ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Miller

If Stevens left the Celtics for Duke then it would be clear to us all what basketball coaches view as the best job in the sport.

If Stevens left the Celtics for Duke then it would be clear to us all what basketball coaches view as the best job in the sport.
IIRC, Duke is the highest paying job.

There's really only one job that basically guarantees a championship on your resume. Don't be a drunk and you'll win title.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I just looked at Indiana's record.

4-6 in their last 10 and they've now lost 4 in a row.

If he misses the tournament this year is he on the hot seat? That would be 3 straight missed tournaments for them when he didn't inherit anything really all that terrible. Right? I mean, elite coaches just don't lose 15 games a year for 3 years in a row.

What's wrong with him? I thought he was supposed to be legit.
You shut your dirty whore mouth right this second! Archie is the chosen one and savior! Look what Dayton has done since he left. Laughing

yeah, f'n players girlfriends, hanging out in bars, functions, media obligations, rude to Tom Leach continuously on air, and to top it off, on court results.

Just a shit show all the way around.
This is Kentucky, it's not Jodie Meeks. That's really a bad question.

@TheDude1 was telling me last night he hopes Stevens replaces K at Duke. I don’t see Stevens coming back to the college game at all.

This would only be if we go outside the Duke family, and I think K's replacement will have to be from the Duke family. But AFTER the next one, maybe...?

But who knows, of course.

See my post above, you have all the resources. UK "ran off Tubby", fired Gillispie after two years. Pow, #1 recruiting class E8 the following year. Ended the longest FF drought in UK history right after that. In the 80's IU and UK was on the same level. No reason for IU not to return to greatness in short order. IMO.

Long winded way of saying, I don't buy the "what coach would come here if we throw out the guy."
UK didn’t run Tubby off anymore than IU ran Crean off. Even Creans kids were getting heckled during his high school game. With BKG, you all had no choice but to fire him after everything that had happened during his 2 year’s. I’m not sure what more us fans can honestly do here? I’ve said it a hundred time here, but the problem is that they have a president who has openly said that he wants IU to be known for its academics instead of its sports. He’s taken over 50 million of B1G network money that should have been spent on the athletic department and instead put it towards his own personal legacy buildings.

Until either he retires and a new president is in place who values athletics, or the BoT decide to not accept his vision....it’s a lost cause!

He'll get two more years regardless of what happens based on his contract.

Last year his team was riddled with injuries all year, so he's gets somewhat of a pass. This year we haven't had those injuries and its seemingly more of a cultural issue with some Crean holdovers. Not an excuse, IMO. He needs to handle that shit. But in the end, I'm withholding judgement until next year when he's got a team with 100% his guys.
In two years, you'll finally realize what the rest of us already know. Archie is not the right guy to get Indiana back to what it should be. He's just not capable of building a bigtime program. He's a mediocre coach at best.

He might be able to run practices, design some plays and sell IU to some recruits, but that doesn't mean he can survive under the pressure in Bloomington.

Seven of our 13 players missed multiple games last year including Langford. Langford also played 60% of the season with an injury to his thumb on his shooting hand which required surgery.

IMO, first year is first year. Last year I give him somewhat of a pass. This year I don't give him a pass, but it seems to be better at this point with work left to do. Next year and the following are make or break IMO.
You ever heard of battered wife syndrome? This post wreaks of it.

Stevens went from Butler to the greatest job in the sport. Brad hates recruiting. Brad will not be returning to college basketball any time soon.

Reactions: SNU0821
Stevens went from Butler to the greatest job in the sport. Brad hates recruiting. Brad will not be returning to college basketball any time soon.
But, but, but if INDIANA COMES CALLING BRAD LISTENS!!! Laughing

Did IU actually want him?
Never contacted him. But that had more to with his sister's tenure at IU, and how it ended...Bennett was considered when Sampson was fired.

I spoke with two former IU players last week. Told me the top of the list was:

Stevens/Donovan. After that---It was Miller. Donovan was interested, but wanted towait until after the NBA season, to give a definitive answer. IU didn't want to wait. Moved on to Miller.

I mean literally no one said that after Crean was fired. After Sampson was fired yes.
I know. I kid, I kid. I don't see why they thought that though. They thought just because he's from Indiana he would take the IU job? There's no connection to IU, is there? Or maybe he grew up shooting hoops in his driveway pretending to be Isiah Thomas?

Reactions: klize17
I know. I kid, I kid. I don't see why they thought that though. They thought just because he's from Indiana he would take the IU job? There's no connection to IU, is there? Or maybe he grew up shooting hoops in his driveway pretending to be Isiah Thomas?

He is from an IU family. IU made a call (which you have to) quickly shut down and moved to Donovan after that the call was Archie. We will see if it pans out. It’s going slower than most IU fans would like but I am still hanging on. We will all know by March 2021 if he is going to be around awhile

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He is from an IU family. IU made a call (which you have to) quickly shut down and moved to Donovan after that the call was Archie. We will see if it pans out. It’s going slower than most IU fans would like but I am still hanging on. We will all know by March 2021 if he is going to be around awhile
Understandable. I was always pissed Pat Riley never came to coach at UK after all his success with the Lakers.

I mean literally no one said that after Crean was fired. After Sampson was fired yes.
Nobody??? You're out of your mind if you believe that.

Most of the IU fanbase at least suggested the name Brad Stevens and why the hell wouldn't they?

You don't expect anyone on here to believe that "literally no one" said or posted on Twitter/fb/message boards that IU needs to offer the job to Brad Stevens and that if the deal was good enough, he'd listen.

The IU fanbase is just as nutty and delusional as the UK fanbase is, you were either living on a deserted island or had no internet when Sampson and Crean were canned.

Never contacted him. But that had more to with his sister's tenure at IU, and how it ended...Bennett was considered when Sampson was fired.

I spoke with two former IU players last week. Told me the top of the list was:

Stevens/Donovan. After that---It was Miller. Donovan was interested, but wanted towait until after the NBA season, to give a definitive answer. IU didn't want to wait. Moved on to Miller.
And once IU goes through the Archie era, which will be another dud, they need to stop screwing around and go hard after a proven coach/program manager, not someone they THINK will be good some day.

Archie doesn't have the chops for the IU job.

Nobody??? You're out of your mind if you believe that.

Most of the IU fanbase at least suggested the name Brad Stevens and why the hell wouldn't they?

You don't expect anyone on here to believe that "literally no one" said or posted on Twitter/fb/message boards that IU needs to offer the job to Brad Stevens and that if the deal was good enough, he'd listen.

The IU fanbase is just as nutty and delusional as the UK fanbase is, you were either living on a deserted island or had no internet when Sampson and Crean were canned.
Yeah, they still have people talking about Stevens. Went to their homeboard (what a cesspool) and found this from Monday.

When Fife takes over at MSU...and if he does well...IU fans will go apeshit that IU didnt give him the opportunity...

MSU thinks he’s possibly good enough to groom to take over for Izzo...IU fans don’t want to give him a shot to replace Archie...

I bet Roberts would stay, Michael Lewis would come back, and he’d hopefully be able to get some guys that have been head coaches at smaller schools or failed at higher levels.

I would still go for Donovan, Stevens...Beard, Marshall, McDermott...idk the Seton Hall guy...but I’d be ok w Fife over another Archie-type of guy...

We had some good arguments on here when Miller was hired. I'm far too lazy to go back and find them though. It might be too early for the real results but it's midway through year 3 so idk.

Yeah, they still have people talking about Stevens. Went to their homeboard (what a cesspool) and found this from Monday.

I'll be honest most large fanbase schools are cesspools, especially free board, but pay boards are awful as well.

I'll be honest most large fanbase schools are cesspools, especially free board, but pay boards are awful as well.
Concur. I usually avoid our home pay board for 24 hours after a loss. Idiots come out in droves.

I'm talking pay board.
Ouch. Most of our idiots disappear when Purdue is winning. Fortunately we haven't seen them much the last few years. This year has been more of a challenge.

Ouch. Most of our idiots disappear when Purdue is winning. Fortunately we haven't seen them much the last few years. This year has been more of a challenge.

Ours are creative. I've been having fun with them. My favorite was the fire Archie crowd and we should have gotten holtmann instead right before OSU took a nose dive. Was a pretty fun after OSU started slipping.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT