Wisconsin/Nebraska/Michigan

Maryland/Purdue/Indiana/Ohio State

Minnesota

Michigan State/Iowa/Illinois

Northwestern/Penn State

Rutgers

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Wisconsin at 13? Wow.

Through 1.5 weeks of Basketball, B1G looks MUCH stronger than last year. 12 Teams have legitimate shots at making the tourney... obviously some teams will stumble during the season, but I think it's realistic to think the Big Ten could have 8-9 teams dance this year. Here's my rankings through the early part of the season:

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Indiana
4. Purdue
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. Wisconsin
8. Minnesota
9. Ohio State
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

Wisconsin at 13? Wow.

Through 1.5 weeks of Basketball, B1G looks MUCH stronger than last year. 12 Teams have legitimate shots at making the tourney... obviously some teams will stumble during the season, but I think it's realistic to think the Big Ten could have 8-9 teams dance this year. Here's my rankings through the early part of the season:

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Indiana
4. Purdue
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. Wisconsin
8. Minnesota
9. Ohio State
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers
Purdue a few spots too high but all in all I pretty much agree with this.

Wisconsin at 13? Wow.

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Indiana
4. Purdue
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. Wisconsin
8. Minnesota
9. Ohio State
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers
I'd switch Michigan and MSU and move OSU up a few spots although I want to see them play a few more times as they're super young. Michigan absolutely destroyed Villanova and OSU now has road wins against Cincinnatti and Creighton - pretty impressive

Reactions: dukedevilz
Big Ten:

1. Michigan (3-0) - 11
2. Michigan St (2-1) - 14
3. Purdue (3-0) - 15
4. Indiana (3-0) - 18
5. Wisconsin (2-0) - 19

6. Nebraska (3-0) - 28
7. Ohio St (3-0) - 29
8. Maryland (3-0) - 34
9. Penn St (2-1) -35
10. Iowa (3-0) - 36
11. Minnesota (2-0) - 49
12. Northwestern (2-0) - 50

13. Illinois (1-1) - 78
14. Rutgers (2-0) - 120

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Not sold on Hawks until they show consistency.

Iowa could be good. That roster is actually pretty talented. They lacked consistency and key players having nagging injuries last year. 4-14 was the result in B16 last year but shouldn't have been

Iowa didn't even play particularly well on offense last night but the 3 things they needed to be better this year were outstanding

FT Shooting
Aggressiveness
- Iowa actually looked pretty good on Defense
- Iowa played in position to Rebound

Gonna be a tough out if they can consistently do those 3 things well. They will shoot The ball extremely well

Big Ten gonna be a Murderers Row. Everyone looks good

Big Ten gonna be a Murderers Row. Everyone looks good

giphy.gif

Don’t put Purdue in Indiana’s category. They suck.
Purdue is good. I think IU is better, but Purdue is a good team. I don’t think it’s crazy to put them in the same category. They’ll be fringe top 25 all year and a tough out. We haven’t had a tough time against top 25 teams this year, though ;)

As of right now, I don’t hate Purdue with 100% of my passion. We’ll see if that changes after we play each other, (as it usually does) but as of now, I don’t really hate anyone. If we win, I still won’t hesitate to make fun of Purdue, but right now I’m too busy cheering for IU SmokinSmile

Here are my new rankings. Note they are power rankings, so I don’t really know if these are the best teams or not.

1. Michigan
2. IU
3. Iowa
4. OSU
5. MSU
6. Purdue
7. Nebraska
8. Wisconsin
9. Maryland
10. Minnesota
11. Nebraska
12. Illinois
13. Penn State
14. Rutgers

I could really see it getting 7 or even 8 teams in this year. Big 10 will be a BLOODBATH and I can’t wait. Honestly, all of the top 6 could be in the top 25 by the end of the year.

I don’t think OSU or Iowa are better than MSU, but they have the better wins so they get the nod.

Last edited:
I'd switch Michigan and MSU and move OSU up a few spots although I want to see them play a few more times as they're super young. Michigan absolutely destroyed Villanova and OSU now has road wins against Cincinnatti and Creighton - pretty impressive

Michigan's win was super impressive. Their offense even looked crisp for long-stretches. Guess I'm still not sold on their outside shooting, but they're probably a more dangerous team in the tournament than MSU because of their team is full of dynamite defenders.

And yes, Ohio State did have two very nice wins on the road. Big 10 is tough this year. Not sure there's a big gap between the #4 team and the #10 team in conference, to be honest. Lots of quality teams this year. Ohio State looks like a tournament team in the early few games, though.

Ahhhh, now I get it, you're an iu fan. That explains you constantly obsessing over Purdue and your hot takes on Carsen Edwards. Makes total sense now.
Was that ever not obvious? Took you that long to figure it out?

I like Carsen Edwards. I don’t think he’s even close to the “best player in the country”. And so far, he hasn’t been close to that. So yah, thanks for bringing that up.

Carsen is good. The rest of the Purdue squad is trash. I expect them about 5/6 in the league.

Michigan's win was super impressive. Their offense even looked crisp for long-stretches. Guess I'm still not sold on their outside shooting, but they're probably a more dangerous team in the tournament than MSU because of their team is full of dynamite defenders.

And yes, Ohio State did have two very nice wins on the road. Big 10 is tough this year. Not sure there's a big gap between the #4 team and the #10 team in conference, to be honest. Lots of quality teams this year. Ohio State looks like a tournament team in the early few games, though.

Told you 34 was way too low.

Reactions: KisteK and SNU0821
ADVERTISEMENT