ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 10 POWER RANKINGS

The top 5 team barely won at home so it clearly diminishes your win.

giphy.gif

Michigan at home should have by more that 2. but oh well winning ugly is still a win.

looking to next year, Cook is talking about coming back and Patrick McCaffrey is shooting 60% from the field and is up to 47% from 3 after shooting 26% from 3 as a JR, other stats 13 rpb and 6 bpg.

his AAU coach had him play the PG, SG, SF, PF and the center depending on who they faced. his HS coach uses him specifically at the 3 on offense and on the other teams best guard on defense as he is the best defender on the team.

his HS team is in the top 5 in the states largest class.

Pat is replacing Baer in the roster.

also Foster was at the Iowa/Illinois game, its a instate battle between Iowa and ISU.

What does next year have to do with power rankings currently? Focus damnit.

Michigan at home should have by more that 2. but oh well winning ugly is still a win.

looking to next year, Cook is talking about coming back and Patrick McCaffrey is shooting 60% from the field and is up to 47% from 3 after shooting 26% from 3 as a JR, other stats 13 rpb and 6 bpg.

his AAU coach had him play the PG, SG, SF, PF and the center depending on who they faced. his HS coach uses him specifically at the 3 on offense and on the other teams best guard on defense as he is the best defender on the team.

also Foster was at the Iowa/Illinois game, its a instate battle between Iowa and ISU.

Twice as much as you beat Pittsburgh at home by.

Reactions: jwardelt
But we aren’t talking about next year. We are talking about NOW
now Iowa has all their players fully healthy and that 1-3-1 zone has made all the difference as they no longer follow a player as the simply follow him until he enters another's zone.

Twice as much as you beat Pittsburgh at home by.
Pitt is 12-7 compared to last season when they finished @ 8-24 that = a 4 win total improvement with 13 more games to go. right now they are rated #76 by BPI quite the turnaround in one year. and that is playing in the ACC.

OH
What happened when Minnesota played Iowa today?
I don't know maybe Minnesota played a better game, Iowa has never done well on the Gopher home court. no matter how good Iowa or how bad Minnesota is Iowa always struggle, just like Minnesota struggles in Carver,

to me though the biggest play of the game is when Cook did to much on that a play that would/could have cut the lead down to 2, he had the open man to pass too and yet he went all one man. considering Iowa was down 16 with 6+ minutes to go and how they responded is/was very refreshing to see after last season.

my only comlaint is about the flopping that went on. this needs to be addressed in the off season. in the NBA flops result in 'T's' being called.

this should happen in college has well. to many games that I watch the flopper gets the call.

Huh? I mean, why are you talking about next year? Hell IU has lost a 100 straight, and I ain't ready to talk about next year...Baseball, maybe. But not next year.

You are an odd fella...

Doing this @boilerzz style:

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan

3. Purdue

4. Maryland
5. Wisconsin
6. Minnesota
7. Iowa
8. Ohio State
9. Nebraska

10. Rutgers
11. Northwestern
12. Illinois
13. Indiana

14. Penn State
Hey....we beat Illinois and NW. Should be 11th...WTF, man? I mean take off your Purdue goggles and see IU for what they are----And that's fvking 11th.:oops:

BTW....IU is still projected as a 9 seed.:D

01 Michigan (19-1, 8-1)
02 Michigan St (18-3, 9-1)
03 Purdue (14-6, 7-2)
04 Wisconsin (14-6, 6-3)
05 Maryland (16-5, 7-3)
06 Iowa (16-5, 5-5)
07 Ohio St (13-6, 3-5)
08 Nebraska (13-7, 3-6)
09 Minnesota (15-5, 5-4)
10 Indiana (12-8, 3-6)
11 Northwestern (12-8, 3-6)
12 Rutgers (10-9, 3-6)
13 Penn St (7-13, 0-9)
14 Illinois (6-14, 2-7)

01 Michigan (19-1, 8-1)
02 Michigan St (18-3, 9-1)
03 Purdue (14-6, 7-2)
04 Wisconsin (14-6, 6-3)
05 Maryland (16-5, 7-3)
06 Iowa (16-5, 5-5)
07 Ohio St (13-6, 3-5)
08 Nebraska (13-7, 3-6)
09 Minnesota (15-5, 5-4)
10 Indiana (12-8, 3-6)
11 Northwestern (12-8, 3-6)
12 Rutgers (10-9, 3-6)
13 Penn St (7-13, 0-9)
14 Illinois (6-14, 2-7)
No way is Iowa that high

I already admitted to being wrong
then stop whining when somebody/anybody post something positive about the Hawks
their losses to date
H Wisconsin
@ MSU
@ Purdue
H MSU
@ Minnesota

there are no bad losses in that group, considering last year they have the ones they should and stole 2 road games to keep them on pace to finish 10-10 and 21-10.

with the conference looking at 8-10 teams in the NCAAT Iowa is sitting quite nicely after 2 years of not going its nice, another way of looking at it

this will make the 4th NCAAT in the last 6 seasons. this after rebuilding the mess left by Lick and Alford in his 1st 3 seasons.

even under Lute and Dr.Tom couldn't just get anybody they wanted to commit.

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
then stop whining when somebody/anybody post something positive about the Hawks
their losses to date
H Wisconsin
@ MSU
@ Purdue
H MSU
@ Minnesota

there are no bad losses in that group, considering last year they have the ones they should and stole 2 road games to keep them on pace to finish 10-10 and 21-10.

with the conference looking at 8-10 teams in the NCAAT Iowa is sitting quite nicely after 2 years of not going its nice, another way of looking at it

this will make the 4th NCAAT in the last 6 seasons. this after rebuilding the mess left by Lick and Alford in his 1st 3 seasons.

even under Lute and Dr.Tom couldn't just get anybody they wanted to commit.
Will do. Hopefully we can get 1 of these next 2. As good as the BIG is, going 0-4 in a 4 game stretch is brutal no matter who you play. Go Hawks

the problem is that Iowa historically has struggled @ Minnesota and Indiana and have not won all that often against MSU or Michigan, this was going to be a real tough 4 game stretch.
the next 6 looks to be more manageable stretch
H NW
@ Rutgers
H MD
H Indiana
@OSU
H Rutgers

Reactions: iowahawkeyes69
the problem is that Iowa historically has struggled @ Minnesota and Indiana and have not won all that often against MSU or Michigan, this was going to be a real tough 4 game stretch.
the next 6 looks to be more manageable stretch
H NW
@ Rutgers
H MD
H Indiana
@OSU
H Rutgers
At least 5-1 hopefully in that bottom list

How is that Indiana and Nebraska are still in Lunardi's bracketology? 3-7 in conference play? Indiana's best conference win was against Northwestern; Nebraska's best conference win was against Indiana. Mediocre teams being rewarded for playing in a good conference is everything wrong with the selection process. Ideally every at-large could be at least .500 in conference play - but give me 9-11 at the very least. I doubt either team is able to win 6 of their final 10 games.

How is that Indiana and Nebraska are still in Lunardi's bracketology? 3-7 in conference play? Indiana's best conference win was against Northwestern; Nebraska's best conference win was against Indiana. Mediocre teams being rewarded for playing in a good conference is everything wrong with the selection process. Ideally every at-large could be at least .500 in conference play - but give me 9-11 at the very least. I doubt either team is able to win 6 of their final 10 games.
Mostly because they both did very well in the OCC schedule. The B10 is brutal this year. There isn't a walk through game in the conference. Rutgers is the lowest rated team from the B10 on Kenpom at 89.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT