ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

Big XII Tournament Title
..or rest before the NCAAT?

This year feels so wide open.

The last couple weeks it’s been Jalen Wilson and nobody else. Wilson has been hot but everybody else has been cold. Last night vs Texas Wilson was cold and everybody else was hot(except McCullar).

Honestly could map out any 2 weeks stretch for the B12 and it would look like that above the rest of college basketball. The B12 will have all these teams ready for the tournament as their matchup there in most cases won’t be as tough as the B12 games they played.

I am your Dad
I'm old enough to remember when everybewb picked #5 Iowa to best #1 Kansas in the 2022 NCAAT Midwest bracket.

.. I can even remember what happened next.

Good times, great laughs.. 2022!!!!

I'm old enough to remember when everybewb picked #5 Iowa to best #1 Kansas in the 2022 NCAAT Midwest bracket.

.. I can even remember what happened next.

Good times, great laughs.. 2022!!!!

We would have destroyed KU. We got screwed on out travel and venue. The NCAA was trying to protect you

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Kansas's Dad is about to steal one on the road vs WV

The Office Lie GIF

I love the idea of playing in Des Moines, but not on the 8/9 line.

Hopefully we get an 11 or 7.

We suck right now
You were picked last in the league, yet find yourself in the middle of the pack in a very good league. Everything is gravy right now in Tang's first year. You've already exceeded expectations. Just take the positives like a KU football fan. Do you think I was upset that KU lost 6 of their last 7 football games? Nah. I saw the fact that we turned the program around, were ahead of schedule, and exceeded expectations. Everything was gravy. Would have liked to have won more, but couldn't expect more than that. Tang's first year is already a success.

KU team settling into what they truly are which is a 4-seed at best. Really just over this team this year. Similar to 2019 team. The talent just isn’t there. Shame Jalen’s great season is being wasted. But hey coming off a National Title I’m ok with a 1st weekend loss.
Haha dude they have 11 quad 1 wins.. get a grip this is a FF team..

Honestly could map out any 2 weeks stretch for the B12 and it would look like that above the rest of college basketball. The B12 will have all these teams ready for the tournament as their matchup there in most cases won’t be as tough as the B12 games they played.
Or they'll be worn down. I bet you'll see the top teams 'throw' their tourney games. Let some of the lower ranked teams build resumes, and get rested.

All ten teams would make the tourney out of the pac or acc.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
You were picked last in the league, yet find yourself in the middle of the pack in a very good league. Everything is gravy right now in Tang's first year. You've already exceeded expectations. Just take the positives like a KU football fan. Do you think I was upset that KU lost 6 of their last 7 football games? Nah. I saw the fact that we turned the program around, were ahead of schedule, and exceeded expectations. Everything was gravy. Would have liked to have won more, but couldn't expect more than that. Tang's first year is already a success.
A Keyonte George isn't going to fall into their lap every year.

A Keyonte George isn't going to fall into their lap every year.
No, but I do think Tang can attract talent. KState has a very good 1-2 punch, but not much after that. They'd likely be a better team with 5 above average players rather than 2 really good players and several average to below average players. Given time, I see no reason why he can't put together a competitive roster most years.

Every time we play Baylor they’re hot. Hitting buzzer beating threes from 15 feet behind the line. They don’t even run good offense they just play hero ball and hit bad shots. Then you watch them the next game and they’re missing wide open shots.

Right now Baylor is hitting everything they put up, hand in face. I feel like they could hit from half court right now. KU meanwhile can’t hit the broad side of a barn. All of our shots have been wide open shots and all clankers. The looks KU is getting are way better than the looks Baylor is getting yet we’re down 7. Basketball is weird like that. So much is left to luck.

I just heard Shulman say Baylor's three guards have scored all 33 of their points. I thought, that can't be right so I looked. He was right. That's pretty crazy.

Reactions: KisteK
I just heard Shulman say Baylor's three guards have scored all 33 of their points. I thought, that can't be right so I looked. He was right. That's pretty crazy.
They’re taking bad shots too. They’re just hitting them. It’s ridiculous. Nobody would be beating them right now. I’ve not seen anything like it. They’re 9-12 from 3 and almost all of them have been well guarded and from well behind the 3 pt line. Jay Bilas just said it’s like a video game and it really is. It’s like NBA Jam when the guy is on fire.

KU has had far better looks in this game, yet Baylor is up 16 and about to go up 17. Baylor isn’t even running offense they’re just jacking up guarded threes and somehow hitting them. Absolutely nothing you can do. Sometimes basketball just boils down to luck, and right now Baylor has a lot of it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Baylor currently throwing it in the ocean.
It’s why I can’t pick them in the tourney this year. They take so many bad shots. They hit a lot of them, but in the tourney that’s bad news, because you’re gonna eventually have a game when the shots aren’t falling. They remind me a lot of 2012 Missouri but with a little more defensive ability.

What's up with those Kansas unis? Are they throwbacks or something? What is on them, sunflowers?

• Love
Reactions: KisteK
Baylor just can’t miss. 9/14 from 3 and the majority of them well guarded. Not much you can do. AFH has been very friendly this year to teams shooting the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT