ADVERTISEMENT

Agent Zero Makes Harsh Allegations About One of the Top ACC Schools

I just think it’s funny someone would argue academics is more important than putting players in the NBA. This board is comedy sometimes

I don't think anybody has said that.

Just saying that virtually no elite teenaged athlete cares about ancient history or if a program has a couple more final fours. They care about the coach, the state of the program, playing time, exposure, facilities, the campus/town, and, of course, moolah.

Just saying that virtually no elite teenaged athlete cares about ancient history or if a program has a couple more final fours. They care about the coach, the state of the program, playing time, exposure, facilities, the campus/town, and, of course, moolah.
I agree with you.. but I was responding to a point that academics matter when recruiting elite kids. It does not.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

It's a good thing UK offers History, Final Fours AND all the other stuff you listed, except, of course, "moolah". :D

It's a good thing UK offers History, Final Fours AND all the other stuff you listed, except, of course, "moolah". :D
naNEzNm.gif

So you're saying that before 2015 Duke wasn't, then who was? They would've been . . . what . . . 13 years old? Probably never heard of KAT, Jamal Murray, Booker, AD, Fox, Monk, which means they probably had never even heard of basketball until they were juniors in high school, which would mean that indeed, Duke was the only prestigious school if they only had a 2 year basketball career to that point in their lives. I always thought they started younger than junior year, though.
I’ve read this like 3 times and I still can’t understand what you’re trying to say.

I think I might understand. But then I read it again and say to myself what?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
My assumptions (which match those of everyone but the fans of a few programs--funny how that works) are based on facts.

It's a fact that Merl Code and Gassnola pointed the finger at Kentucky. It's a fact that Bam's name was listed on an agency's financial spreadsheet. It's a fact that no one has landed more highly ranked recruits than Kentucky in the Calipari era. It's a fact that the college basketball recruiting landscape is and has nearly always been dirty.

These and other facts are the basis for the assumption. Any other questions?

since you are into facts
please link where it states that Bam or any of his family received money (i have asked this before of you and you are yet to provide that link)

is sounds like your assumption is more marsh mellow then concrete

since you are into facts
please link where it states that Bam or any of his family received money (i have asked this before of you and you are yet to provide that link)

is sounds like your assumption is more marsh mellow then concrete
What about his I just found on google?

• A listing that refers to “BAM” for $12,000 is later identified in the documents as Edrice “Bam” Adebayo, who would go on to play at Kentucky in 2016-17. He did not sign with ASM. There’s a later reference to Adebayo that says he received $36,500. “Bad loan,” reads the document.

I was wondering how long this thread would become about UK. I expected it and I'm sure the Duke fans love it. Laughing

But go on.

Reactions: RipThru
Low hanging fruit on a Friday night. That’s all.
I understand. When UK is mentioned it's a big deal. If they are the headline they're talked about, if they're not the headline(ie this thread), they're talked about. It feeds the ego.

It's to be expected and it's great entertainment.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You’re one of my favorites. I’m gonna end up calling you one day. Pretty sure I have your number saved somewhere. I will be drunk and it will be unexpected.
Same w/ you, and I'll keep an eye out for a Texas area code. 432?

Also, if you don't have my number,you have my email from the yttv thing.

Players talk and compare how much they got in NBA locker rooms.
Arenas didn't get much out of high school. Going to take notice what other players say especially when you are an All Star Guard.
Meh...Maybe. I mean, if that common, we'd hear much more. Gilbert Arenas has been out of the league since 2012. But he knows that 2 current Dukies, that got paid? Meh...Ok.

I just think it’s funny someone would argue academics is more important than putting players in the NBA. This board is comedy sometimes
I mean, sure it's not as important. Especially if your an Anthony Davis, Ingram, Zion, MKG, John Wall type of dude. But even then, it's good to have some type of sense. Not every top flight kid makes it. An education would be important ..Get this...For some, academics play a role. Look at Poythtess. Dude was unreal smart. Zeller at IU. No, I don't agree it's more important. But it plays a role. A degree from.Duke can open a ton of doors. Just ask Matt Jones.Winking

I’ve read this like 3 times and I still can’t understand what you’re trying to say.

I think I might understand. But then I read it again and say to myself what?
Sorry. My wife was saying "we have to go!" while I was typing it, and now my enthusiasm has waned on it.

In short; 4 seasons (one freshman-to-senior college career) ago UK almost went undefeated. The age these new commits are now (~17) would surely fall into the "lifetime" of the current kids being recruited, which is the timeline Baracus framed. It's a reach to say that Duke is the most prestigious CBB program "within their lifetime". One class ago; nearly unbeaten.

Any kid that has played high school bball over the last 4 years has heard of UK's success, as well as KU's . . . and to imply otherwise is naive, foolish or both.

Edit; F it anyway. UK's not the one being accused so I really shouldn't care anyway.

Last edited:
More players in the NBA? More titles? More All Americans? More wins? Do you want me to keep going?

And I know this because if academics mattered to one and dones than Duke would get all of them and regular public universities wouldn’t get any. Elite players go where they will be most comfortable for one or two years. Not because they want to be future CEOs after two years of undergrad school.
C'mon, now Jimbo. More titles, wins, All-Americans doesn't play a single role. You're speaking in terms of tradition. Fuc Indiana has same amount of titles as.Duke....All-Americans,.etc, etc..Kids don't give a shit about tradition. They care about getting to.the NBA. And their care is about now . Five years ago...Recent shit. Not shit from the 40's and 50's; Where UK won 4 of their 8 titles. In terms of TODAY'S game. UK doesn't offer anything that Duke cannot. Kids today, they see Duke and UK as square. Side by side. Those kids DGAF about overall wins, titles, winning percentages, etc, etc...To insinuate they do is silly.

Reactions: ceilo77
Sorry. My wife was saying "we have to go!" while I was typing it, and now my enthusiasm has waned on it.

In short; 4 seasons (one freshman-to-senior college career) ago UK almost went undefeated. The age these new commits are now (~17) would surely fall into the "lifetime" of the current kids being recruited, which is the timeline Baracus framed. It's a reach to say that Duke is the most prestigious CBB program "within their lifetime". One class ago; nearly unbeaten.

Any kid that has played high school bball over the last 4 years has heard of UK's success, as well as KU's . . . and to imply otherwise is naive, foolish or both.

Edit; F it anyway. UK's not the one being accused so I really shouldn't care anyway.
Gotcha.

I don’t think he was downplaying Kentucky at all. I think he was saying Duke was the top program of most recruits lifetimes. I happen to agree with him on that. They’re the best program since most of us have been alive.

Reactions: ceilo77
I mean, I wouldn't say no consequences. I mean accusing a University , basketball program, and or a coach...of a federal crime, ain't something to sneeze at. I mean you are probably right. Doubtful this would ever go to court . But, well, I mean, if Duke officials call his ass out...They'd have a gripe; If no proof.
The last thing Duke, or any other P-5 school wants is to go to court and have investigators crawling up every orifice, and go through disclosure.

Gotcha.

I don’t think he was downplaying Kentucky at all. I think he was saying Duke was the top program of most recruits lifetimes. I happen to agree with him on that. They’re the best program since most of us have been alive.
It is more so the love from ESPN than anything else.

Well you what they say about opinions and assholes. Everybody has one. RollLaugh
Every blue blood gets a TON of love from ESPN and other major outlets. It’s justified. People want to hear about them because they are the best.

Also, Duke having so many titles and Final Fours in the ESPN era REALLY makes the love they receive justified.

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT