Maryland
Minnesota
Purdue
Iowa
Northwestern
Penn State
Rutgers
Illinois

Are we placing too much value on Wisconsin right now?
Based on their last game and this one vs Minny I'd say yes. Purdue seems to be moving up a bit. They have performed very well these last couple games. Still not out of their rough stretch of games yet, but a double digit win vs a ranked team helps. I'd place them 5th or 6th in conference right now.

As of now I'd list them like this:

UM
Michigan State
Ohio State
Indiana
Minnesota
Purdue
Maryland
Nebraska
Wisconsin
Iowa
Northwestern
Penn State
Illinois
Rutgers

Admittedly I'm basing my rank of Wisconsin on the last two games.

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
MD, despite by far being the youngest team in the B1G, is clearly top 4 team in confernce.
Destroyed Minny on the road.
That is all

Reactions: Terps1ACC2
I’m a bit of a coin flip on UM/MSU forone at the moment. Yes, UM is undefeated, but MSU has played just as good if not better in Big Ten, and is higher in Kenpom (which doesn’t mean anything)

Would probably still take UM by a smidge, but it’s gotten quite a bit closer

Michigan
MSU
Maryland
Indiana
OSU
Wisconsin
Nebraska
Minnesota
Purdue
Iowa
Northwestern
Penn State
Rutgers
Illinois

Last edited:
Reactions: KisteK
Didn't a Purdue fan say he would be the second leading scorer behind Edwards?

might have been me. i predicted he'd be our 3rd leading scorer (after CE and Cline) and that he'd be close to double digits ppg. whoops.

(he started off the first 10 games or so at this level, but he's really dropped off since. was having a pretty damn good game last night (5 and 2 in the first 10 min or so) but got injured and didn't play the rest of the night.

Reactions: SNU0821
might have been me. i predicted he'd be our 3rd leading scorer (after CE and Cline) and that he'd be close to double digits ppg. whoops.

(he started off the first 10 games or so at this level, but he's really dropped off since. was having a pretty damn good game last night (5 and 2 in the first 10 min or so) but got injured and didn't play the rest of the night.
Same kind of thing has happened with Fitzner at IU. Looked great against the lower competition. His defense (lack of) was exposed once we got to more serious teams and his minutes have gone down.

Reactions: BoilerExpress
@otte21

Evan Boudreaux trough 4 conference games:

4.5ppg
2.8rpg
0.5apg

Yikes
Yeah he just isn’t a 5 in the big ten, too small and not athletic enough. He’s been in a slump on the offensive end too but he can still help stretch defenses and he’s been a good passer. Also got hurt last game like 5 minutes into it. Trevion Williams taking over more playing time with his play certainly won’t help Boudreaux either.

Yeah he just isn’t a 5 in the big ten, too small and not athletic enough. He’s been in a slump on the offensive end too but he can still help stretch defenses and he’s been a good passer. Also got hurt last game like 5 minutes into it. Trevion Williams taking over more playing time with his play certainly won’t help Boudreaux either.

I’m glad you realize it now.

Reactions: MGC_07
Michigan
MSU

OSU
Indiana
Maryland
Wisconsin
Nebraska

Purdue
Minnesota
Iowa

Northwestern
Penn St

Illinois
Rutgers
@Da_Bull
Even though Purdue already beat Maryland and Iowa decisively?

Edit: Meant to quote Da_Bull's list. Sorry SNU, this is reasonable.

Last edited:
@Da_Bull
Even though Purdue already beat Maryland and Iowa decisively?

Yes in terms of power rankings, not necessarily how they'll finish. Iowa got a win against Penn State and Nebraska, Purdue before with a loss to texas and Notre dame before. Maryland wins against Nebraska and Minnesota.

At Maryland and we're down our starting PG and backup center. Maryland is a pretty decent team.
Ahhhh there it is. I knew there had to be something. I havent been keeping up this year. Well, was asking for gambling purposes sounds like Id best stay away. I didnt think Maryland's home court advantage could have been that big a factor Laughing

Ahhhh there it is. I knew there had to be something. I havent been keeping up this year. Well, was asking for gambling purposes sounds like Id best stay away. I didnt think Maryland's home court advantage could have been that big a factor Laughing

It mainly depends on which Devonte Green shows up, not something i'd gamble on. IU either wins or its close and they foul late. How many pts is IU getting?

Their home court advantage is 5th in the B10 per Kenpom. Just outside top 50 overall.

It mainly depends on which Devonte Green shows up, not something i'd gamble on. IU either wins or its close and they foul late. How many pts is IU getting?
Spread is IU +5 right now. I thought it was odd, but like I said Ive been on full football mode. Only just beginning to catch up and get a feel for this years CBB teams. It really struck me as odd, I thought I saw some free money here but knew something had to be amiss. Now I see why.

Also, excuse me, above I said Purdue at Michigan when its Wisconsin. Sorry. Anyone have any advice on that one? Gut says Wiscy at home, but Purdue is getting +2.5.

I'd go Wisconsin/Indiana if i had to but thats the fan in me.

MRVZRSHZDFEXMAS.20180525201322-1200x488.jpg

Bad beat meaningless 3 at the end though will get you old school B1G loving boys the win +5

Reactions: bMORE607
A 2 point win at home is a pretty liberal usage of the word “decisively”

Compare their resumes. It’s not crazy to think Maryland is better.
The describer "decisively" wasn't meant to be attributed to the Maryland win, but the Iowa one only.

ADVERTISEMENT