ADVERTISEMENT

Bama forward Darius Miles charged with capital murder

Wow, I knew something was up, but this I did not fathom.

Really awful situation. Things go from sky being the limit on your prospects for life to possibly ruining your life in a day. Prayers to the family of the person that lost her life.

Reactions: WheelerG
Attempts at humor about this tragedy are not funny at all. Miles may or may not have been the one that shot this poor girl, but several here have already found him guilty. He should not have been in this situation to start with, but lets see what the facts are.

Attempts at humor about this tragedy are not funny at all. Miles may or may not have been the one that shot this poor girl, but several here have already found him guilty. He should not have been in this situation to start with, but lets see what the facts are.
why don't you report us you little biatch?

My joke was funny so go suck a dick.

why don't you report us you little biatch?

My joke was funny so go suck a dick.
Be a piece of shit if you want to. Hide behind your keyboard and saying shit like that makes you a coward.

Be a piece of shit if you want to. Hide behind your keyboard and saying shit like that makes you a coward.
hide behind keyboard? I'll have you know that at lunch today i went made that exact same joke to someone in line at the store. She had no idea who Darius Miles was or what I was talking about but she still gave me a courtesy laugh.

Latest news says Miles provided the gun "immediately" before the shooting and the other guy was the shooter.

Latest news says Miles provided the gun "immediately" before the shooting and the other guy was the shooter.
Yes, just saw that .Miles is still in deep trouble, but a least he wasn't the shooter.

I had a buddy who was the driver in a drive by who killed someone. He served a few years but not as many as the shooter. Still, a few years is a few years. I was with him once when he pulled a gun on some guys who were staring at us or something and I was pretty much done hanging out with him much after that.

I had a buddy who was the driver in a drive by who killed someone. He served a few years but not as many as the shooter. Still, a few years is a few years. I was with him once when he pulled a gun on some guys who were staring at us or something and I was pretty much done hanging out with him much after that.
That is where the lines get blurred. How can you definitively prove the driver knew the shooting was going to happen or even that his passenger had a gun?

In this case, it sounds like Miles possessed the gun and willingly gave it to his buddy during this altercation or in the immediate aftermath of it. Obviously he knew the guy intended to use it. That will be hard to defend.

I'm no lawyer, but I've heard about plenty of cases like this before and the accomplice is just as guilty of the murder in the eyes of the law.
I am a lawyer, but know very little about criminal law. I think you're talking about felony murder rule which means that if you are participating in a felony with someone and they murder somebody you are just as guilty. Like if they were robbing the person and the victim got shot.

Might be a l little different in this situation depending on facts. Like if the guy asked for the gun for no apparent reason, other guy gave it to him and then minutes later the fight breaks out and the shooting happens....that might be a scenario where Bama guy isn't in that much trouble. But if the fight started and the Bama guy was like here have a gun and then he shot someone he could be right back in ****edville.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That is where the lines get blurred. How can you definitively prove the driver knew the shooting was going to happen or even that his passenger had a gun?

In this case, it sounds like Miles possessed the gun and willingly gave it to his buddy during this altercation or in the immediate aftermath of it. Obviously he knew the guy intended to use it. That will be hard to defend.

Yeah, that's tough. It will be hard to get out of that one.

NW is scared to play Iowa huh? Pussies.

No doubt. Pisses me off. They are reeling and have lost 3 in a row and didn't want a 4th.

Their season is teetering right now and they are about to play their way out of the tourney and the coach knows it.

Freaking pussy. They should have to forfiet

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'm no lawyer, but I've heard about plenty of cases like this before and the accomplice is just as guilty of the murder in the eyes of the law.
No doubt he's going to prison, he provided the gun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT