ADVERTISEMENT

Ashton Hagans to Kentucky

Well, at least that means he's not going to the NBA. Laughing Kind of hard to get an honest projection without testing the waters though, which is what that tweet makes it sound like.

The NBA has routes that can get you a gig professionally overseas. If my family is in dire need of money, that's what I'd do. Great player.

Well, at least that means he's not going to the NBA. Laughing Kind of hard to get an honest projection without testing the waters though, which is what that tweet makes it sound like.

The decision next week could be to test the waters like Washington, but I'd be really surprised if he's not at UK next year.

His brother said it was either the NBA or UK.

The decision next week could be to test the waters like Washington, but I'd be really surprised if he's not at UK next year.

His brother said it was either the NBA or UK.
Well if it's UK or the NBA then it's definitely UK. He probably wouldn't even get an invitation to the combine, let alone first round projection.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This happens so often in college basketball and I don't understand it. I feel like I'm always looking at mock drafts/players stats and seeing dudes that are 19 as freshman before they even get in college and am like WTF? I had just turned 18 when I graduated high school.
Same, I was 17 about to turn 18 at high school graduation.

Smarter than Bledsoe

how would you know if your statement is true or false

i wonder how Bagley would have done in school living in his car for a few months?
oh that's right, he was a top recruit and Nike would never allow that to happen
they would funnel money to his family before they would ever let that happen Winking

It was actually NIT elite eight...

And ya'll be like......

giphy.gif

i am going to guess he probably started school late and got held back one year
i should be shocked by how many athletes in all sports get held back..........but i am not
Zion Harmon of Adair County just finished his freshman year & turned 16 in March. He’s been held back twice.

Zion Harmon of Adair County just finished his freshman year & turned 16 in March. He’s been held back twice.

So if he wasn't held back twice, he would have graduated 2 months after his 17th birthday. That's pretty young. Do you know what years he was held back. I'm guessing early ones.

So if he wasn't held back twice, he would have graduated 2 months after his 17th birthday. That's pretty young. Do you know what years he was held back. I'm guessing early ones.

Not sure exactly. Around 3rd or 4th grade for AAU ball.

This is waaayyy too much math for this early guys.

tumblr_lmjysqJXFf1qj210d.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think everyone gets it, the problem is that joke was played out 3 years ago.
No problem here, like "Why did the chicken cross the road?," this joke has staying power.

Seems like Kentucky is just treading water, with an exodus of 5 stars followed by an influx of 5 stars. Unless, one of those 5 stars actually plays like a 6 star (ala Anthony Davis), I don't see a group of freshmen capturing a title.

Ashton Hagans is only a 50/50 shot to reclassify to 2018 btw.. There is chatter about a big 2019 recruit reclassifying and committing to Kentucky. Although, my experience with Kentucky fandom and internet tells me not to believe things about mystery recruits. So, I'll stop there.

I think everyone gets it, the problem is that joke was played out 3 years ago.
It's not properly come to fruition.UK needs to be proven they're the worst. How else are they going to use quotes.?

I was convinced that K uses people over the years to make him the greatest.

Kentucky definitely has enough talent to beat Louisville. Of course it doesn't take much talent for Kentucky to beat Louisville. We have coach Cal.

Reactions: lwbb
Half right! Initially they did based on false test scores. Tried to contact him during the season when his scores were invalidated but he refused to talk.
NCAA cleared him 3X's

Is that how you remember it.

I am fascinated with your "Tried to contact him during the season when his scores were invalidated but he refused to talk.".

I don't where to start with being in the Ford box with Calipari when he coached there. Or hanging out with the owner who sponsored the Ford box.

Last edited:
Reactions: RipThru
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT