ADVERTISEMENT

BIG 10 POWER RANKINGS

Does everyone have early conference games?

Vs Pitt
Vs Wisconsin
@ MSU .
Vs Iowa State
Vs UNI in Des Moines

Is going to be tough stretch for Iowa this early in the season.

Vs Pitt
Vs Wisconsin
@ MSU .
Vs Iowa State
Vs UNI in Des Moines

Yes they started it when they expanded schedule

Vs Pitt
Vs Wisconsin
@ MSU .
Vs Iowa State
Vs UNI in Des Moines

Its crazy. IU has Duke, Northwestern, Penn State, Louisville, Butler...:eek:

Reactions: CO_hawk
Told you 34 was way too low.

Eh. I think you're right. Michigan's defense is arguably the best in the country... I just gotta say, every time I see Brazdeikis, I think of Kyle Singler. They look similar and have somewhat similar skillsets.

Im not all that sure that Marquette is actually good this year. They dont play defense and lost a high usage offensive player.
Is that why they were up on Kansas at half before falling in a close game in the 2nd half? Or their win over Louisville?
Thats what some of these dummies that go around quoting me trying to pick an argument all the time forgets, that its ok to disagree.
ForgetS? But yeah, we’re the dummies. Given your B1G predictions, you really don’t know much of anything about the conference.

UM
MSU
Indiana(think they will improve)
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Penn State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

I struggled putting Iowa 7th. Big Ten just so deep this year.

Reactions: SNU0821
UM
MSU
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Penn State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

I think this is fair. However, I’m torn after UM and MSU. I think both have shown to be the best teams, so far. But after that, IU, Wisky, Purdue, OSU, Iowa (barf) and Maryland all could end up in any order, it seems.

I think this is fair. However, I’m torn after UM and MSU. I think both have shown to be the best teams, so far. But after that, IU, Wisky, Purdue, OSU, Iowa (barf) and Maryland all could end up in any order, it seems.
Yeah, middle is so hard to predict. Better to just flip a coin with them, honestly.

I think UM and MSU are roughly equally skilled teams, or pretty much on the same level. I got UM 1st because I think they win both head to heads against MSU. MSU is a terrible matchup vs. UM.

Their biggest strength on offense is our biggest area of weakness on defense , dribble drive and attacking the basket. UM’s defense will also give us fits.

other than duke, that's really not that hard. northwestern and penn state are awful
Well, I had to include them. Plus, they are conference games. Conference games are always tough. Teams are familiar with you. I agree both are bad. But still, conference games are a different animal. Louisville game is at home. But they are not bad, really. Butler is Butler. No, its not that bad. But it ain't that easy, either. Especially now with our injuries.

UM
MSU
Ohio State
Purdue
Wisconsin
Iowa
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Penn State
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

By improve, you mean "get healthy", right?

Updated:

1. Iowa
2. Michigan
3. Ohio St
4. Michigan St
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. PSU
8. Indiana
9. Purdue
10. Wisconsin
11. Minnesota
12. IL
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

Updated:

1. Iowa
2. Michigan
3. Ohio St
4. Michigan St
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. PSU
8. Indiana
9. Purdue
10. Wisconsin
11. Minnesota
12. IL
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers
You drunk? Only explanation on this bad of a power ranking...

Updated:

1. Iowa
2. Michigan
3. Ohio St
4. Michigan St
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. PSU
8. Indiana
9. Purdue
10. Wisconsin
11. Minnesota
12. IL
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

If this ranking is accurate, I think we can surmise that Pitt could compete for a Big Ten title.

Reactions: tw3301
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board

I'm being facetious, obviously. If Pitt is able to go toe-to-toe on the road against the best team in the Big Ten, seems like they would fare okay in the conference.

Now, I don't believe Pitt would actually be a contender - nor do I think Iowa is the best team in the league. I would be surprised if Iowa finishes in the top 5, to be honest.

1. Michigan
2. Michigan State
3. Nebraska
4. Ohio State
5. Indiana
6. Purdue
7. Wisconsin
8. Maryland
9. Penn State
10. Iowa
11. Minnesota
12.Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

I'm being facetious, obviously. If Pitt is able to go toe-to-toe on the road against the best team in the Big Ten, seems like they would fare okay in the conference.

Now, I don't believe Pitt would actually be a contender - nor do I think Iowa is the best team in the league. I would be surprised if Iowa finishes in the top 5, to be honest.

You also don’t think Michigan is a top 30 team.

1. Michigan
2. Michigan State
3. Nebraska
4. Ohio State
5. Indiana
6. Purdue
7. Wisconsin
8. Maryland
9. Penn State
10. Iowa
11. Minnesota
12.Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

1. Michigan
2. Purdue
3. Nebraska
4. Michigan State
5. Wisconsin
6. Ohio State
7. Maryland
8. Iowa
9. Minnesota
10. Indiana
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

You all are going to be real surprised by Nebraska this year. Michigan State is not as strong as they have been in the past. No idea why Indiana is getting any love.

You also don’t think Michigan is a top 30 team.

Touché. I was very skeptical of their perimeter shooting, I will admit. I was wrong on Michigan. They look like a Final Four contender. And Brazdeikis is on a tear. That guy can ball.

I'm ready to go ahead an take my avatar punishment whenever you want to include the pic.

Exactly how do you know how good Pitt or bad Pitt is? Enlighten us. They start 3 freshmen and their top players are freshmen and transfers that didn't even play at Pitt last year outside Wilson-Frame.

You are the expert on Pitt basketball now? 7 games into the season Pitt beat the preseason A-10 favorite on a neutral floor and lost by 1 point on the road against an undefeated Iowa team that blasted UConn and Oregon right out of the gym.

Are you being facetious? Everyone thinks Stallings still coaches at Pitt and this is the same team as last year when last years players and starters don't even play. All 5 starters from last year, changed and don't start any more. 3 Transferred and left the team.

Whats your opinion on North Carolina? Im quite familiar with Cam Johnson, he played at Pitt and is Carolina's leading scorer. If Kerwin Roach can roast North Carolina's defense from Texas, just wait until Xavier Johnson plays them in Pitt's first ACC game January 5th. Johnson is going to tear that defense apart and then, my friend, you are going to realize Pitt's freshmen are far better then you or anyone thought. Unless of course, Carolina isn't any good too.

Cutting up Iowa because of Pitt is pathetic. Pitts freshmen are going to surprise and beat a lot of people this year, mark it down because some people are going to get their eyes opened up real soon when conference play starts

Exactly how do you know how good Pitt or bad Pitt is? Enlighten us. They start 3 freshmen and their top players are freshmen and transfers that didn't even play at Pitt last year outside Wilson-Frame.

You are the expert on Pitt basketball now? 7 games into the season Pitt beat the preseason A-10 favorite on a neutral floor and lost by 1 point on the road against an undefeated Iowa team that blasted UConn and Oregon right out of the gym.

Are you being facetious? Everyone thinks Stallings still coaches at Pitt and this is the same team as last year when last years players and starters don't even play. All 5 starters from last year, changed and don't start any more. 3 Transferred and left the team.

Whats your opinion on North Carolina? Im quite familiar with Cam Johnson, he played at Pitt and is Carolina's leading scorer. If Kerwin Roach can roast North Carolina's defense from Texas, just wait until Xavier Johnson plays them in Pitt's first ACC game January 5th. Johnson is going to tear that defense apart and then, my friend, you are going to realize Pitt's freshmen are far better then you or anyone thought. Unless of course, Carolina isn't any good too.

Cutting up Iowa because of Pitt is pathetic. Pitts freshmen are going to surprise and beat a lot of people this year, mark it down because some people are going to get their eyes opened up real soon when conference play starts

Boom. Well said. Pitt has some great young talent.

The arrogance of some fans is funny. They think cheering for a good team makes them smarter.

ADVERTISEMENT