality of the SEC helps or hurts SEC in this matchup?

SEC is used to playing physically. Do neutral refs play a part? I'm kind of expecting an FT contest.
I hope they let them play and then in the NCAA as well.
It'd stink to play all conference long one way and then find out we can't play that way.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Florida is playing much better ball, but Kstate should give us a nice thrashing. Wouldn't even be too mad bc KState is officially my #2 team this season. They look very legit. I'll root for KJ till the end.
Don't think K-state is as good as their ranking kudos to them and their record. One game doesn't make a stat but they bare beat LSU who actually tied them for overtime and the refs said clock didn't start and gave KS the win. These other top SEC teams are killing LSU . Just my opinion of course but wouldn't be surprised to see UF take them down to the wire .

Auburn
Bama
Iowa St
Tcu
Baylor
Tennessee
K St
Kentucky
TX Tech
OK St

B12 wins 6-4

Since I picked these games look for the exact opposite to happen.
@WV is going to be a tough matchup for Auburn. I think they can get it done defensively, but offensively they’re going to have to draw fouls and get to the foul line…but our FT percentage hasn’t been great this year either. I predict a low scoring game.

Reactions: KisteK and olsonab
Don't think K-state is as good as their ranking kudos to them and their record. One game doesn't make a stat but they bare beat LSU who actually tied them for overtime and the refs said clock didn't start and gave KS the win. These other top SEC teams are killing LSU . Just my opinion of course but wouldn't be surprised to see UF take them down to the wire .

If that’s your logic, don’t forget that 5-1 A&M got annihilated by Colorado, Wofford, Boise St, Murray St and Memphis.

• Wow
Reactions: KisteK
I think Big 12 wins it this year, 6-4.
unfortunately, I think you are correct.
I do think the coaching upgrades in the last few years has really helped some SEC teams become much more competitive but as a whole we aren't there yet.

Reactions: cdbearde
unfortunately, I think you are correct.
I do think the coaching upgrades in the last few years has really helped some SEC teams become much more competitive but as a whole we aren't there yet.
Player injuries will also play a part.

Reactions: winin11
Do you think the physicality of the SEC helps or hurts SEC in this matchup?

SEC is used to playing physically. Do neutral refs play a part? I'm kind of expecting an FT contest.
I hope they let them play and then in the NCAA as well.
It'd stink to play all conference long one way and then find out we can't play that way.
The SEC refs hurts the SEC teams when they get to the NCAA.

Some of the stuff below in "tongue in cheek" but it is a fact:

Certain SEC teams can get away with murder in conference play. Depending on what team they play on. Then when they get to a game where the SEC crooks can't take care of them they fall apart. That is one big reason that Tennessee has never gotten very far in the NCAA. They and similar teams get used to being protected and then when the protection leaves they are left to play a game that they don't understand and they fall apart.

In the Texas A&M versus Kentucky game yesterday, Texas A&M's Marble held Tshiebwe's arm with both hands. Tshiebwe reacted and Doug Shows after a review of several minutes where he had to see Marble holding Tshiebwe back with both hands put the T on Tshiebwe. Why? (Hint: Doug Shows is a Georgia official who lives in the Athens, GA area). He hates UK.

The T should have been on Marble, but Doug Shows is a crook. Yet Doug Shows does about 20% of Kentucky games. Why? It happens all the time.

I am going to be called a fool, stupid et.al. but I have 65 years of experience in SEC officiating.

SEC officiating is the worst that there is. The NCAA was supposed to change it by doing regional officiating, yet the SEC teams get the same officials. They just shipped some of the worst to the ACC so they could keep their word.

Certain SEC teams can get away with murder in conference play. Depending on what team they play on. Then when they get to a game where the SEC crooks can't take care of them they fall apart. That is one big reason that Tennessee has never gotten very far in the NCAA. They and similar teams get used to being protected and then when the protection leaves they are left to play a game that they don't understand and they fall apart.

In the Texas A&M versus Kentucky game yesterday, Texas A&M's Marble held Tshiebwe's arm with both hands. Tshiebwe reacted and Doug Shows after a review of several minutes where he had to see Marble holding Tshiebwe back with both hands put the T on Tshiebwe. Why? (Hint: Doug Shows is a Georgia official who lives in the Athens, GA area). He hates UK.

The T should have been on Marble, but Doug Shows is a crook. Yet Doug Shows does about 20% of Kentucky games. Why? It happens all the time.

I am going to be called a fool, stupid et.al. but I have 65 years of experience in SEC officiating.

SEC officiating is the worst that there is. The NCAA was supposed to change it by doing regional officiating, yet the SEC teams get the same officials. They just shipped some of the worst to the ACC so they could keep their word.
You young man you will be called out in a short while, but a lot of truth to what you say. But you have to also look at the coaches, like Calipari yelling all the time at the refs, if I was one I would not like the dude. Would you?
I mean do you respect crybabies? Who knows, we all have different opinions!

You young man you will be called out in a short while, but a lot of truth to what you say. But you have to also look at the coaches, like Calipari yelling all the time at the refs, if I was one I would not like the dude. Would you?
I mean do you respect crybabies? Who knows, we all have different opinions!
How true. Plus when he stays on the court I would call three T's a game on him.

Reactions: cdbearde
How true. Plus when he stays on the court I would call three T's a game on him.
Dang Bert, I messed up, missed it was you. 🤣
But I stand behind what I said, but the funny part that I am responding to is I called you Youngman. You are older than me. 💪 🤣🤣
I love it. 🤣

• Haha

Shows should not be a basketball official in any capacity. He is the worst SEC official I have ever seen.

I thought I remembered that starting in 2023/2024 That the SEC vs the ACC Challenge would start, and (here is where my memory fails me) I thought the Big 12 and the PAC 12 would have a challenge... or was it the BiG 10 or Big East, I do not remember that part.

Vanderbilt and South Carolina aren’t playing, not a very good gauge of conference strength. At least one of them should be playing.

Vanderbilt and South Carolina aren’t playing, not a very good gauge of conference strength. At least one of them should be playing.
Why? Auburn didn't play recently in a year they were highly ranked. No one cried about that.

However, why are we even discussing this? I know you'll be right there with me chanting SEC, SEC, SEC!

Why? Auburn didn't play recently in a year they were highly ranked. No one cried about that.

However, why are we even discussing this? I know you'll be right there with me chanting SEC, SEC, SEC!
I’m not crying, but those are easily the worst two teams in either conference. You’ve become very sensitive since you’ve become an SEC fan and not just Tennessee.

I’m not crying, but those are easily the worst two teams in either conference. You’ve become very sensitive since you’ve become an SEC fan and not just Tennessee.
You're the sensitive one. I was just trying to joke around with my ole friend.

Reactions: rockycard
ADVERTISEMENT