ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor vs KU

Great win. Baylor had their covid makeup game vs ISU. Pure bs for drew to keep using it as an excuse.
They almost lost to ISU too, the worst power conference team in basketball by far. This isn't the same team it was before a 3-week covid pause and everyone can see that. You don't just go three weeks without practicing and pick up right where you left off.

Reactions: cdbearde
Understood, we’ve done it twice, got smacked around twice. But one game should get it out of your system.So how long does it take then?

Michigan can step out of a pause and win @ohio state but we are supposed to make excuses for Baylor in their second game back.

I mean I get it, just found it bush league to not recognize Kansas for out working them.

Understood, we’ve done it twice, got smacked around twice. But one game should get it out of your system.So how long does it take then?

Michigan can step out of a pause and win @ohio state but we are supposed to make excuses for Baylor in their second game back.

True, but maybe Michigan is just better than Baylor...

I still think Baylor is really good, just have a hard time blaming covid 100% and not crediting Kansas any.

I mean I get it, just found it bush league to not recognize Kansas for out working them.
Ohio State was Michigan's 3rd game back after less than a 2 week pause.

It really isn’t a fair compairson though bc Michigan got to practice, their pause was campus wide if I got my facts straight.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Hell to think about it it isn’t fair to lump all these pause in as the same anyways bc we no which players were positive and how it affected them.

I got it in Jan but would have never known if I didn’t smoke cigs occasionally and they smelled tasted bad. And my tropical train wreck thc cart didn’t taste right either.

damn my mistake. It was @ wisky wasn’t it. Bc we had the same game after our pause except we lost by 40.
Yeah, it was Wisky. Typically that's one of the toughest places to win, but they've lost their last 3 home games and 4 of the last 5. Granted, those games were against OSU, Michigan, Iowa, and Illinois.

Hell to think about it it isn’t fair to lump all these pause in as the same anyways bc we no which players were positive and how it affected them.

I got it in Jan but would have never known if I didn’t smoke cigs occasionally and they smelled tasted bad. And my tropical train wreck thc cart didn’t taste right either.
Yep, some programs shut it all down. Baylor didn't practice or work out the whole time. Same with Louisville, right?

He sucks. I understand why coaches don’t like him when he says shit like this.

Between comments like this, the way he recruits and his general little man syndrome it’s pretty clear why he’s disliked by so many.

It’s a shame because there have been some guys come through baylor that I liked but could never make myself do anything ing but root against baylor because drew is such a chode

They almost lost to ISU too, the worst power conference team in basketball by far. This isn't the same team it was before a 3-week covid pause and everyone can see that. You don't just go three weeks without practicing and pick up right where you left off.
Lol. Really?

You really seem to know your stuff. Laughing
Obviously you don't, if you think a team should come back without skipping a beat after not practicing for 3 weeks. We're not talking about over 40 Saturday church league basketball. 😆

Obviously you don't, if you think a team should come back without skipping a beat after not practicing for 3 weeks. We're not talking about over 40 Saturday church league basketball. 😆
See Michigan. They did it. Beat a top 25 in first game back by 8 on the road.

See Michigan. They did it. Beat a top 25 in first game back by 8 on the road.
So your conclusion is that because Michigan returned from a 2-week pause and won a basketball game (against a team that has lost 3 in a row at home and will no longer be a top 25 team tomorrow) then that means 3 weeks off without practice or individual workouts should have no effect on how a team plays? It's just like that 3 weeks without any basketball activity never even happened? That tells me all I need to know about you. Thanks.

So your conclusion is that because Michigan returned from a 2-week pause and won a basketball game (against a team that has lost 3 in a row at home and will no longer be a top 25 team tomorrow) then that means 3 weeks off without practice or individual workouts should have no effect on how a team plays? It's just like that 3 weeks without any basketball activity never even happened? That tells me all I need to know about you. Thanks.
RollLaugh

Michigan had 22 days off between games.
Baylor had 20 days off between games.

Reactions: KUhawks34
RollLaugh

Michigan had 22 days off between games.
Baylor had 20 days off between games.
*My study concludes that 3 weeks off with no basketball activities should show zero negative effects for a high major basketball program. They could even take 4 months off, if necessary, and come back stronger than ever.

Great hypothesis, young lad!!! RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Reactions: toonces11
*My study concludes that 3 weeks off with no basketball activities should show zero negative effects for a high major basketball program. They could even take 4 months off, if necessary, and come back stronger than ever.

Great hypothesis, young lad!!! RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh
Yikes

Reactions: KUhawks34
Yep, some programs shut it all down. Baylor didn't practice or work out the whole time. Same with Louisville, right?
Yea I’m pretty sure. Carlik didn’t play the wisky game but sat on the bench, that’s just to stupid to even speculate about so who knows. I mean he was def out for covid protocol but allowed to sit on bench. Makes no sense to me, but much of it doesn’t.

Yea I’m pretty sure. Carlik didn’t play the wisky game but sat on the bench, that’s just to stupid to even speculate about so who knows. I mean he was def out for covid protocol but allowed to sit on bench. Makes no sense to me, but much of it doesn’t.
Hopefully this shit show is over by the start of next season.

Maybe Baylor shouldn’t have cheated the Covid protocols and played games like everyone else does. Karma is rearing its head.

I’m not saying that the break had no impact, but it’s somewhat of a lame excuse. They’ve been practicing again for a week and had a game under their belts. It definitely took them awhile to shake off the rust vs Iowa St, but they outscored them 62-40 after the early hole.

Self is 10-1 in home games vs top 5 teams, and Drew has a late collapse every year.

Having Garrett on Butler for most of the game was a huge factor. He didn’t guard him much in the first meeting and Butler erupted for 30 and shot over 70%.

To be fair, ISU gave them a game in January too. For some reason they seem to struggle with them.

To be fair, ISU gave them a game in January too. For some reason they seem to struggle with them.

Yeah...it was tied with about 9 left in the 2nd half.

As terrible as their record is, Iowa State’s actually played a lot of close games vs good teams.

I’m not saying that the break had no impact, but it’s somewhat of a lame excuse. They’ve been practicing again for a week and had a game under their belts. It definitely took them awhile to shake off the rust vs Iowa St, but they outscored them 62-40 after the early hole.

Self is 10-1 in home games vs top 5 teams, and Drew has a late collapse every year.

Having Garrett on Butler for most of the game was a huge factor. He didn’t guard him much in the first meeting and Butler erupted for 30 and shot over 70%.
I love to see Drew collapse. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. 😆

Yeah...it was tied with about 9 left in the 2nd half.

As terrible as their record is, Iowa State’s actually played a lot of close games vs good teams.
Yeah but when they’re bad, they’re exceptionally bad. We played about as poorly offensively as you can and we still won by 14. How many turnovers did they have? Seemed like it might set a record unless I’m thinking about a different game..

ADVERTISEMENT