ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 10 POWER RANKINGS

Okay

Well did you look at resumes? Head to head isn’t the best method of ranking teams.
Purdue's played one of the toughest schedules in the country. SHOULD have won several of those games too. Would Maryland have the same record they do now with Purdue's schedule or would they have a similar record?

Our schedule doesn't get any easier anytime soon either. Definitely needed this win @ Wisconsin

Purdue's played one of the toughest schedules in the country. SHOULD have won several of those games too. Would Maryland have the same record they do now with Purdue's schedule or would they have a similar record?

Our schedule doesn't get any easier anytime soon either. Definitely needed this win @ Wisconsin

Doesn’t make their resume better than Maryland’s. Shouldn’t be a shocker that some might think Maryland is better.

Doesn’t make their resume better than Maryland’s. Shouldn’t be a shocker that some might think Maryland is better.
I never said it did... A resume, especially this early in the season, isn't definitive proof one team is better than another either.

I never said it did... A resume, especially this early in the season, isn't definitive proof one team is better than another either.

You were the one that originally questioned the Maryland over Purdue ranking. Does it shock you some might have Maryland higher?

You were the one that originally questioned the Maryland over Purdue ranking. Does it shock you some might have Maryland higher?
Actually looking at their schedule, it kinda does. If the claim is that their "resume" is so much better then I'd say their schedule isn't exactly all that tough. Looking at both teams schedules and records you can make a strong argument they are somewhat equal. Kenpom agrees giving Purdue the edge, but they are very close to one another in the ratings.

Actually looking at their schedule, it kinda does. If the claim is that their "resume" is so much better then I'd say their schedule isn't exactly all that tough. Looking at both teams schedules and records you can make a strong argument they are somewhat equal. Kenpom agrees giving Purdue the edge, but they are very close to one another in the ratings.

They are very close to one another so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some people think Purdue is better and it wouldn’t surprise me to see some people think Maryland is better. The fact that it would surprise you for anything to think Maryland is better says a lot about you.

They are very close to one another so it wouldn’t surprise me to see some people think Purdue is better and it wouldn’t surprise me to see some people think Maryland is better. The fact that it would surprise you for anything to think Maryland is better says a lot about you.
I'm not opposed to people thinking they are better. Notice I didn't question anyone else that had Maryland above Purdue. I questioned Da_Bull because he had Maryland 3rd and Purdue 9th. That's a fairly large spread. Most of the other people's lists I thought were reasonable.

MD, despite by far being the youngest team in the B1G, is clearly top 4 team in confernce.
Destroyed Minny on the road.
That is all
How young are they? I thought for sure Purdue had to be one of the if not the youngest after losing what they did from last year.

How young are they? I thought for sure Purdue had to be one of the if not the youngest after losing what they did from last year.
One of the youngest in CBB.
Their 8 man rotation is 5 Fresh, 2 Soph, 1 junior.
Last night on telecast alluded to how it’s always mentioned how young Indiana is yet Md is actually younger

One of the youngest in CBB.
Their 8 man rotation is 5 Fresh, 2 Soph, 1 junior.
Last night on telecast alluded to how it’s always mentioned how young Indiana is yet Md is actually younger
Yeah, I supposed the fact that Purdue brought in Boudreau raises their age as well as having a walk on that turned scholarship player and is now a senior. That is a really young team you guys have.

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Purdue
Indiana
Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska
Minnesota
Penn State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Purdue
Indiana
Wisconsin
Iowa
Nebraska
Minnesota
Penn State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
Interesting, there's a lot of movement there from last time. Then again, there's a lot of parity this year in the B10. It's been fun to watch so far.

And you hate Iowa.

Obligatory

tenor.gif

I haven't watched much of Nebraska so far this year. I know they are good, but Kenpom has them 3rd in the B10. Does that seem possible?

I haven't watched much of Nebraska so far this year. I know they are good, but Kenpom has them 3rd in the B10. Does that seem possible?
Their starting 5 is really good. Depth could be an issue. Come to Bloomington tomorrow.. So we shall see.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Maryland
4. Iowa
5. Purdue
6. Nebraska
7. Minnesota
8. Indiana
9. Ohio St
10. Wisconsin
11. Northwestern
12. Rutgers
13. PSU
14. IL

Reactions: bigassmoney
Can we pump the brakes on Maryland until they actually play more than 4 games outside the state of Maryland? They have 14 games remaining, most of which are on the road.

I bet they go 5-9 to finish the season, including losing their next two.

I'm obviously a biased Husker fan, but Nebraska has already played 4 league road games. With 8 of their last 14 at home, and 3 road games at Illinois, Rutgers, and Penn State, I bet Nebraska finishes ahead of Maryland in final league standings.

After watching the last few games, I'd say Nebraska is deserving to be considered 3rd in the B10. They looked tough at IU and at home vs MSU.

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Maryland
4. Iowa
5. Purdue
6. Nebraska
7. Minnesota
8. Indiana
9. Ohio St
10. Wisconsin
11. Northwestern
12. Rutgers
13. PSU
14. IL
Iowa 4? No.

Michigan
MSU
Nebraska
Purdue/Maryland
Wisconsin
Ohio St
Iowa
Indiana (could move up but have had a couple poor performances)
Minnesota
PSU
Northwestern
ILL
Rutgers

Reactions: jwardelt
Iowa 4? No.

Michigan
MSU
Nebraska
Purdue/Maryland
Wisconsin
Ohio St
Iowa
Indiana (could move up but have had a couple poor performances)
Minnesota
PSU
Northwestern
ILL
Rutgers
Meh,
Id put Iowa at 5th
Mich
MSU
Marlyand
Purdue
Iowa
Nebby
Wiscy
IU
Minnesota
ETC....

After watching the last few games, I'd say Nebraska is deserving to be considered 3rd in the B10. They looked tough at IU and at home vs MSU.

I thought they played like dogshit vs. Michigan State. Sparty actually had a lot to do with Nebraska's performance, but the Huskers missed more open shots than I've ever seen the last few seasons. That was a missed opportunity.

Michigan
MSU
Nebraska
Maryland
Wisconsin
Indiana
Purdue
Ohio St
Iowa
Minnesota
ILL
Northwestern
PSU
Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK and jwardelt
Some may argue a team or two be switched but IMO this is a pretty solid power rankings as of today.

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Nebraska
Iowa
Purdue
Indiana
Wisconsin
OSU
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern
Penn State
Rutgers

Some may argue a team or two be switched but IMO this is a pretty solid power rankings as of today.

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Nebraska
Iowa
Purdue
Indiana
Wisconsin
OSU
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern