ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

Baylor just can’t miss. 9/14 from 3 and the majority of them well guarded. Not much you can do. AFH has been very friendly this year to teams shooting the ball.
It seems so. We aren’t guarding any different.

On the flip side, KU has missed two dunks, three unguarded layups, and 1-11 from 3 and most of those have been wide open looks.

Good God imagine if either team could play a full game like each has played for a half.

Reactions: speedfrk
This is great, but it also pisses me off that they didn’t bring this energy from the opening tip.
To be fair it is pretty deflating when you play good defense for 28 seconds and then they hit an off balance three from 20 feet behind the three point line.

The energy is better this half, but I don’t think it was terrible in the first half. We’ve just brought it to another level this half. It’s hard to compete with this effort for 40 minutes. Baylor has also come back down to earth. I think us hitting some shots helps. Now they’re shooting with pressure, where as before they were loose.

Last edited:
Have to ask - was TCU the first team this season to chant that at Grady when he was on the free throw line ?

Have to ask - was TCU the first team this season to chant that at Grady when he was on the free throw line ?
No. But last time fans chanted that, he scored 26. Tonight he has 19. It seems to make him play better. You’d think they’d learn.

Man Jalen has killed KU tonight with bad shots on offense. He’s forcing so much and it’s just not needed. His bad shots have led to so many runouts for TCU.

Reactions: toonces11
Tried so hard to give that game away. McCullar with money defensive plays to end this game.

KU’s 14th quad 1 W. The other three 1 seeds have 20 combined.

Ugly game, but I’ll take it. Both teams looked tired.

KU’s 14th quad 1 W. The other three 1 seeds have 20 combined.

Ugly game, but I’ll take it. Both teams looked tired.
Self and the AD have been masters at scheduling. This year we have so many because of the league, but most years he gets us so many Quad 1 wins because he schedules a lot of teams in the noncon that are teams we should beat but are good enough to give us a challenge and good enough to boost our resume. He’s had several teams as 1 or 2 seeds that probably should have been 2 or 3 seeds or lower, due to these quad 1 wins.

Reactions: KisteK
Self and the AD have been masters at scheduling. This year we have so many because of the league, but most years he gets us so many Quad 1 wins because he schedules a lot of teams in the noncon that are teams we should beat but are good enough to give us a challenge and good enough to boost our resume. He’s had several teams as 1 or 2 seeds that probably should have been 2 or 3 seeds or lower, due to these quad 1 wins.

Yeah, but I don’t think he shies away from scheduling anybody. He’s 11-1 vs top 5 teams at home and has an insane win percentage overall vs top 10 teams. He’s not scared of anybody.

Yeah, but I don’t think he shies away from scheduling anybody. He’s 11-1 vs top 5 teams at home and has an insane win percentage overall vs top 10 teams. He’s not scared of anybody.
Oh he schedules top teams as well for sure. Just saying that after the Michigan States, Gonzagas, etc that the Non P5 teams he schedules are often good and he will schedule a lot of mid-level P5 teams as well. There will be a few outright bad small school teams early on at home to work out the kinks but a lot of the smaller schools he schedules are good smaller schools.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I'm reminded of Scottie Pippen, from the 1994 NBA All-Star Game, just about every game I see Jalen Wilson gliding down the court in those bright, red shoes. I know McCullar had some on yesterday, too. But pretty sure Wilson has been sporting those all-season long.

pyk3jdi2yghwv20uddby.jpg

Can’t wait for March madness to start but we may have a nice treat with Kansas/UT for the big 12 title beforehand.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
KU trying their best to lose to TT. Can’t hit the broad side of a barn. I’d like to say it’s Tech’s scorching defense but it isn’t. KU is just clanking wide open shots.

ADVERTISEMENT