ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor vs KU

toonces11

Mar 3, 2010
Team
Kansas
We will allow Baylor to have a dream year.....ending in AFH?

Hard to imagine they’d have a lead with Agbaji missing every jumper. He needs to heat up.

Unfortunately DMac has not shown himself to be able to stay out of foul trouble. Some games he can’t make it 5 minutes without picking up his 2nd..

Yeah, but I’d rather see Wilson at the 5 than Lightfoot.

Rarely do you see a player actually regress in his 5th year, but I think he’s pulled it off.

Terrible ****ing call. Brauns back is turned and dude jumps into him on a putback

Man, KU is winning this game because they have been better but these last two block/charge calls that have gone against Baylor were pretty questionable. .

Reactions: speedfrk
I like the way KU has looked lately though. Definitely the best of the blue bloods by a lot.

Man, KU is winning this game because they have been better but these last two block/charge calls that have gone against Baylor were pretty questionable. .
Both should be no calls. Certainly not charges...and most likely not blocks.

Both should be no calls. Certainly not charges...and most likely not blocks.

I would agree on no calls but it is ridiculous to call one a charge, that had barely any contact, and the other a push just so you don't have to actually make the correct call (by the books). I just despise the call. It allows officials to influence the game and let the crowd and momentum give them a copout for being awful.

i know a former player that went against baylor in the tournament and he said tons of other coaches/teams were sending them film and scouting reports on baylor out of nowhere. not a popular guy 😂

That is extremely well known among recruiting circles. Drew is well hated among coaches and it’s because he’s been known to be a snitch and a cry baby.

We are far from perfect and have many flaws but we have definitely improved. I’ve seen a different kind of effort from these guys. Effort and rebounding goes a long way for this team.

Congrats to Kansas fans. Though all the bluebloods have had to battle unique circumstances, Kansas is the only one to rise above and prove they are the bluest of the blue. Nice win.

We are far from perfect and have many flaws but we have definitely improved. I’ve seen a different kind of effort from these guys. Effort and rebounding goes a long way for this team.
Crazy thing is we’ve mostly done it via hustle and good defense. Cause we still aren’t shooting it well from deep, as our best two shooters are really struggling right now. If we were shooting like early in the season but playing defense like we are now, then I’d say we could really make some noise in the tourney.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Lol, did he really say that? That's weak. Just congratulate KU and move on.
I thought the same thing last night. I read where Drew made those comments but I didn't see the actual comments themselves until a little while ago. Yes.....yes, Scott Drew really went there. I clearly understand now why Scott Drew is not well liked around the game.

Reactions: speedfrk
Crazy thing is we’ve mostly done it via hustle and good defense. Cause we still aren’t shooting it well from deep, as our best two shooters are really struggling right now. If we were shooting like early in the season but playing defense like we are now, then I’d say we could really make some noise in the tourney.
Completely agree. Right now it is pure effort and defense. Again we aren’t some great defensive team but we do have length and have a few guys that are pretty good defenders but at the end of the day it is pure effort. At the same time we have improved our defense of rotations which has helped too. We definitely are a better shooting team than we’ve shown as of late. Perhaps we are going to put that together in March.

We have definitely placed an emphasis on rebounding but we have been good at that all year for the most part.

We are definitely going to labor to score at times but if we can continue to put forth the effort rebounding and defensively we can probably play with anyone.

Reactions: Turinturumbar
Great win. Baylor had their covid makeup game vs ISU. Pure bs for drew to keep using it as an excuse.

Reactions: cdbearde
Great win. Baylor had their covid makeup game vs ISU. Pure bs for drew to keep using it as an excuse.
Agreed. They’ve played 18 games before and have been practicing all season with a experienced team. It isn’t a bunch of freshman playing their first season of college basketball

Agreed. They’ve played 18 games before and have been practicing all season with a experienced team. It isn’t a bunch of freshman playing their first season of college basketball

I mean I get it the impact it has, see our games vs wisky and unc, but you said it, second game back, same team from last year minus Gillespie. They just got out worked. KU wanted it more.

Geeze saw a bit of an extended interview and add snowstorm to the list of excuses other than Kansas that beat Baylor. Just own it.

ADVERTISEMENT