ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

I don't know what's gayer, the Kansas vs Kansas State message board rivalry or the Iowa vs Iowa State message board rivalry.
Iowa is a liberal arts school and ISU turns out engineers, architects, and agriculture related professionals. I suspect that identifying which is “gayer” is just a matter of common sense.

Iowa is a liberal arts school and ISU turns out engineers, architects, and agriculture related professionals. I suspect that identifying which is “gayer” is just a matter of common sense.
so you're saying that the Iowa vs ISU rivalry is gayer than the Kansas vs KSU rivalry because of Iowa's level of gayness?

Not really, it's like the refs never showed up. The calls have been at a minimum.
It good when you play a team like ISU. They play the old WVU style. Hack and slap for 40 min and hope the refs don’t call them. Those types of teams have great home records and iffy road records.

Of course KU just isn’t very good right now anyway.

It good when you play a team like ISU. They play the old WVU style. Hack and slap for 40 min and hope the refs don’t call them. Those types of teams have great home records and iffy road records.

Of course KU just isn’t very good right now anyway.
What teams have bad home records and great road records? Just a complete straw man’s argument that makes no sense.

What teams have bad home records and great road records? Just a complete straw man’s argument that makes no sense.
All teams, it it’s more prominent for defensive minded teams. WVU was notorious for that. They’d get called for 20 fouls at home and 40 on the road. They’d go undefeated at home and lose 8 or 9 on the road. All teams have a home/road discrepancy but not to that degree. When I’ve watched ISU this year there has been a huge difference in how they play on the road compared to at home.

All teams, it it’s more prominent for defensive minded teams. WVU was notorious for that. They’d get called for 20 fouls at home and 40 on the road. They’d go undefeated at home and lose 8 or 9 on the road. All teams have a home/road discrepancy but not to that degree. When I’ve watched ISU this year there has been a huge difference in how they play on the road compared to at home.
That has been the case nearly forever. Hoiberg’s teams would play games in the 80s without defense, and would be unbeatable at home and lose every game on the road.

The playing style I would argue is N/A, it’s just simply college basketball.

That has been the case nearly forever. Hoiberg’s teams would play games in the 80s without defense, and would be unbeatable at home and lose every game on the road.

The playing style I would argue is N/A, it’s just simply college basketball.
Nah it’s a bit of both. It can happen with offensive teams too, but it’s more pronounced with defensive teams. But I’m general, unbalanced teams have big discrepancies so long as they have a good home court (fans actually showing up). Balanced teams have far less of a discrepancy on the home/road split.

KU team settling into what they truly are which is a 4-seed at best. Really just over this team this year. Similar to 2019 team. The talent just isn’t there. Shame Jalen’s great season is being wasted. But hey coming off a National Title I’m ok with a 1st weekend loss.

Yes, Big 12 fans….that sinking feeling in your gut is deja vu. Bill’s coming for your ASSES…
Why are you guys running a true high low again with Adam’s and Udeh at 4/5?

It’s not a 4 guard rotation team like you’ve had for like 7-8 years straight going back to devonte and Frank teams. Surely bill has gotten the memo.

I’d rotate Elijafor and Clemence in with Udeh and Adam’s and run the high low you guys used to like pre 2013 KU teams.

By my math, Iowa beats State by 20, Iowa St beat Kansas by 15....

Iowa 95
Kansas 60
I mean sure. But you beat Indiana by 2, we beat them by 22. So we’re 20 pts better than you. You lost to Duke by 12 and we beat them by 5, so we’re 17 pts better than you. You lost to Wisconsin by 3 and we beat them by 2. So we’re 5 better there.

20+17+5 = 42. We are 42 pts better than you.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
a6c1cb2a2b93d5fc93ef7a2f37d7a1cf9ea7fe45.gif

I mean sure. But you beat Indiana by 2, we beat them by 22. So we’re 20 pts better than you. You lost to Duke by 12 and we beat them by 5, so we’re 17 pts better than you. You lost to Wisconsin by 3 and we beat them by 2. So we’re 5 better there.

20+17+5 = 42. We are 42 pts better than you.
Imagine that, a Vulcan mind melt of hawks. Cumulatively you get a 10th of a brain:D

ADVERTISEMENT