ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

Not really. But they are louder.

They do show up in big numbers every year. Even ISU fans who don’t have tickets show up and watch the games from the bar district across the street. It’s like a huge class reunion for them every year. Like migratory birds that get that calling to head north at the same time every year, ISU fans point their cars towards KC and start driving.
👀

Birds Aren't Real

Texas is the best team in the country when their guards stop playing hero ball and get the bigs involved. And when they bring the kind of effort they’re playing with tonight.

I still won’t pick them in the tourney though. They’re gonna have a game when their guards start taking bad shots again and when that happens they’re going to lose.

Texas has made this win over KU look easy from the tip. The talent level between these 2 teams is eye opening today. Texas haven’t had to work hard for their success at all this game. Combine that with all the unforced errors KU have made. Not a single guy off KU’s bench would get minutes for Texas.

I just turned the game on because Duke is about to play, shocked.

Not sure how you can give the #1 overall seed to a team who has been blown out in 5 of their 7 losses and looked like that in the championship game of their conference tournament. Screw the 17 quad 1 wins. That was an embarrassing performance and KU doesn’t deserve to get rewarded with KC regional after that.

Not sure how you can give the #1 overall seed to a team who has been blown out in 5 of their 7 losses and looked like that in the championship game of their conference tournament. Screw the 17 quad 1 wins. That was an embarrassing performance and KU doesn’t deserve to get rewarded with KC regional after that.
Has to be you guys if Sasser is out for the big dance.

shouldn't reward teams that assist in murder unless they're handing Jim Boeheim his car keys.

sparkle-move.gif

F***ing hilarious that a 7 loss team down 20 pts in their CCG is gonna be gifted the #1 overall seed in the tournament.

I don't give a f*** how many subjective Quad 1 wins they have either.........
As opposed to? Everybody has bad losses. There aren’t any dominant teams this year. At the end of the day, KU won the regular season conference title in the toughest conference in the country.

Make us the two seed in the Midwest, Houston can be the one and Texas can go out east as the one. Then everyone is happy. Texas gets their number 1 seed, Kansas and Houston both get the Midwest and sets up a potential epic elite eight matchup.

They are 6-1 in quad 1 wins and 8-0 in quad 2 wins.
Cool, this year there's a hair difference between quad 1 and quad 4. If they make a run in the tournament, then so be it... But I could see them losing early.

Cool, this year there's a hair difference between quad 1 and quad 4. If they make a run in the tournament, then so be it... But I could see them losing early.
6-1 is a better ratio than Kansas in quad 1 wins. That said, Kansas has played a great schedule.

I don’t know about the “screw the 17 quad 1 wins because of this loss” approach, but I won’t bitch if they don’t get it. Hell, give it to Texass.

They don't have bad losses. To have bad losses you need more than one bad loss.
In that case, I’d say they don’t have good wins either. Some would claim that beating St Mary’s is a good win (debatable), but that’s just one.

I don’t know about the “screw the 17 quad 1 wins because of this loss” approach, but I won’t bitch if they don’t get it. Hell, give it to Texass.
xO23XWN9ZN.png

It's not like Texas eeked by y'all. Ya kinda got Shrimp slapped.

In that case, I’d say they don’t have good wins either. Some would claim that beating St Mary’s is a good win (debatable), but that’s just one.
It's still not a loss much less a bad loss.

So should we just seed teams based on number of losses, regardless of schedule?
I think it should be a balanced approach. I don't think you should look to only one stat and ignore the rest, though. It's a risk/reward thing.

And who's to say they wouldn't have "shrimp slapped" everybody else in the running?
Let me put it to you this way. Tennessee beat mighty Kansas, Texas and alabama. The Vols beat all of their toughest opponents (rank wise), yet we got beat by CBB nobodies: (UK, Vandy, UF ect). We can't harp on our wins with those disasters sitting out there. So, we will likely be a 4th seed and deserve it.

Let me put it to you this way. Tennessee beat mighty Kansas, Texas and alabama. The Vols beat all of their toughest opponents (rank wise), yet we got beat by CBB nobodies: (UK, Vandy, UF ect). We can't harp on our wins with those disasters sitting out there. So, we will likely be a 4th seed and deserve it.

Tennessee has double digit losses vs a weaker schedule. They also finished 4-6 and lost their top player for the rest of the year. Both are big factors in seeding.

Texas is the only team to beat KU in the last 5 weeks, and they also beat Texas in that span.

One game, being the 3rd in 3 days, for a team with little depth and missing a key player and Coach Self, probably shouldn't be weighted more than the rest.

Tennessee has double digit losses vs a weaker schedule. They also finished 4-6 and lost their top player for the rest of the year. Both are big factors in seeding.

Texas is the only team to beat KU in the last 5 weeks, and they also beat Texas in that span.

One game, being the 3rd in 3 days, for a team with little depth and missing a key player and Coach Self, probably shouldn't be weighted more than the rest.
Tennessee has only 3 more losses than KU. 7 losses ain't 2 losses. 😆

5 extra losses ain't 5 extra wins.

“I don't think you should look to only one stat and ignore the rest, though.”

Apparently someone changed her philosophy in the last 45 minutes. 😆

Remember when Wichita St went 30-0 and got the overall 1 seed, then lost in the 2nd round? Piling up wins vs nobodies means nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT