8. Michigan State
9. Penn State
10. Indiana
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Exactly how do you know how good Pitt or bad Pitt is? Enlighten us. They start 3 freshmen and their top players are freshmen and transfers that didn't even play at Pitt last year outside Wilson-Frame.

You are the expert on Pitt basketball now? 7 games into the season Pitt beat the preseason A-10 favorite on a neutral floor and lost by 1 point on the road against an undefeated Iowa team that blasted UConn and Oregon right out of the gym.

Are you being facetious? Everyone thinks Stallings still coaches at Pitt and this is the same team as last year when last years players and starters don't even play. All 5 starters from last year, changed and don't start any more. 3 Transferred and left the team.

Whats your opinion on North Carolina? Im quite familiar with Cam Johnson, he played at Pitt and is Carolina's leading scorer. If Kerwin Roach can roast North Carolina's defense from Texas, just wait until Xavier Johnson plays them in Pitt's first ACC game January 5th. Johnson is going to tear that defense apart and then, my friend, you are going to realize Pitt's freshmen are far better then you or anyone thought. Unless of course, Carolina isn't any good too.

Cutting up Iowa because of Pitt is pathetic. Pitts freshmen are going to surprise and beat a lot of people this year, mark it down because some people are going to get their eyes opened up real soon when conference play starts

Calm down. I like Pitt. I think they'll be very solid. I could see them winning 17-20 games, which is obviously a huge improvement. I'm personally hoping they make the NCAA Tournament. That would be pretty cool to see a 180 turn-around.

Iowa is a decent team, but I'm not sold that they're the cream of the crop in the conference. I think they're a top 40 team. Maybe a 7-10 seed in the tournament. But they ain't winning the Big Ten.

Boom. Well said. Pitt has some great young talent.

The arrogance of some fans is funny. They think cheering for a good team makes them smarter.

Are you serious? Look what you wrote just yesterday.

Iowa is going to kick the ever living shit out of Pitt.

Compare your statement with what I previously said, which I believe is actually complimentary.

Make no mistake, this is not the same Pitt team from last year. 5 of their top 7 players are guys that are new to the program. 3 freshmen (all starting) coupled with two transfers (Ellison starts and Ndir is coming off the bench). I'm not sure they're an NCAA Tournament team, but they won't be a push-over like they were last year. Several of the guys can jump out of the gym (McGowens, Johnson, Ndir).

Last years team couldn't shoot or defend - and they had very limited athletic ability. This team is much, much better. I think they could win 17-20 games this year, maybe an NIT bid. Would be cool to see them make the dance, though, after going 0-18 in the ACC last year.

1. Wisconsin
2. Michigan
3. Purdue
4. Nebraska
5. Ohio State
6. Maryland
7. Iowa
8. Michigan State
9. Penn State
10. Indiana
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers
You gave up on Illinois so badly, tht you didn't even rank them?:eek:

Also, I'd be willing to bet on three things here:
1. Absolutely NO WAY MSU finishes 8th. Talk about digging in....
2. Wisconsin is not better than Michigan. Not now. Not next week, or month.

2. A healthy Indiana doesn't finish 10th. Morgans health is vital. Reports are, nothing to serious. This teams progress has been hampered by injuries. Close to getting healthy. And if Morgan doesn't miss extended time, I'll happily put IU within the Top 5.

But, really man. MSU 8th? C'mon, now. And you really think Wisky is better than Michigan? Really? I'm not so sure there are 4 teams better in the country, than them. Much less Wisconsin.

I'm being facetious, obviously. If Pitt is able to go toe-to-toe on the road against the best team in the Big Ten, seems like they would fare okay in the conference.

Now, I don't believe Pitt would actually be a contender - nor do I think Iowa is the best team in the league. I would be surprised if Iowa finishes in the top 5, to be honest.
The absolute worst thing is that you legitimately had to explain yourself to him. I really don't think he caught that the only reason you made your post was to bring attention to how bad his was.

Exactly how do you know how good Pitt or bad Pitt is? Enlighten us. They start 3 freshmen and their top players are freshmen and transfers that didn't even play at Pitt last year outside Wilson-Frame.

You are the expert on Pitt basketball now? 7 games into the season Pitt beat the preseason A-10 favorite on a neutral floor and lost by 1 point on the road against an undefeated Iowa team that blasted UConn and Oregon right out of the gym.

Are you being facetious? Everyone thinks Stallings still coaches at Pitt and this is the same team as last year when last years players and starters don't even play. All 5 starters from last year, changed and don't start any more. 3 Transferred and left the team.

Whats your opinion on North Carolina? Im quite familiar with Cam Johnson, he played at Pitt and is Carolina's leading scorer. If Kerwin Roach can roast North Carolina's defense from Texas, just wait until Xavier Johnson plays them in Pitt's first ACC game January 5th. Johnson is going to tear that defense apart and then, my friend, you are going to realize Pitt's freshmen are far better then you or anyone thought. Unless of course, Carolina isn't any good too.

Cutting up Iowa because of Pitt is pathetic. Pitts freshmen are going to surprise and beat a lot of people this year, mark it down because some people are going to get their eyes opened up real soon when conference play starts
@dukedevilz , I bet when you made your original post you never thought you'd actually have to explain it to 2 people? I'm starting to wonder how some of the people who post on here knows how to turn on their computer.

Are you regretting making the OP yet?

Reactions: dukedevilz
@dukedevilz , I bet when you made your original post you never thought you'd actually have to explain it to 2 people? I'm starting to wonder how some of the people who post on here knows how to turn on their computer.

Are you regretting making the OP yet?

lol it was kind of funny how a relatively innocent comment got blown up a bit. I certainly wasn't expecting to give a full explanation of my intent and the rationale of my thought process.

Purdue is good. I think IU is better, but Purdue is a good team. I don’t think it’s crazy to put them in the same category. They’ll be fringe top 25 all year and a tough out. We haven’t had a tough time against top 25 teams this year, though ;)

As of right now, I don’t hate Purdue with 100% of my passion. We’ll see if that changes after we play each other, (as it usually does) but as of now, I don’t really hate anyone. If we win, I still won’t hesitate to make fun of Purdue, but right now I’m too busy cheering for IU SmokinSmile

Here are my new rankings. Note they are power rankings, so I don’t really know if these are the best teams or not.

1. Michigan
2. IU
3. Iowa
4. OSU
5. MSU
6. Purdue
7. Nebraska
8. Wisconsin
9. Maryland
10. Minnesota
11. Nebraska
12. Illinois
13. Penn State
14. Rutgers

I could really see it getting 7 or even 8 teams in this year. Big 10 will be a BLOODBATH and I can’t wait. Honestly, all of the top 6 could be in the top 25 by the end of the year.

I don’t think OSU or Iowa are better than MSU, but they have the better wins so they get the nod.
If I had to put a ranking out there as of right now it would go something like this.

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Wisconsin
4. IU
5. OSU
6. Purdue
7. Iowa
8. Nebraska
9. Maryland
10. Minnesota
11. Northwestern
12. Rutgers
13. Penn St
14. Illinois

There are a lot of interchangeable parts though. Pretty much 4 through 10 are all a toss up at this point. Put them in a blender and you wouldn't be too far off.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
UM
Wisc
Neb
OSU
MSU
IU
Maryland
Purdue
Iowa
Penn State
Northwestern
Minnesota
Rutgers
Illinois

Not sure I buy the OSU stuff, yet. To be honest, I think we haven't seen enough yet from IU, Purdue, Maryland, OSU or Nebraska. UM, Wisconsin and MSU are the top three, IMO. But after that, I am not really sure.

If I had to put a ranking out there as of right now it would go something like this.

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Wisconsin
4. IU
5. OSU
6. Purdue
7. Iowa
8. Nebraska
9. Maryland
10. Minnesota
11. Northwestern
12. Rutgers
13. Penn St
14. Illinois

There are a lot of interchangeable parts though. Pretty much 4 through 10 are all a toss up at this point. Put them in a blender and you wouldn't be too far off.

You watch Iowa last night?

Reactions: jwardelt
Not sure I buy the OSU stuff, yet. To be honest, I think we haven't seen enough yet from IU, Purdue, Maryland, OSU or Nebraska. UM, Wisconsin and MSU are the top three, IMO. But after that, I am not really sure.

I had similar thoughts, but since these are Power Rankings it's hard not to put OSU in the top 4-5. They have some good wins and have looked much better than anticipated.

Reactions: Da_Bull
I had similar thoughts, but since these are Power Rankings it's hard not to put OSU in the top 4-5. They have some good wins and have looked much better than anticipated.

This. For instance, Purdue has 3 losses to good teams but their best win is 77th davidson. OSU with a loss to syracuse but wins against Cincy, Creighton, and Minnesota are all better than Purdue's best win.

This. For instance, Purdue has 3 losses to good teams but their best win is 77th davidson. OSU with a loss to syracuse but wins against Cincy, Creighton, and Minnesota are all better than Purdue's best win.

Purdue is a bubble team imo and Edwards probably wishes he tried his hand at going pro last year.

1. Wisconsin
2. Michigan
3. Purdue
4. Nebraska
5. Ohio State
6. Maryland
7. Iowa
8. Michigan State
9. Penn State
10. Indiana
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

What happened to your super sleeper Illinois and their darkhorse final four contention? They just gonna skip the conference season and go straight to the elite 8?

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Maybe but i think they're a team that can win some games in the tournament with Edwards and Cline.
While I like the idea of Purdue being a bubble team, I think you hit the nail on the head. The tournament is dominated by good guards and they have one of the best. All it takes is him to get hot for a few games and Edwards can carry the team.

You're probably right. I can't say for those other schools but Purdue has some really tough games in this stretch.

Virginia Tech
Robert Morris
Florida St
Michigan
Maryland
Texas
Notre Dame

Ohio
Belmont
Iowa
MSU
Wisconsin

Going to be trial by fire.

Purdue is a bubble team imo and Edwards probably wishes he tried his hand at going pro last year.
If only for their schedule. It's tough. Purdue is better than that though. Kinda early to call them a bubble team when 2 of their 3 losses should have been wins vs top 16 ACC teams.

I know they didn't, which is why I have them where I do. They were ranked 14th in the country but I wasn't buying that.

Just pencil them in for 10th. That’s where they’ll end up. Still don’t play defense. Fran is still corch.

Just pencil them in for 10th. That’s where they’ll end up. Still don’t play defense. Fran is still corch.

Iowa has averaged a 6th place B1G finish under Fran, him having them at 7th is pretty fair.

Fun game last night! Michigan is the better team, but NW certainly has some fight in them! I might be watching a lot of Big Ten Basketball this year. I caved in a little before the season started and got the Big Ten Network. Good choice, I'm thinking.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT