ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 vs SEC challenge thread

I think Auburn West Virginia could go either way, and I highly doubt Tech wins without Isaacs.

West Virginia
Alabama
Iowa St
TCU
Baylor
Tennessee
Kansas State
Kentucky
LSU
Oklahoma St

Auburn hasn't played much of anyone IIRC. They're kind of a paper tiger. Always tough to win in Morgantown.

Only a week away, who wins these matchups?

Auburn vs WVa
bammers
vs OU
Iowa St vs Mizzou
TCU vs Miss ST
ARKY vs Baylor
Texas vs Tennessee
Florida vs K State
Kansas
vs Kentucky
Tex Tech vs LSU
Ole Miss vs Okie St
Winning this would require winning on the road. 2 of the big 12's worst teams are hosting, giving the SEC a decent chance at winning on the road.

Bama wins at ou, TCU wins at msu, and isu wins at mizzou. Home teams win the rest.

Big 12 6-4.

Winning this would require winning on the road. 2 of the big 12's worst teams are hosting, giving the SEC a decent chance at winning on the road.

Bama wins at ou, TCU wins at msu, and isu wins at mizzou. Home teams win the rest.

Big 12 6-4.
You never know. I'm just hoping the Vols win.

Vanderbilt and South Carolina aren’t playing, not a very good gauge of conference strength. At least one of them should be playing.
These two, along with uga and miss st have played in less than half the big challenges, while UF has played in them all, UK, tenn, and arkie have played in 8. It's obviously not random.

Don't know why they picked Ole Miss to be the sacrificial lambs (1-6).

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
These two, along with uga and miss st have played in less than half the big challenges, while UF has played in them all, UK, tenn, and arkie have played in 8. It's obviously not random.

Don't know why they picked Ole Miss to be the sacrificial lambs (1-6).
aTm is upper tier of the conference, but they aren't playing either.

Vanderbilt and South Carolina aren’t playing, not a very good gauge of conference strength. At least one of them should be playing.
That’s alright, a couple years ago, Auburn was excluded from the challenge. I believe it was their FF team.

In fact, they were left out 2 years in a row.

The SEC refs hurts the SEC teams when they get to the NCAA.

Some of the stuff below in "tongue in cheek" but it is a fact:

Certain SEC teams can get away with murder in conference play. Depending on what team they play on. Then when they get to a game where the SEC crooks can't take care of them they fall apart. That is one big reason that Tennessee has never gotten very far in the NCAA. They and similar teams get used to being protected and then when the protection leaves they are left to play a game that they don't understand and they fall apart.

In the Texas A&M versus Kentucky game yesterday, Texas A&M's Marble held Tshiebwe's arm with both hands. Tshiebwe reacted and Doug Shows after a review of several minutes where he had to see Marble holding Tshiebwe back with both hands put the T on Tshiebwe. Why? (Hint: Doug Shows is a Georgia official who lives in the Athens, GA area). He hates UK.

The T should have been on Marble, but Doug Shows is a crook. Yet Doug Shows does about 20% of Kentucky games. Why? It happens all the time.

I am going to be called a fool, stupid et.al. but I have 65 years of experience in SEC officiating.

SEC officiating is the worst that there is. The NCAA was supposed to change it by doing regional officiating, yet the SEC teams get the same officials. They just shipped some of the worst to the ACC so they could keep their word.
A&M straight up fouls every player driving to the paint. No joke they foul every time lmao. Refs just feel weird about how the disparity will look.

Last edited:
  • Love
A quantity over quality guy, eh?
bet-you-bet.gif

fvck Oklahoma! and the conference it came from....🏀

Talking time is over in 45 minutes......let's go underdog SEC!

Auburn is supposed to be one of the best teams in the SEC? 🤭

This is like turning the difficulty down to rookie mode on a video game.

Big 12 hoops... it just means more.

Reactions: KisteK
Iowa State sitting Grill today which is what we were hoping to see. Completely meaningless game for ISU @ Missouri today. Means much more to the Tigers, and I expect them to win.

Auburn is supposed to be one of the best teams in the SEC? 🤭

This is like turning the difficulty down to rookie mode on a video game.

Big 12 hoops... it just means more.
Auburn is definitely not one of the best teams in the SEC, they've just been hiding behind an extremely weak schedule. Take a look at what's ahead fof them.

Auburn is definitely not one of the best teams in the SEC, they've just been hiding behind an extremely weak schedule. Take a look at what's ahead fof them.
Kentucky isn’t the one of the best either. The SEc really just has one great team

Iowa State sitting Grill today which is what we were hoping to see. Completely meaningless game for ISU @ Missouri today. Means much more to the Tigers, and I expect them to win.
Wait, ISU is sitting someone and you think thats a good thing?

Kentucky isn’t the one of the best either. The SEc really just has one great team
Well, that's false. They got off to a bad start, but if you think UK doesn't have the goods to compete with the top of the SEC right now, you're not paying attention. In fact, UK already showed it in Knoxville.

ADVERTISEMENT