ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball officiating may be over for me.

Had an elarged artery that was never an issue playing ball through college. Almost dropped dead a few years back. You still gonna do the elementary and JV games?

I got heart tests done and they said I had a leaky valve with relapse or something and stennosis on another valve.

Went to a cardiologist and he basically said whoever told me that from the results didn't know what they were talking about and that a valve with a little leakage is perfectly normal and that there was no stennosis. Sent me for a stress test just to be safe and they were like, yeah, there is nothing wrong with you.

Moral of story. It might be nothing. Hope so!
I was diagnosed some 4 years ago with PSVT. Its an irregular heartbeat. My heart would go from a normal rate, to about 250-300 BPM. Very dangerous. Had a few procedures. I now take medication. Anyways...started acting up again. So went back. This time found some thickening on my aortic valve. No big issue. Not yet. Only issue is what I already have, and now this, coupled with me officiating. It could be a danger. My visit was encouraging as my doc said he sees nothing that makes him feel officiating could be life threatening, but...........Lets stay on course here, and go slow. SMall schedule. Dont over do it. I go back in early October. SO we shall see.

Had an elarged artery that was never an issue playing ball through college. Almost dropped dead a few years back. You still gonna do the elementary and JV games?
I will, but not as many. Probably just depends on what my week is like. If I have a college game on a Tuesday, HS on a Friday, I probably wouldn't do an elem/JV game in between. Basically right now I'm looking at NO more than 3 games(per week). But TBH, I never really thought about it(JV/MS games). Not as strenous. Low key; for the most part. In the past I;ve done a ton of local MS, elem and JV games. But highly doubtful I do so this year. WHo knows.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT