ADVERTISEMENT

Another school shooting

If I want to kill my self why in hell are you trying to stop me?

If you take away guns, do you ban ropes, knives, cliffs, cars, rivers, oceans et.al.?

What is wrong with a person determining his own fate?

What is wrong with freedom? If I want to kill my self let me.
Oh, Burt. You shouldn't go there. I think there may be a line to assist.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
If I want to kill my self why in hell are you trying to stop me?

If you take away guns, do you ban ropes, knives, cliffs, cars, rivers, oceans et.al.?

What is wrong with a person determining his own fate?

What is wrong with freedom? If I want to kill my self let me.

1) Classic conservative throwing out a slippery slope strawman. If we let two guys get married next we'll have to let a guy marry his 5 year old son. Eyeroll

2) If you actually bothered to read my earlier post or watch the video you'd know that suicide attempts by gun are a whole different animal than those other methods you talk about.

3) Not very Christian of you to advocate for throwing away the gift of life God gave you to protect and cherish. Last time I checked committing suicide is labeled as a sin.

4) Most suicide attempts are the result of a person with a disease being at their lowest point. Most people who attempt suicide and fail are happy they did not succeed and happy for their second chance. Most suicide attempts are not done by people in their right minds. They have a psychiatric illness. It's a different question if a person of sound mind a body who wasn't depressed decided he just didn't want to live anymore.

5) I have no problem with people making themselves DNR and allowing themselves to die of natural causes, but that's entire different than suicide.

6) Hopefully you weren't being serious, but it's so hard to tell these days.

1) Classic conservative throwing out a slippery slope strawman. If we let two guys get married next we'll have to let a guy marry his 5 year old son. Eyeroll

2) If you actually bothered to read my earlier post or watch the video you'd know that suicide attempts by gun are a whole different animal than those other methods you talk about.

3) Not very Christian of you to advocate for throwing away the gift of life God gave you to protect and cherish. Last time I checked committing suicide is labeled as a sin.

4) Most suicide attempts are the result of a person with a disease being at their lowest point. Most people who attempt suicide and fail are happy they did not succeed and happy for their second chance. Most suicide attempts are not done by people in their right minds. They have a psychiatric illness. It's a different question if a person of sound mind a body who wasn't depressed decided he just didn't want to live anymore.

5) I have no problem with people making themselves DNR and allowing themselves to die of natural causes, but that's entire different than suicide.

6) Hopefully you weren't being serious, but it's so hard to tell these days.

Good post Hoya.

1) Your point number one was sort of missed out as you don't understand me with is fine. In real life I am a libertarian. I am liberal on most social issues and conservative on fiscal issues. I have no problem with you marrying your donkey or anything else. I want people to have freedom.

2) Suicide by gun is sure and I think that is why most smart people would choose that. Other methods could lead to a botched job and that could be very painful and maybe debilitating which would make matters worse.

3) I am not worried about suicide being a sin.

4) I can’t respond to that as I have no psychiatric illnesses.

5) I agree with this and I have a living will etc. I have cancer so I have thought this out far better than you probably have. I am nearly 72 and even though I have a strong will to live; if my life quality goes to shit then you need to explain why anyone, Christian or not, would want to live through horrible pain in a natural death. I will opt for suicide or assisted suicide because I am not brave like you. My number one charity is Hospice.

6) I was beings tongue-in-cheek, but also, I was being truthful.

Uh oh! NFL will now fine teams and athletes if they don’t stand for the National Anthem. Players can stay in the locker rom if they don’t want to stand.

Like I said, BUSINESS DECISION. Where ya at @IU_Btown_Chicago

Hahahahahahaha.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
To a racist, idiotic base.
Hahahahahahaha. Try again dumbass. Don’t be pissed because you’ve been wrong this whole time. You’re trying to make this about race and it couldn’t be further from the truth. You just don’t like it. Lol.

Hahahahahahaha. Try again dumbass. Don’t be pissed because you’ve been wrong this whole time. You’re trying to make this about race and it couldn’t be further from the truth. You just don’t like it. Lol.

It’s about race. With you it was the anthem, then the cops...you couldn’t stay in the correct lane. It’s looking for a reason to dislike something because it makes you feel uncomfortable when race is an issue in America and someone takes a knee and someone needs a tissue.

It’s about race. With you it was the anthem, then the cops...you couldn’t stay in the correct lane. It’s looking for a reason to dislike something because it makes you feel uncomfortable when race is an issue in America and someone takes a knee and someone needs a tissue.
Lol. Wrong again. It was about the anthem. Then the socks/cops as well. Then Castro as well. Then Kaepernick just being an idiot. Race wasn't part of it, ever. You don't get to tell me or anyone else what I can like or not like about something else. It's pretty evident that people didn't like it and viewed it as either politics or disrespecting the anthem. Never about race. I know that makes you angry, but you're a racist POS, so I'm not surprised.

Christ you are such a ***.

Then STFU.

your little homosexual obsessions

So you're just being a dick?

You are just being an arrogant dick.

Typical lib.

Typical lib.

See, this is where any civilized conversation ends.

Last edited:
Reactions: schoonerwest
You gonna do the same for the crazy liberals ITT as well? Let's not act like it's one sided...

You gonna do the same for the crazy liberals ITT as well? Let's not act like it's one sided...

No, I'm done with lunch. I'll stipulate that it's not one-sided at all, although I didn't see a "this is where any civilized conversation ends" thing to make the hunt easier (but there probably is one).

I see the same racial angle you do, but it's not consciously or directly about race, and even less so, conscious, direct racism. You're not just beating your head against the wall here; you're responsible for building the wall, and then you're beating your head against it.

I see the same racial angle you do, but it's not consciously or directly about race, and even less so, conscious, direct racism. You're not just beating your head against the wall here; you're responsible for building the wall, and then you're beating your head against it.

SmokinSmile

@IU_Btown_Chicago - How many times can you play the race card? Does it expire? What about the victim card?

Asking for a friend...
Here's the racial angle...
In explaining his protest, Kaep said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." Race and racism are most definitely covered in that statement. Anyone who has experienced or/and understands the truth in what he says should have little to no reservations about his protest b/c that issue is definitely more important than the ritual of standing for a song. Anyone who doesn't understand, agree, or/and focus on that is more likely to interpret it as offensive.

Reactions: Hoya1987
In explaining his protest, Kaep said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color." Race and racism are most definitely covered in that statement. Anyone who has experienced or/and understands the truth in what he says should have little to no reservations about his protest b/c that issue is definitely more important than the ritual of standing for a song. Anyone who doesn't understand, agree, or/and focus on that is more likely to interpret it as offensive.

Kaep can take a flying leap and kiss my ass. Also he can take a flying leap and kiss America's ass.

We as a nation don't need bastards like him. Why can't Kaep move to Sweden, Russia, China et.al. where he could be free.

Reactions: SNU0821
Kaep can take a flying leap and kiss my ass. Also he can take a flying leap and kiss America's ass.

We as a nation don't need bastards like him. Why can't Kaep move to Sweden, Russia, China et.al. where he could be free.
You can probably sit this one out until the subject morphs again, bert. We all know your opinion of Kaep is so unyielding you can't discuss any nuances or upsides or anything.

America - Land of Conforming or GTFO! I think it's printed on dimes somewhere, but the print is pretty small so it's hard to read the whole thing.

You can probably sit this one out until the subject morphs again, bert. We all know your opinion of Kaep is so unyielding you can't discuss any nuances or upsides or anything.
He is a traitorous piece of shit.

I hope the dude never gets another check in his life. He does not deserve it.

You think that he is a fvcking hero. So stay on his side. Damn Dat are you so blind that you can't even perceive light?

He is a traitorous piece of shit.

I hope the dude never gets another check in his life. He does not deserve it.

You think that he is a fvcking hero. So stay on his side. Damn Dat are you so blind that you can't even perceive light?
Treason? Wow.
How about food? How about nobody ever sell him food ever again so he starves to death?
I've been pretty measured in my comments about Kaep. I guess compared to you even people who politely and totally disagree w/ him look like hero worshippers.

That might be why Kaep was kneeling but it’s overly clear the majority of people saw it as disrespectful to the flag/country. He may be focused on race, but the actual act of kneeling during the anthem wasn’t perceived by most as anything other than offensive and disrespectful.

Reactions: treyforuk
That might be why Kaep was kneeling but it’s overly clear the majority of people saw it as disrespectful to the flag/country. He may be focused on race, but the actor kneeling during the anthem wasn’t perceived by most as anything other than offensive and disrespectful.
I don't think there's any way to calculate "majority" here. A powerful enough block of people didn't like it, but that's about as far as it can be taken.
There's no "may" about it. His focus absolutely has to do w/ race. That's the racial angle.
I covered that other bit: "Anyone who doesn't understand, agree, or/and focus on that is more likely to interpret it as offensive."

Displaying a US flag upside down is a sign of disrespect, but it's also a sign that a ship is in distress. Surely you accept a ship's inversion of the flag as the latter, right? Their distress takes priority over the traditional, respectful display of the flag, right?

No, I'm done with lunch. I'll stipulate that it's not one-sided at all, although I didn't see a "this is where any civilized conversation ends" thing to make the hunt easier (but there probably is one).
Shitty shitty shitty was what I was saying about the shooting. Do you disagree that the shooting was shitty?

Every other comment you quoted was a response to other people. Why be lazy and call me out without including the context?

Treason? Wow.
How about food? How about nobody ever sell him food ever again so he starves to death?
I've been pretty measured in my comments about Kaep. I guess compared to you even people who politely and totally disagree w/ him look like hero worshippers.

I'm just defending actual American values (as opposed to jingoist values). Some people really get twisted up in knots over symbolic acts. There should be a word to describe the fragility of such people.

Kaep for President, defending American values.

Shitty shitty shitty was what I was saying about the shooting. Do you disagree that the shooting was shitty?

Every other comment you quoted was a response to other people. Why be lazy and call me out without including the context?

I'll edit out the "shitty shitty shitty" as I misread it. My bad on that one.

Fair point on context. The context of the "this is where any civilized conversation ends" is that you were suggesting that an ad hominem ("moron") directed at you would end "civilized conversation." The remaining quotes are ad hominems.

Kaep for President, defending American values.

Defending American values is in reference to defending Kaepernick's actions, not Kaepernick defending American values. That's clear from the posts:

You, a jingoist: Kaep should leave this country for engaging in free speech.
Me, a patriot: That's not really American. We're better than that.
You: Keep defending Kaep!
Me: I'm just defending actual American values like free speech.
You: This guy thinks Kaep is defending American values!
Me: Bro, do you even read?

ADVERTISEMENT