ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

I'm on record, a S16 would be a blessing..

I'm not a daily anymore..
Are you on record, pre or early season, on this board?
I don’t think I went on record. Too many new pieces to confidently predict it.

Look what happens when KU doesn’t get the calls. You answered your own question by referencing a 23 point beat down in you own bldg.
You mean look what happens when ISU doesn’t bring their refs with them? Yep. You lose to an 8 loss team.

I’m pretty sure Iowa St gets more calls at home than KU. You guys just suck balls.

Not bold enough to make predictions
Got it

My concerns were warranted.

The starting 5 is fine, but there's (basically) no bench; no def-ready big to spell KJ and no real scoring threat.

Dolla Bill giving every big a go.. all but begging someone to get going.

This board's sensitivity rating has been noted.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Horse shit, you take homer to a new level of clown
Nah. Oh I did get out of control earlier today no doubt. I was rather frustrated. But it’s not a homer pov to say that KU gets everybody’s best shot. Everybody brings their energy when they play KU and KU doesn’t get to go on the road and play in empty stadiums. KU plays in front of sell outs with fans doing green/blue/white-outs. Even the announcers make a similar comment every game that KU gets everybody’s best effort. This is not anything homer-ish. Same happens to DUKE, UNC and Kentucky.

NAH, being a homer would be making wild officiating conspiracies. Something I’ve seen a few staters do(not gonna name names).

I’m gonna be fine. I rarely get upset watching games these days. Winning a natty last year helps me get through the rough games. And with football on the up and up, there really isn’t anything to be upset about these days.

Look what happens when KU doesn’t get the calls. You answered your own question by referencing a 23 point beat down in you own bldg.
Booooooooo!

This t really must suck being an ISU fan and having the officials hold you back every year. If it wasn’t for those officials you guys would probably have 10 nattys by now.

Got it

The starting 5 is fine, but there's (basically) no bench; no def-ready big to spell KJ and no real scoring threat.

Bill should have spent the noncon developing one of the young bigs, even if it meant losing a couple games that we otherwise won. It’s a weak spot of bills. He’s unwilling to lose early games to develop players unless he has no choice because of injuries or roster turnover.

Regardless, if McCullar and Dick can snap out of their shooting slumps and Harris gets back to form, KU will be fine. And if we can play a team that doesn’t come out and hit 13 of their first 15 shots that will help as well.

Got it

Not sensitive at all, really. I was messing around.

If somebody had asked me to go on record, I would have.

You mean look what happens when ISU doesn’t bring their refs with them? Yep. You lose to an 8 loss team.

I’m pretty sure Iowa St gets more calls at home than KU. You guys just suck balls.
We haven’t been beaten at home, let alone run out of our own gym like KU was today. You guys still waiting for that ruling on those 5 level one violations? I suspect it will come after KU is eliminated from the dance.

Booooooooo!

This t really must suck being an ISU fan and having the officials hold you back every year. If it wasn’t for those officials you guys would probably have 10 nattys by now.
Coming from a fan of a program that has cheated since basketball was founded, that is rich. What does it feel like rooting for a program that is the most penalized in NCAA history?

Coming from a fan of a program that has cheated since basketball was founded, that is rich. What does it feel like rooting for a program that is the most penalized in NCAA history?
Every program cheats or has cheated. Hell, I had a buddy who played for Wooldridge back in the day and even he got a bag, and those teams were terrible and he was just an average recruit.

ISU is no different. I guarantee it. The difference is KU wins when they cheat.

Your alumni should have probably put their money towards the officiating fund. The refs must hate your program because you haven’t been paying your dues.

We haven’t been beaten at home, let alone run out of our own gym like KU was today. You guys still waiting for that ruling on those 5 level one violations? I suspect it will come after KU is eliminated from the dance.

I wasn’t just referring to a few games this season.

Don’t worry…you’ll never have the problem of being under the microscope and accused of preferential treatment.

KU took a big loss at home almost exactly a year ago, and went on to cut the nets. Something that an Iowa St fan will never experience.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
I wasn’t just referring to a few games this season.

Don’t worry…you’ll never have the problem of being under the microscope and accused of preferential treatment.

KU took a big loss at home almost exactly a year ago, and went on to cut the nets. Something that an Iowa St fan will never experience.
To be fair, given the history, last year's loss was perfectly understandable and was only 18 points to UK.

Self had won, what, two thirds of his games vs Cal/UK before that one? Oh, you mean ancient history…
Are you saying KU doesn't have the tradition UK does?

Don't make KU out to be some johnny come lately. They are from it, half your banners are from ancient history.

*Also you ask, "Self had won, what, two thirds of his games vs Cal/UK before that one?"

Calipari leads 5-4 since Calipari's been at UK.

Last edited:

This guy serious? lol

Are you saying KU doesn't have the tradition UK does?

Don't make KU out to be some johnny come lately. They are from it, half your banners are from ancient history.

*Also you ask, "Self had won, what, two thirds of his games vs Cal/UK before that one?"

Calipari leads 5-4 since Calipari's been at UK.

I always knew you liked timeframing. When it works in your favor of course. 😆

Yep…looks like he does have the edge there now. Of course, Bill won all three before he arrived, by an average of 15 per. And kicked his ass in the 08 title game for good measure.

Since you’re on board with timeframing, KU leads Kentucky in everything in the modern era, including head to head.

Not sensitive at all, really. I was messing around.

If somebody had asked me to go on record, I would have.
You didn't like me gloating about one loss, then I really hope - for your sake (of course), that Kansas finishes Top 2 or 3 ic.

😂

Every program cheats or has cheated. Hell, I had a buddy who played for Wooldridge back in the day and even he got a bag, and those teams were terrible and he was just an average recruit.

ISU is no different. I guarantee it. The difference is KU wins when they cheat.

Your alumni should have probably put their money towards the officiating fund. The refs must hate your program because you haven’t been paying your dues.
Yep, cheaters always try and justify their actions. It is a coping mechanism. ISU is nothing like that sleeze of a program in Lawrence. Even when KU is caught red handed they still believe they are untouchable. That is the mark of a program that has done it for so long that they will challenge any oversight because they believe they are above the rules. KU believes the ends justifies the means no matter what.

Reactions: Barrel Man
You didn't like me gloating about one loss, then I really hope - for your sake (of course), that Kansas finishes Top 2 or 3 ic.

😂

I’m okay with it. Just seems premature. Are you actually going to be surprised if Self takes at least a share of the title? I won’t be surprised either way. It’s a rough league.

I get that you want to be the rational KU fan, but it almost seems like you’d rather be right than see the team win. That’s an awkward position to find yourself in. But I guess it’s a no-lose scenario.

Like I said, I won’t be surprised with any outcome. But I’m still not betting against a guy who wins the league 84% of the time.

Yep, cheaters always try and justify their actions. It is a coping mechanism. ISU is nothing like that sleeze of a program in Lawrence. Even when KU is caught red handed they still believe they are untouchable. That is the mark of a program that has done it for so long that they will challenge any oversight because they believe they are above the rules. KU believes the ends justifies the means no matter what.

Did you know that Monte Morris was linked to the FBI probe? It’s hard to find a semi-decent program that wasn’t linked. That should tell you bumpkins something, as if the pay for play landscape wasn’t already obvious enough to anyone with common sense or ties to the sport.

Did you know that Monte Morris was linked to the FBI probe? It’s hard to find a semi-decent program that wasn’t linked. That should tell you bumpkins something, as if the pay for play landscape wasn’t already obvious enough to anyone with common sense or ties to the sport.
LOL!!

What’s funny?
Show me the actual documentation where Morris was linked. I am not interested in heresay nor am I interested in offers that were turned down. Your language “linked” implies that he was involved in breaking the rules and that is plain bullshit. It is a common diversion that gets used for coping parties.

Show me the actual documentation where Morris was linked. I am not interested in heresay nor am I interested in offers that were turned down. Your language “linked” implies that he was involved in breaking the rules and that is plain bullshit. It is a common diversion that gets used for coping parties.

Show me proof that Self was involved in payments to any recruits. According to sworn testimony by Adidas reps, he was unaware. Also, Mike Brey is on record saying that Self’s relationship with the shoe reps is no different than anyone else’s.

Thanks for playing.

Show me proof that Self was involved in payments to any recruits. According to sworn testimony by Adidas reps, he was unaware. Also, Mike Brey is on record saying that Self’s relationship with the shoe reps is no different than anyone else’s.

Thanks for playing.
Five level 1 violations levied by the NCAA and testimony under oath in court. Is that good enough for you? As usual KU attempted to minimize the issue with a self imposed minor suspension. KU is a running joke when it comes to breaking the rules.

Reactions: Catilac
Five level 1 violations levied by the NCAA and testimony under oath in court. Is that good enough for you? As usual KU attempted to minimize the issue with a self imposed minor suspension. KU is a running joke when it comes to breaking the rules.

No one cares about the “running jokes” among jealous fans of inferior programs.

You’re obviously not very familiar with the court testimony are you? I just ****ing told you that Adidas reps swore under oath that Self and staff were not aware of the payments. And it was ruled that KU was defrauded by Adidas.

So that leaves you with nothing but allegations from the notoriously unjust and incompetent NCAA.

Thanks for playing.

You’re obviously not very familiar with the court testimony are you? I just ****ing told you that Adidas reps swore under oath that Self and staff were not aware of the payments. And it was ruled that KU was defrauded by Adidas.

So that leaves you with nothing but allegations from the notoriously unjust and incompetent NCAA.

Thanks for playing.
LOL!! Typical response from a KU fan and mirrors the attitude that KU takes when it comes to rules and regulations. There are many programs out there that have integrity and KU has NEVER been one.

There is a lot of animosity in the Big 12.

Booooo!! Refs hate us! KU cheats!

Do you know any other words?

LOL!! Typical response from a KU fan and mirrors the attitude that KU takes when it comes to rules and regulations. There are many programs out there that have integrity and KU has NEVER been one.

Using your definition of integrity, no, there aren’t many. Outside of low majors who don’t really have a choice.

But stay in fantasy land if it helps you cope with your lack of success.

Thanks for playing.
He actually thinks ISU has integrity.

More like despite being offered money like any other program, recruits still realize that they want to win. And they realize that if they go to ISU they’ll be stuck in the middle of a corn field at a school populated by fat farm girls.

Besides which I know he’s wrong. My bud who went to KState to play for Wooldridge had plenty of stories to tell, ISU involved in at least one. At least I’m not naive. I know what goes on.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
He actually thinks ISU has integrity.

More like despite being offered money like any other program, recruits still realize that they want to win. And they realize that if they go to ISU they’ll be stuck in the middle of a corn field at a school populated by fat farm girls.

Besides which I know he’s wrong. My bud who went to KState to play for Wooldridge had plenty of stories to tell, ISU involved in at least one. At least I’m not naive. I know what goes on.

I know a former AAU coach, and he’s very clear about how prevalent it is/was. As if it hasn’t been obvious for a long time.

No doubt that the Clone clown buys this story:

Tonya Morris, in a phone call to The Register Friday morning, said her son did not break NCAA rules.

"The only thing that happened was that Monte was in Atlanta training," Tonya said in her phone call. "He was training in Atlanta.

"He and and his trainer, after a workout, went to breakfast. Mr Dawkins came into restaurant about 10 minutes after they were seated. He sat at the table with Monte. They exchanged hellos."

Tonya said that's the only thing they exchanged.

"Monte paid for his pancakes and sausages, and then they left," she said.

Tonya could not recall when the chance encounter happened.

Poor delusional bastards. 😂 🤣

There's also a lot of B12 programs that have won nothing since the creation of the Big XII..
It is easy to be a fan of someone that has won big. It requires a truer heart to be a fan and someone that has not.

It is easy to be a fan of someone that has won big. It requires a truer heart to be a fan and someone that has not.
Ever notice that you never see these posters until their teams become decent? Weird phenomenon.

Don’t go AuHoosier on us. Being a fan of a winner doesn’t make a person a bandwagoner or fairweather. In my case, I grew up near the KU campus and several of my family members had gone there. Pretty easy choice. I’ve never had to prove that I’d stick around for rough days because they’ve never missed the tourney in my lifetime. But I’m also a big Royals fan (probably the worst franchise in sports from the mid-90s until they went to the WS in 2014), and I grew up listening to all three hours of every game + postgame every summer.

Reactions: della and forsh_21
Ever notice that you never see these posters until their teams become decent? Weird phenomenon.

Don’t go AuHoosier on us. Being a fan of a winner doesn’t make a person a bandwagoner or fairweather. In my case, I grew up near the KU campus and several of my family members had gone there. Pretty easy choice. I’ve never had to prove that I’d stick around for rough days because they’ve never missed the tourney in my lifetime. But I’m also a big Royals fan (probably the worst franchise in sports from the mid-90s until they went to the WS in 2014), and I grew up listening to all three hours of every game + postgame every summer.
No worries of that. I have been on the CFB board for 15 years of ass kickings from the bammers and it never slowed me down. This year felt like the children of Israel finally finding the promised land after wandering.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Got it

So is developing reliable power 5 depth on your bench more difficult when dollar bill isn't able to plead with Adidas to buy him some players? Huh... Fascinating. You mean maybe we're all finally playing on a Level Playing Field?

Excuse me while I cry for you😪😪😪

Nah. Oh I did get out of control earlier today no doubt. I was rather frustrated. But it’s not a homer pov to say that KU gets everybody’s best shot. Everybody brings their energy when they play KU and KU doesn’t get to go on the road and play in empty stadiums. KU plays in front of sell outs with fans doing green/blue/white-outs. Even the announcers make a similar comment every game that KU gets everybody’s best effort. This is not anything homer-ish. Same happens to DUKE, UNC and Kentucky.

NAH, being a homer would be making wild officiating conspiracies. Something I’ve seen a few staters do(not gonna name names).

I’m gonna be fine. I rarely get upset watching games these days. Winning a natty last year helps me get through the rough games. And with football on the up and up, there really isn’t anything to be upset about these days.
I won't deny that big 12 teams ramp up the intensity when KU is in town. That is absolutely true. And it's easy to have a down game the week after you play The Jayhawks. Football teams were doing it with OU as well. Not only has the coaching improved in this league, but more so KU's weapons it had its disposal to create an imbalance in the Big 12 all those years has dried up substantially. Certainly the NCAA investigation to put a halt on things at KU, but also NIL has leveled the playing field. Bill Self is.... Probably the best coach in the league though if I could pick any coach to lead a team Scott Drew could edge him slightly. Maybe... but certainly one of those two. KU's blue blood status will always give it an advantage. And all the rest of us will be fighting against that From Here to Eternity. But at least now the rest of us have a real chance. I'm guessing Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky they're all feeling the effects of NIL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT