ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans to Kentucky

Point out the claim I made bud? Are you off your meds?
My job isn't to educate you. If you go back to your statement that prompted my response you should be able to figure out that you made a bogus claim. Speaking of meds, you clearly need some. Sounds like you spent all night thinking about getting back into this silly thread.

Last edited:
LOL we see who has gotten rustled and played. Ole banjo is just off his meds. I got no problem with him/her. Anyway who's going to take someone serious who's a fan of Loyloa and Gonzaga geez.
Man, are you so devoid of self esteem that you measure your worth by the success of your team?

Cat fans can do that. Loyola fans can't.:(
Really? You measure your self worth by your team's success? That's sad. And even with the success you have to rationalize how the school is making a mockery of education. Tell me, are you also a fan of Kentucky football? :eek:

Welp, Looks like everybody got a good night's sleep and are ready for round 2 today. People woke up and started swinging! jumpingsmile
I was lucky enough to get introduced to crack and fat titties last night, so I'm ready to go.

Duke is shit without Capel
UNC still has fake classes
Calipari is landing five stars
Bill Self has flipped his wig
MSU is glad a Purdue senior is spreading diseases.
Banjo Boy is still trying to get a rise.

How so? You're probably not aware of this, but you guys comprise an easy target. Must get frustrating losing to less talented teams to end most of your seasons.
You act as though UK is the only one.

While hiding.

You seem proud of your trolling, but it's really not that strong. I'm a huge UK fan and you've not got me once. Step it up a bit and be a little more insulting with some Rupp racist jokes. Maybe some point shaving or even say an envelope opened with 1k in it.

Or you can hide behind other teams.
That's a go to move for a lot of posters.

Last edited:
Reactions: catman111
You really didn't know who Branch McCracken is? For shame, for shame.

So I just had to google Branch McCracken. Born '08 died '70. Seemed like a good basketball player
Man, are you so devoid of self esteem that you measure your worth by the success of your team?

Dude you make no sense. Basketball is only my second favorite sport. I like UK, if they win GREAT! If they don't it's ok, they will win again.

Anyway I'm a baseball man. Now go take your pill and drink your warm milk.

Reactions: AWilli6995
You act as though UK is the only one.

While hiding.
No I don't. I got amusingly attacked just other day by UNC fans for bring up the academic fraud scandal. There was a thread about the bluest of blue bloods and I said that that would have to include Kentucky, UNC, and UCLA, and that when it came to cheating, all were guilty. Just amazing how seriously you fans take this.

So I just had to google Branch McCracken. Born '08 died '70. Seemed like a good basketball player

Dude you make no sense. Basketball is only my second favorite sport. I like UK, if they win GREAT! If they don't it's ok, they will win again.

Anyway I'm a baseball man. Now go take your pill and drink your warm milk.
So what baseball team do you root for?

No I don't. I got amusingly attacked just other day by UNC fans for bring up the academic fraud scandal. There was a thread about the bluest of blue bloods and I said that that would have to include Kentucky, UNC, and UCLA, and that when it came to cheating, all were guilty. Just amazing how seriously you fans take this.
If you re-read everything, You'll notice no one takes this seriously. Well some get personal and try to troll, but most of the regulars just like the entertainment and conversation.

You're an IU fan aren't you?

Reactions: C*A*T*S
If you re-read everything, You'll notice no one takes this seriously.

You're an IU fan aren't you?
I disagree with you about the serious part. My innocent joke about Kentucky losing to Robert Morris went viral.

LOL, nope, despite having some truly great friends who went to Indiana and knowing the editor of Peegs, I don't like IU basketball one lick. Really hope Langford commits to Vandy. BTW, speaking of Indiana, is their still an Indiana-Kentucky high school all star game with Indiana usually gobsmacking Kentucky?

Last edited:
LOL why does it matter? But if you must know the pros - Reds, Red Sox. College - UK. High school - my kids team Woodford.
It doesn't matter at all. I well remember the 1975 WS. Not sure if you were around, but that would have been an emotional trainwreck for you. I love baseball as well. Cubs fan (an occupational hazard of growing up in the north burbs of Chicago). My youngest son was a good high school pitcher, once threw a no hitter. It would have been a perfect game if the putz didn't make an error. :(

It doesn't matter at all. I well remember the 1975 WS. Not sure if you were around, but that would have been an emotional trainwreck for you. I love baseball as well. Cubs fan (an occupational hazard of growing up in the north burbs of Chicago). My youngest son was a good high school pitcher, once threw a no hitter. It would have been a perfect game if the putz didn't make an error. :(

No, I was very young in '75

I disagree with you about the serious part. My innocent joke about Kentucky losing to Robert Morris went viral.

LOL, nope, despite having some truly great friends who went to Indiana and knowing the editor of Peegs, I don't like IU basketball one lick. Really hope Langford commits to Vandy. BTW, speaking of Indiana, is their still an Indiana-Kentucky high school all star game with Indiana usually gobsmacking Kentucky?
I understand trying to attack the best teams in college basketball. I really do. To be honest posters like you make this board interesting.

I thought citing the Robert Morris game was more of a jibe than an attack.
Most UK fans don't mind. Your just #2278 in the long line that tried to troll the UK fans here.

Even the diehards are still trying today. They c/p all the cliche things daily.

Isn't that right @Quavarius

Tell him he's an amateur at trolling UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Really? You measure your self worth by your team's success? That's sad. And even with the success you have to rationalize how the school is making a mockery of education. Tell me, are you also a fan of Kentucky football? :eek:
Silent Banjo, you are a piece of work.

You have no sense of humor, you are a total failure in that field. Get a life. Learn how to enjoy people that you disagree with.

Hell yes, I am a fan of Kentucky football. And I don't feel that UK is making a mockery of education. In fact, I have been relatively close to the program for decades and have a long list of ex-UK jocks being highly educated and quite successful. One UK football player that is my personal friend ended up being a veterinarian; became expect at horses and won the Derby, Preakness and eventually a large developer in Baltimore. He sent millions to the University for education, not for football.

So, don’t get all high and mighty when you don’t know your ass from first base about the academics at Kentucky. I have forgotten more than you will ever know about that subject.

One of the Cub catchers used my country club membership. Good guy. He beat the shit out of me on my own course, round after round.

You have no sense of humor, you are a total failure in that field. Get a life. Learn how to enjoy people that you disagree with.

Hell yes, I am a fan of Kentucky football. And I don't feel that UK is making a mockery of education. In fact, I have been relatively close to the program for decades and have a long list of ex-UK jocks being highly educated and quite successful. One UK football player that is my personal friend ended up being a veterinarian; became expect at horses and won the Derby, Preakness and eventually a large developer in Baltimore. He sent millions to the University for education, not for football.

So, don’t get all high and mighty when you don’t know your ass from first base about the academics at Kentucky. I have forgotten more than you will ever know about that subject.
Who are you picking for the Derby?

BTW I'm going to steal your ass from first base. Just a heads up.

Last edited:

Thanks for your snapshot assessment. I think people who know me better than a septuagenarian curmudgeon drawing conclusions based on a few post exchanges with disagree with your "no sense of humor" take.

Rather odd that you lecture me about getting along better with those who disagree with me after my jibe about Robert Morris received such hostility.

Now most of these guys have a limited understanding of basketball history, but I thought that you would be versed on what Loyola did in 1963 as a breakthrough moment in the game. They were the first school in Division I to start 5 African Americans at one time in a game. You should know that of all people, as your Wildcats were portrayed as the bad guys in the Texas Western title game in '66.

As for Kentucky's program making a mockery of education, that is true. A few anecdotes about successful graduates doesn't cleanse that. I know enough about Kentucky's program to know that every year they essentially say goodbye to freshmen on the team. I imagine most of them stop showing up in class right after the season ends. Now, you can rationalize that by saying they're making millions by signing pro contracts, but that's hardly the educational mission of bestowing scholarships, is it? Now, I really don't give a shit about the practices, but it would be refreshing if you had the cojones to own it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your snapshot assessment. I think people who know me better than a septuagenarian curmudgeon drawing conclusions based on a few post exchanges with disagree with your "no sense of humor" take.

Rather odd that you lecture me about getting along better with those who disagree with me after my jibe about Robert Morris received such hostility.

Now most of these guys have a limited understanding of basketball history, but I thought that you would be versed on what Loyola did in 1963 as a breakthrough moment in the game. They were the first school in Division I to start 5 African Americans at one time in a game. You should know that of all people, as your Wildcats were portrayed as the bad guys in the Texas Western title game in '66.

As for Kentucky's program making a mockery of education, that is true. A few anecdotes about successful graduates doesn't cleanse that. I know enough about Kentucky's program to know that every year they essentially say goodbye to freshmen on the team. I imagine most of them stop showing up in class right after the season ends. Now, you can rationalize that by saying they're making millions by signing pro contracts, but that's hardly the educational mission of bestowing scholarships, is it? Now, I really don't give a shit about the practices, but it would be refreshing if you had the cojones to own it.

I'm real sure it's the players saying goodbye more than the school. You make a blanket statement that portrays the university as only having "a few successfully graduates" is a pathetic joke. You're nothing but a jealous HATER. And that's ok to. Carry on....

I'm real sure it's the players saying goodbye more than the school. You make a blanket statement that portrays the university as only having "a few successfully graduates" is a pathetic joke. You're nothing but a jealous HATER. And that's ok to. Carry on....
Wrong on so many counts. I was talking about the the basketball program, not the University. I assumed the most people got that. Strictly speaking for the basketball program, the school doesn't even rise to the level of a junior college, where you usually stay for two years. I guess believing that outsiders are jealous of them is another way Kentucky fans compensate for low self-esteem.

I imagine most of them stop showing up in class right after the season ends.

giphy.gif

Wrong on so many counts. I was talking about the the basketball program, not the University. I assumed the most people got that. Strictly speaking for the basketball program, the school doesn't even rise to the level of a junior college, where you usually stay for two years. I guess believing that outsiders are jealous of them is another way Kentucky fans compensate for low self-esteem.

Again, it's the players leaving not the university saying you must leave. But twist it how you see fit. Go get some lemonade and cool your jets little buddy.

Man, I'd really like to tell you you're close, but you're not. Dude, you're way off.

Let's say you're getting warmer so you'll try again.

Again, it's the players leaving not the university saying you must leave. But twist it how you see fit. Go get some lemonade and cool your jets little buddy.
The recruiting process at Kentucky is designed to have this revolving door of athletes coming and going. If Kentucky had an aversion to this they'd go after a different type of athlete....you know, like one who is earnest about pursuing a degree.

Last edited:
Man, I'd really like to tell you you're close, but you're not. Dude, you're way off.

Let's say you're getting warmer so you'll try again.
LOL, all I can say is that I'm a lot closer than you are in thinking that I'm an IU fan. I actually rooted for Kentucky against IU back in 1975 and exulted when they won in overtime. I even rooted for them when I took in the Final Four in San Diego. Alas, UCLA would not be denied.

Just for laughs, tell me where I'm wrong. It's not that I think I will be corrected, but I'd be amused by your attempt to set me straight. I've been forthcoming in telling you about my basketball teams. You owe me.

LOL, all I can say is that I'm a lot closer than you are in thinking that I'm an IU fan. I actually rooted for Kentucky against IU back in 1975 and exulted when they won in overtime. I even rooted for them when I took in the Final Four in San Diego. Alas, UCLA would not be denied.

Just for laughs, tell me where I'm wrong. It's not that I think I will be corrected, but I'd be amused by your attempt to set me straight. I've been forthcoming in telling you about my basketball teams. You owe me.
What do I owe you? Name it.

BTW, what are you ashamed of your team? You hated on UNC a while ago and now UK. Is it easier to hate and be jealous of other teams than to root for your own?

Say one thing positive about your team. It'll be liberating.

"(insert team here) could make the NCAA tournament next year."

Does that feel good. Rather than "you lost a few years ago to some team"?

This is starting to read like an old M18J thread....

Could definitely be wrong, but suspicious. Got my feelers up.

What do I owe you? Name it.

BTW, what are you ashamed of your team? You hated on UNC a while ago and now UK. Is it easier to hate and be jealous of other teams than to root for your own?

Say one thing positive about your team. It'll be liberating.

"(insert team here) could make the NCAA tournament next year."

Does that feel good. Rather than "you lost a few years ago to some team"?
LOL. My teams are the Loyola Ramblers and the Gonzaga Bulldogs and I'm a proud fan. How many times did Tennessee beat Kentucky this year? With players whom Kentucky wouldn't even consider recruiting, the Ramblers beat Tennessee.

Sorry you're so hurt by my teasing.

Can you at least explain why you think I'm an IU fan?

The recruiting process at Kentucky is designed to have this revolving door of athletes coming and going. If Kentucky had an aversion to this they'd go after a different type of athlete....you know, like one who is earnest about pursuing a degree.

Their are different theories on how coaches recruit players. To say how one way is better over another is short sited and ignorant. Yes coach Cal recruits high level talent. So does a lot of blue blood schools, including Duke to name one. Some schools can get the very best players some can't. I would dare say if coach Few could have received a commitment from Anthony Davis he would have taken it. And for you to think otherwise is foolish just as most of what you post has been. If Clayton Custer had blown up and became a lottery pick you'd be foolish to think he wouldn't jump to the draft.

Their are different theories on how coaches recruit players. To say how one way is better over another is short sited and ignorant. Yes coach Cal recruits high level talent. So does a lot of blue blood schools, including Duke to name one. Some schools can get the very best players some can't. I would dare say if coach Few could have received a commitment from Anthony Davis he would have taken it. And for you to think otherwise is foolish just as most of what you post has been. If Clayton Custer had blown up and became a lottery pick you'd be foolish to think he wouldn't jump to the draft.
Why don't you just go by the rule of Okkam's Razor, i.e., by letting the facts explain what happens? Every year Kentucky lands an array of 5 stars and more often than not they leave the next year. In 2019 the guys you're currently raving about--Ashton Hagans and Montgomery--will likely be gone and you'll get excited about the latest wave of top HS seniors committing. I think you'd find that most schools would frown on that, even if the talent were so tempting. I'm sure you've heard the jokes, like instead of Senior Night, Kentucky should have Freshmen Night. It's funny for fans to say but the school administrators are appalled by having that concept permeate their University. And don't be naive about how some of these kids are getting into school. While Derrick Rose and his dubious ACT scores occurred at Memphis, it's not like Cal wasn't the beneficiary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT