ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 10 POWER RANKINGS

switch Iowa with Nebraska based on Head to head. and give the edge to Wisconsin and Purdue ahead of Iowa due to Head to Head.
Michigan
MSU
MD
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Indiana
Nebraska
Minnesota
OSU
NW
Illinois
PSU
Rutgers

Only real issue I have is with Iowa. I don't think they are ahead of Purdue

I understand the head to head, and if i had a list of who i think is the better team overall and predictive, i'd list purdue ahead but power rankings, no. Each last 4 games with KP rankings:

Purdue:
31 Iowa-W
3 MSU-Loss
17 @Wis-W
125 Rutgers-W

Iowa:
12 Nebraska-W
60 @NW-W
27 OSU-W
65 PSU-W

Like i said i can't fault for flip flopping them but thats my line of thinking.

Reactions: jace4655555
Yeah, I think their record is pretty misleading. 7* of their wins came against local community colleges.

232 UMKC
212 Green Bay
324 Alabama St
206 Northern Iowa
292 Western Carolina
344 Savanah St
334 Bryant
the problem is Iowa had no choice in playing these
UMKC set up to the Y2 Classic
Green Bay Y2 Classic
UNI State of Iowa B4 which just came to a close and if a state senator has his way Drake and UNI will be a mandated game.

Savanah State just played Wisconsin 2 games before they played Iowa. where your outrage about Wisconsin playing Savanah State, you are one of the biggest hypocrites on this board. plus Wisconsin played these
Coppin State
Houston Baptist
Grambling

why does Wisconsin get a pass while you rag on Iowa. HYPOCRITE.

Some may argue a team or two be switched but IMO this is a pretty solid power rankings as of today.

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Nebraska
Iowa
Purdue
Indiana
Wisconsin
OSU
Minnesota
Illinois
Northwestern
Penn State
Rutgers

I think these are pretty good.

That chunk of Iowa / Purdue / Indiana / Wisconsin and possibly Nebraska (though after last night, they seem like a pretty good team) seems like it could still shuffle a bit.

Reactions: MGC_07
I think these are pretty good.

That chunk of Iowa / Purdue / Indiana / Wisconsin and possibly Nebraska (though after last night, they seem like a pretty good team) seems like it could still shuffle a bit.

Originally that 3-10 spot was tight but I think Maryland and Nebraska to an extent have started to pull away a bit. Not a big gap and plenty of time for others to catch up and pass them by but that’s how I see it.

Originally that 3-10 spot was tight but I think Maryland and Nebraska to an extent have started to pull away a bit. Not a big gap and plenty of time for others to catch up and pass them by but that’s how I see it.

Then again, I thought the same thing about OSU, and how tough they played MSU... then they went on to lose 3 in a row.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Yeah, I think their record is pretty misleading. 7* of their wins came against local community colleges.

232 UMKC
212 Green Bay
324 Alabama St
206 Northern Iowa
292 Western Carolina
344 Savanah St
334 Bryant

I didn’t realize that Tom Crean put together Iowa’s schedule this year

Green Bay Y2 Classic
UNI State of Iowa B4 which just came to a close and if a state senator has his way Drake and UNI will be a mandated game.

Savanah State just played Wisconsin 2 games before they played Iowa. where your outrage about Wisconsin playing Savanah State, you are one of the biggest hypocrites on this board. plus Wisconsin played these
Coppin State
Houston Baptist
Grambling

You played one of the weakest non-con schedules in all of america. Idgaf if you play weak teams, everybody plays 2 or 3, but no one consistently schedules as many as Iowa. No outrage, but if you want to be taken seriously, you need to play a serious schedule - not this joke of a schedule.

Green Bay Y2 Classic

Coppin State
Houston Baptist
Grambling

Iowa's schedule is a joke. UW's is not. Pretty simple really.

I like-
Michigan
Michigan State
Indiana
Nebraska
Purdue

I'm watching-
Maryland
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Iowa
Minnesota
Illinois

I typed their names-
PennState
Northwestern
Rutgers (Will watch tonight, tho)

Update:
I like
Michigan
Michigan St.

I'm watching
Maryland
Indiana
Nebraska
Purdue
Wisky
Ohio State
Iowa
Illinois
Minny

I typed their names
Northwestern
Rutgers
Penn State

@fluoxetine is a god damn rutgers fan

giphy.gif
Suddenly.... the world makes perfect sense.

I'm thinking:

Michigan
MSU

Maryland

Purdue
Nebraska
Iowa
Wisconsin
IU
OSU
Minnesota

Northwestern
Illinois

Penn State
Rutgers

Reactions: Boilermaker03
You played one of the weakest non-con schedules in all of america. Idgaf if you play weak teams, everybody plays 2 or 3, but no one consistently schedules as many as Iowa. No outrage, but if you want to be taken seriously, you need to play a serious schedule - not this joke of a schedule.
You should look at Marylands.

these were part of the Y2 Classic
UMKC
Green Bay
#13 Oregon
UConn
Alabama State
ACC/BT Challenge Pitt
ISU
UNI Big 4 challenge
WCU
Savanah State
Bryant

yeah the dbl standard strikes again Iowa must play a murders row. I just showed that Wisconsin played the same number of teams like Iowa did

these were part of the Y2 Classic
UMKC
Green Bay
#13 Oregon
UConn
Alabama State
ACC/BT Challenge Pitt
ISU
UNI Big 4 challenge
WCU
Savanah State
Bryant

yeah the dbl standard strikes again Iowa must play a murders row. I just showed that Wisconsin played the same number of teams like Iowa did
Those teams are turrible...

Iowa State wasn't even full strength until ~two weeks ago.

So are people keeping Michigan above MSU in power rankings by default or because they think Michigan is better? Both teams have looked good (when you consider Langford being out).

Finally some of you tenured B1G fans are giving MD credit. Not 7th or 8th anymore?
Youngest team in the league.

Reactions: JonBuckley
So are people keeping Michigan above MSU in power rankings by default or because they think Michigan is better? Both teams have looked good (when you consider Langford being out).
I had been listening to @Mgkcbb , so I'm putting Michigan State 2nd (behind Illinois, of course) BECAUSE Langford is out. I didn't realize this, but apparently he sucks. Now, if Langford was playing....then I'd put them 3rd.

In all seriousness, 3 weeks ago, I had UM 1st by a decent margin. Since then, I'd put State 1st now, if this is strictly a weekly power rankings thing. The reason why I mentioned it being a weekly power rankings, is because if Langford misses much more time, I don't think they will finish ahead of Michigan.

So, with the information that we know currently, I don't believe State will be able to continue this good of play and Michigan will end up winning the BIG.

Reactions: MGC_07 and Jaycg15
That you should worry about your own team
Why is it that I need to worry about my own team? What is that going to accomplish? You realize this is the internet, we are here talking about a sport that really has no impact on anyones life here.
Sports are entertainment, Im not worring about anything.

I understand the head to head, and if i had a list of who i think is the better team overall and predictive, i'd list purdue ahead but power rankings, no. Each last 4 games with KP rankings:

Purdue:
31 Iowa-W
3 MSU-Loss
17 @Wis-W
125 Rutgers-W

Iowa:
12 Nebraska-W
60 @NW-W
27 OSU-W
65 PSU-W

Like i said i can't fault for flip flopping them but thats my line of thinking.
Again, key here is in that group of 4 games Purdue actually beat Iowa and it wasn't close.

Again, key here is in that group of 4 games Purdue actually beat Iowa and it wasn't close.

I get that but since Iowa has a pretty good collection of wins, Iowa also has the best win of the two. The Iowa Purdue game was over two weeks ago, and Garza was out, just what my line of thinking is. Power rankings change week to week, sometimes drastically. They’re right there next to each other, not sure one place will make or break.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Purdue was amped for that game because Trent passed away, Iowa's starting center in Garza was out, Garza was the #2 scorer, #2 rebounder, leader in blocked shots and his 6'11 size would and has made a difference.

to bad that Purdue gets to avoid playing in Carver, its also worth noting that these are current ranking of the other teams that Iowa beat
ISU 14
Oregon 41
Pitt 67
UConn 86
UNI 206
GB 214
UMKC 233
WCU 292
Alabama St 324
Bryant 334
Savanah St 344
that just show how phony Kenpom's SOS is.

as for ISU not at full strength is a laugh, Jordan was recovering from a deep bone bruise, Connor was recovering from a ankle injury, these were out RS'ing
SO Nunge last seasons 5th leading scorer, 2nd in Blocked shots and 3rd in steals.
JR Pemsl had not played a game till the ISU game and then had a season ending Knee surgery.

Iowa has won 2 road game with out Cook, so don't play the injury card.

last season multiple players missed several games due to concussions, illiness. Iowa never got a pass for last season, again the injury excuse is worthless.

Thanks hail. I agree. I’m not saying MSU is definitely better, but there is definitely an argument to be made. I wouldn’t think 100% of posters here would have UM higher.

I had been listening to @Mgkcbb , so I'm putting Michigan State 2nd (behind Illinois, of course) BECAUSE Langford is out. I didn't realize this, but apparently he sucks. Now, if Langford was playing....then I'd put them 3rd.

In all seriousness, 3 weeks ago, I had UM 1st by a decent margin. Since then, I'd put State 1st now, if this is strictly a weekly power rankings thing. The reason why I mentioned it being a weekly power rankings, is because if Langford misses much more time, I don't think they will finish ahead of Michigan.

So, with the information that we know currently, I don't believe State will be able to continue this good of play and Michigan will end up winning the BIG.
Yeah, we have a bit of a tough stretch coming up. Maryland, then at Iowa and at Purdue. Without Langford I’m going to say we drop one of those games.

Yeah, we have a bit of a tough stretch coming up. Maryland, then at Iowa and at Purdue. Without Langford I’m going to say we drop one of those games.

At Iowa isn’t tough. Others a bit more difficult.

At Iowa isn’t tough. Others a bit more difficult.
wanna bet? Iowa has only lost one home game this season. this years team is not even close to last year.
these are the major changes from last year to this year
backup PG in Connor which Iowa didn't have who can play defense
a much needed 5th starter that can score and play defense SR Wieskamp, who is avg'ing 26.2 mpg, 4th in scoring @11.3 ppg, 2nd in rebounds with 92, shooting 48.2% from the field, 40.6% from 3 and 71.9% from the FTL. plus he has 14 steals and 9 blocks.

4/5 6'8 Kriener has stepped up his game from last season shooting 56.3% from the field and 36.8% from 3. 11 steals and 10 blocks.

this is a totally different team as they also have 1 RSSR 4 JR's as upperclassmen. vs last season when they had 4 SO's and 2 FR as the top 6.

its amazing how players that become upper classmen can have a positive effect on the team for example
when Gesell and Woodury the 2 rated players were FR they went 9-9 in BT Play
as SO's they went 9-9 in BT play
as JR's they went 12-6 in BT play
as SR's they went 12-6 in BT play

hmm I see a pattern young underclassmen not that successfull
then as upperclassmen they had their best seasons.

Wife dd’ing me back from Madison to Milwaukee. Let’s take a shot:

1a Michigan
1b Michigan State

3 Purdue
4 Maryland
5 Nebraska
6 Indiana
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 Minnesota
10 Ohio State

11 Penn State
12 Northwestern
13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Wife dd’ing me back from Madison to Milwaukee. Let’s take a shot:

1a Michigan
1b Michigan State

3 Purdue
4 Maryland
5 Nebraska
6 Indiana
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 Minnesota
10 Ohio State

11 Penn State
12 Northwestern
13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

IU is straight trash. I’d put them at 9 or 10.

ADVERTISEMENT