ADVERTISEMENT

ACC/Big Ten Challenge

This team is not good. It is the year where the scandal recruiting stuff finally catches up to us. Like I said, there are a legit four UNC level players on this team. 2 actually as Brooks and Robinson should be role players but they are included in the four.
RW might have to draw up a different gameplan for this squad. Something a little off the map.
It'll be interesting to see what he figures out with this team.
When you have a guy like Cole Anthony, you can get creative.
Teams are going to take him away, so someone else has to man up.

RW might have to draw up a different gameplan for this squad. Something a little off the map.
It'll be interesting to see what he figures out with this team.
When you have a guy like Cole Anthony, you can get creative.
Teams are going to take him away, so someone else has to man up.

I would just rather them let Cole shoot it every time down the court tbh. They would score more points. I think if the team gets healthy Roy may can do some stuff but right now the only healthy players are the two white guys, Brooks, and Keeling and only one of those players doesn't suck.

I would just rather them let Cole shoot it every time down the court tbh. They would score more points. I think if the team gets healthy Roy may can do some stuff but right now the only healthy players are the two white guys, Brooks, and Keeling and only one of those players doesn't suck.
I tell ya, I wouldn't mind seeing Anthony just take over. He's fun to watch

Bilas is such a tool. If that would have been Carey or Baker or someone else taking that charge he would have pointed out how clearly he lowered the shoulder and even extended the arm.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Bilas is such a tool. If that would have been Carey taking that charge he would have pointed out how clearly he lowered the shoulder and even extended the arm.
As a Duke fun, I can’t stand Bilas. He bitches about officiating the entire game. He is definitely not pro Duke at all.

Nothing like Hubert when he was an analyst.

Reactions: Quavarius
He lowered his shoulder but it was still a big flop.

But he has lowered his shoulder all game and Brooks has been punished for not flopping because they won't call it unless you do. Not sure what people should do. You can't just allow people to run over people.

Holtmann has this team playing incredible defense. They’re scrappers with a solid mix of guys who can shoot and create on offense. I know UNC was a bit depleted today but the Buckeyes aren’t a fluke. They’re gonna be competing at the top for the B1G.

They looked a bit sloppy in the first half with careless turnovers but made good adjustments going into the 2nd half and executed. Very good win

Reactions: SIhoosier26
OAD's are fun aren't they? :D

The issue with OAD guys are you need a crapload to replace them . That isn't the issue with this team. The issue is below.

how did UNC recruiting get to the point that only 3 guys can score on their team?

The 2016 classe had Tony Bradley (went pro), Seventh Woods (massive disappointment because of injuries), and Brandon Robinson. He is decent but shouldn't be a main guy.

The 2017 class had Huffman, Manley, and Brooks down low. All reaches because Roy missed on his main targets. Manley won't ever play basketball because of his knees IMO. Huffman is terrible and Brooks is ok. That class also had Felton, who screwed his career up by doing whatever the hell he did, and Platek, who is awful and was a reach just because they had to have someone.

Of course, Robinson and Platek (and Keeling and Pierce) are supposed to be good shooters and they are actually terrible shooters. Regardless, this is the year the scandal hurts them.

Holtmann has this team playing incredible defense. They’re scrappers with a solid mix of guys who can shoot and create on offense. I know UNC was a bit depleted today but the Buckeyes aren’t a fluke. They’re gonna be competing at the top for the B1G.

They looked a bit sloppy in the first half with careless turnovers but made good adjustments going into the 2nd half and executed. Very good win

Very impressed with OSU. They are a very good team.

Roy can only win a title when everyone in his starting 5 is an NBA player

You define NBA player very loosely apparently.

I hate Duke. I have a friend that likes the Lakers, Duke basketball, UM football, and the Yankees. These people are real. Great guy other than sports fandom.

Nothing that I said is false. Home slice puts on his best Duke t-shirt to talk up “his school” on a message board. Congrats to his adopted team. Is what it is. Some people on here cheer for their alma mater, others cheer for schools that win a lot. So be it.
Dude, straight up....dukedevilz is one of the most laid back people on here.

I mean, I have two degrees and neither are from UNC. I couldn't afford the out of state tuition my 'ship wouldn't have covered. I've just always been a fan. I couldn't even tell you why tbh. I also don't really care if people have an issue with it either.

Reactions: UL_1986 and GE Nole
What are you even talking about then?

MSU retired THEIR great player, in Draymond.

Dawkins: Naismith NPOY his Sr year (1986), 2x All-America 1st Team (1985, 1986), 2x All-ACC 1st team (1985, 1986), 0x ACC POY, 3rd team Parade All-American (1982), 1 Final Four (1986), 0 titles, 1 ACC title (1986), 1 ACC Tournament title (1986).

Draymond: NABC NPOY his Sr year (2012), 1x All-America 1st team (2012), 1x B1G 1st team (2012), 1x B1G POY (2012), 1x B1G All-Defense (2012), 2x B1G 3rd team (2010, 2011), 1x B1G DPOY (2012), 1x B1G 6th Man (2010), 4th team Parade All-American (2008), 2 Final Fours, 0 titles, 3 B1G titles, 1 B1G tournament title,

I mean... they seem pretty similar to me. Not to mention that Shelden Williams and Jeff Mullins also had their jerseys retired at Duke, and had lesser careers than Draymond both in college and the NBA.
Anyone who doesn't think Green doesn't deserve to have his Jersey up in the rafters didn't pay attention to college basketball while he played!

Made this post in the B1G thread. Willing to do a friendly avatar bet with any B1G fan that the B1G won’t win a natty this year.

Reactions: tw3301
Cole is fun. It doesn't matter though. Keeling may be the worse basketball player at any P5 school and OSU is attacking him every time. We just don't have enough players right now. Only three competent players in this game. Love the fight though.
Purdue recruited Keeling, Jaevin Cumberland (at UC) and Jahaad Proctor as grad transfers to help replace Carsen Edwards.

I’m so glad we got Proctor. He’s been great (15 pts, 3 rebs, 3 assists) and Keeling and Cumberland have been unimpressive. Cumberland has been inconsistent but has had a few nice games so it looks like you got the worst of the three.

I think the quality of the recruiting speaks for itself.
Louisville paid Bowen. That is proof enough that you don't have to be good to get paid.

However, I'm not one that believes everyone is paying players. UK, UNC, Duke and KU shouldn’t need to pay players. The programs SHOULD sell themselves.

Louisville paid Bowen. That is proof enough that you don't have to be good to get paid.

However, I'm not one that believes everyone is paying players. UK, UNC, Duke and KU shouldn’t need to pay players. The programs SHOULD sell themselves.
Agreed but there were recruits that straight up said that they passed on UNC because other coaches were telling them how hard Carolina was going to get hit from the NCAA.
It is what it is but look at the recruits Carolina signed during the scandal & the recruits they’re getting after.

ADVERTISEMENT