ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 thread

Tang calling out the KSU faithful for letting the Jayhawks live rent free in their heads. Gonna be an epic battle tonight. I think the key is Harris vs Nowell and if Juan can hold him in check offensively.

Tang calling out the KSU faithful for letting the Jayhawks live rent free in their heads. Gonna be an epic battle tonight. I think the key is Harris vs Nowell and if Juan can hold him in check offensively.
I think the two games last year showed that Nowell will get his. Kansas just has to limit the others. 1 or 2 players can’t beat a Self coached team. He will go triangle and two if he has to and make the rest of the roster prove it.

Wilson is 3 out of 4, is he a 75% shooter from 3 normally?

He’s a streaky shooter who has done that plenty of times. Little different than a group of awful shooters suddenly shooting lights out collectively.

He’s a streaky shooter who has done that plenty of times. Little different than a group of awful shooters suddenly shooting lights out collectively.
Yep. Way different. KU doesn’t ever get a day off. Everybody comes in focused. Bad shooters hitting acrobatic shots, terrible FT shooters hitting 10/10, and playing balls to the wall on defense. You then watch them play their next game after KU and most of the time they’re out there going through the motions, missing wide open jumpers and playing undisciplined D. Never fails.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Two games in a row where bogus fouls against KJ have hurt us. Any chance KU had at a comeback was gone when KJ picked up his 4th.

Really though it’s Self’s fault for not developing udeh

Reactions: Big_C_KU
Until Dick and McCullar snap out of their shooting funk KU isn’t gonna win another game. Right now we’re a perimeter team with jump shooters who are struggling to shoot it.

The real KU team is somewhere between what they did in non-con and what we’re seeing now. The great non-con has created these higher than should be expectations.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
The real KU team is somewhere between what they did in non-con and what we’re seeing now. The great non-con has created these higher than should be expectations.
That and teams have just played insane against us. They never play like this against anybody else. You watch their other games and they miss wide open shots, play half-asses defense, and make bad decisions. They play KU and they come out jazzed, focused, and full of energy and can’t miss. TCU looks like they’ve run out of gas, like so many teams often do in the last 10 minutes against us…..cause nobody can keep up that effort for 40 minutes. But it’s too late. KU is tired too. We can’t keep up with the effort these teams bring every game against us. The whole team is missing their legs.

• Haha
Reactions: Clonewithasigh
Who could've seen Kansas having trouble with their 5 position..

Scoring issues?? Not with Wilson, McCullar and the Fresh Dick..

No chance!!

Imagine seeing that +7.5 and not salivating..
Imagine not shopping that line and being gifted TCU -3.0 minutes before halftime!

Can’t wait to watch TCU come out in their next game and miss everything they put up and play with half-assed effort. Like KState is doing right now.

Yep. Way different. KU doesn’t ever get a day off. Everybody comes in focused. Bad shooters hitting acrobatic shots, terrible FT shooters hitting 10/10, and playing balls to the wall on defense. You then watch them play their next game after KU and most of the time they’re out there going through the motions, missing wide open jumpers and playing undisciplined D. Never fails.
JFC, you Jayhawk fans are delusional. The B12 is a brutal conference and any team can get beat by any other team. All teams play hard every game.

JFC, you Jayhawk fans are delusional. The B12 is a brutal conference and any team can get beat by any other team. All teams play hard every game.
Shouldn’t you be booing something?

Or giving us an in-depth explanation of the Pro-KU/anti-ISU officiating conspiracy?

Who could've seen Kansas having trouble with their 5 position..

Scoring issues?? Not with Wilson, McCullar and the Fresh Dick..

No chance!!

Imagine seeing that +7.5 and not salivating..
Imagine not shopping that line and being gifted TCU -3.0 minutes before halftime!

Nobody gloated when they were 16-1 while Baylor was dropping game after game. Now you’re gonna gloat after 1 shitty day? 😆

Can’t speak for everybody else, but I’ve always recognized the limitations of this team. Not that athletic, only one reliable shooter (who suddenly isn’t reliable), weak bench, etc. My only point was that I wouldn’t bet against Self. And I still wouldn’t.

So the energy level is the same whether playing a bottom feeder or the team that’s dominated the league for decades?

Speaking of delusions, tell us more about the grand ref conspiracy to prop up KU. 😂

So the energy level is the same whether playing a bottom feeder or the team that’s dominated the league for decades?

Speaking of delusions, tell us more about the grand ref conspiracy to prop up KU. 😂
Any blue blood can say the same thing that they get everybody’s best shot. It isn’t exactly a secret. Even the announcers talk about it. I mean hell, I’ve been watching the KState game and KState in the first half looked disinterested. Even TTech though isn’t playing the same. Isaacs was hitting threes from 10 feet behind the line with a hand in his face. Today he’s bricking. Tech has missed like 5 wide open threes in a row. It’s no secret that when you’re KU or Kentucky or UNC/Duke, you get everybody’s best shot. Clonewhomoans knows this too, he’s just being obtuse.

Nobody gloated when they were 16-1 while Baylor was dropping game after game. Now you’re gonna gloat after 1 shitty day? 😆

Can’t speak for everybody else, but I’ve always recognized the limitations of this team. Not that athletic, only one reliable shooter (who suddenly isn’t reliable), weak bench, etc. My only point was that I wouldn’t bet against Self. And I still wouldn’t.
Woke speak for anybody else, but I put it out there that I'd be happy if they finished Top 2 in conference.. thought they'd finish closer to 3rd/4th, tho.

Nobody gloated, nor should have bc
Duke is down..ish
Indiana is an auto-win if you've even got a pulse..
Went 1-1 vs NCSt & Tenn.. and manhandled in that loss

Kansas' best W, mid Jan, is a two point W at home vs Iowa State..

- I thought Kansas was good, just not Top 10.
- I gave thoughts on my doubts about backup positions, defense and scoring.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I said I'd be happy if they finished Top 2 in conference.. but I thought they'd finish closer to 3rd/4th.

Nobody gloated, nor should have bc
Duke is down..ish
Indiana is an auto-win if you've even got a pulse..
Went 1-1 vs NCSt & Tenn.. and manhandled in that loss

Kansas' best W, mid Jan, is a two point W at home vs Iowa State..

- I thought Kansas was good, just not Top 10.
- I gave thoughts on my doubts about backup positions, defense and scoring.

Very few teams could say they had a better resume than KU when they were 16-1.

Every team in this league is going to have several losses. I’m not sure today is any more meaningful than the Kentucky game last year. Sure, it exposed some weaknesses. Just like that game did.

Any blue blood can say the same thing that they get everybody’s best shot. It isn’t exactly a secret. Even the announcers talk about it. I mean hell, I’ve been watching the KState game and KState in the first half looked disinterested. Even TTech though isn’t playing the same. Isaacs was hitting threes from 10 feet behind the line with a hand in his face. Today he’s bricking. Tech has missed like 5 wide open threes in a row. It’s no secret that when you’re KU or Kentucky or UNC/Duke, you get everybody’s best shot. Clonewhomoans knows this too, he’s just being obtuse.

He’s getting his shots in while he can, because he knows how this ends. And it’s not with Iowa State cutting nets. 😆

Hey, Clone douche, nice loss to an 8 loss team, btw. You’ve got more of those coming.

Very few teams could say they had a better resume than KU when they were 16-1.

Every team in this league is going to have several losses. I’m not sure today is any more meaningful than the Kentucky game last year. Sure, it exposed some weaknesses. Just like that game did.
I'm on record, a S16 would be a blessing..

I'm not a daily anymore..
Are you on record, pre or early season, on this board?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Horse shit, you take homer to a new level of clown

Reactions: Marlattman84

Look what happens when KU doesn’t get the calls. You answered your own question by referencing a 23 point beat down in you own bldg.

Reactions: Marlattman84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT