ADVERTISEMENT

5th Annual College Basketball Draft

Go fvck yourself

I like the pick though. I was planning on taking him soon. Coaches have been raving, and I think he ends up the leading scorer on a borderline top 25ish team. And I guess I do deserve it for Kofi.

But still go fvck yourself.
Christie is gonna be good

Can really shoot and is a plus ballhandler

Christie is gonna be good

Can really shoot and is a plus ballhandler
Yup. He’s still a little thin for the Big Ten, and I'm curios to see how well that ball handling holds up when he starts getting hounded against some high level competition. But he’s undeniably a good shooter and has good length for the 2.

Honestly, the players lost and added help this roster as a shooting group as a whole. We were just a horrible shooting team last year and now everyone who gets minutes 1-4 will be good shooters save for maybe 1 or 2 ok shooters. Spacing offensively killed us last year. I think our offense is improved this year. I’m just very nervous defensively.

In which case if this was for money it would be fair to have someone submit a list, not have you pick who you think is best. I’ve never partook one anything for money where the proxy pick was someone else competing. It’s either a list they submit or a third party.

But this is for fun and it’s all good.

Like you said, this is just for fun and no money whatsoever. If it was for money it would have stricter rules. But, it’s not for money so it doesn’t have very strict rules. Therefore what @dukedevilz did wasn’t “kinda bogus”. For this league it was 100% fine with no qualifier necessary.

Yep. If this was for money, that would absolutely necessitate much tighter restrictions. I would never make picks for someone in a pay-to-play league.

If I were really going to do something controversial, I might have drafted Chris Lykes and Keyontae Johnson in lieu of Hunter Dickinson and Julian Champagnie in the opening two rounds.

How was he still on the board?!

Azuolas Tubelis is a quality player. Borderline 1st Team All-Conference. I have him as my #5 ranked Pac-12 player behind Juzang, Jaquez, Mathurin, and Will Richardson.

Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall.

Love Kadary. Huge upside. Think he could have a monster sophomore season.

I like it. Big Ten is deep, but I think he'll be MSU's most valuable player.

Reactions: Jaycg15 and GE Nole
Go fvck yourself

I like the pick though. I was planning on taking him soon. Coaches have been raving, and I think he ends up the leading scorer on a borderline top 25ish team. And I guess I do deserve it for Kofi.

Telling your fellow competitors to go f themselves - that right there is the true spirit of the college basketball draft.

Yup. He’s still a little thin for the Big Ten, and I'm curios to see how well that ball handling holds up when he starts getting hounded against some high level competition. But he’s undeniably a good shooter and has good length for the 2.

Honestly, the players lost and added help this roster as a shooting group as a whole. We were just a horrible shooting team last year and now everyone who gets minutes 1-4 will be good shooters save for maybe 1 or 2 ok shooters. Spacing offensively killed us last year. I think our offense is improved this year. I’m just very nervous defensively.
Christie will have some trouble with quicker stronger guards that get into to his body. But as long as he can be good off the catch and shoot, he’s an immediate plus for your back court.

I feel like Izzo couldn’t find a consistent rotation in the frontcourt last year that he trusted. I’m curious what his plan is this year. 5 guys so someone is getting the short end of the stick.

Christie will have some trouble with quicker stronger guards that get into to his body. But as long as he can be good off the catch and shoot, he’s an immediate plus for your back court.

I feel like Izzo couldn’t find a consistent rotation in the frontcourt last year that he trusted. I’m curious what his plan is this year. 5 guys so someone is getting the short end of the stick.
Another year in the program and strength training always helps.

This year, it’s going to be Hall/Hauser at the 4, with Hall also getting some 3 minutes, and the 5 will be Bingham starting with Marble backing him up. Sissoko the third man, he’s had some injuries in the offseason but he might play his way in.

The reason we got better to end the season was because we began starting Bingham and having him as our consistent starting center. He’s not amazing, but he’s a shot blocking presence and he has gotten a lot better in the PNR stuff. We expect him to have more of a green light offensively this year too. When the coaches were asked, they said they think Christie, Brown, and Bingham would be our top 3 scorers (albeit this was summer workouts)

Another year in the program and strength training always helps.

This year, it’s going to be Hall/Hauser at the 4, with Hall also getting some 3 minutes, and the 5 will be Bingham starting with Marble backing him up. Sissoko the third man, he’s had some injuries in the offseason but he might play his way in.

The reason we got better to end the season was because we began starting Bingham and having him as our consistent starting center. He’s not amazing, but he’s a shot blocking presence and he has gotten a lot better in the PNR stuff. We expect him to have more of a green light offensively this year too. When the coaches were asked, they said they think Christie, Brown, and Bingham would be our top 3 scorers (albeit this was summer workouts)

No Tyson Walker? Was thinking he might be the #2 scorer behind Christie.

Well, if Hauser isn't one of your top three scorers, you guys will probably do okay this year.

I will select Eric Ayala.

@WojoRising you are on the clock.

Been thinking about taking him the last two rounds, actually. If I took him and you got pissed, I'd be willing to part ways with him and a player to be named later for Paolo.

I was surprised he was rated so lowly by other basketball analysts. 89. 90, NR. Doesn't make sense to me. I had him at #35.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Yep. If this was for money, that would absolutely necessitate much tighter restrictions. I would never make picks for someone in a pay-to-play league.

If I were really going to do something controversial, I might have drafted Chris Lykes and Keyontae Johnson in lieu of Hunter Dickinson and Julian Champagnie in the opening two rounds.

I would never actually complain about the way you run your pools.

Go fvck yourself

I got a good laugh out of picking him here. I knew he wouldn’t make it past you twice, and I had to get some payback for Kofi. I will trade him to you straight up.

Reactions: MGC_07
I got a good laugh out of picking him here. I knew he wouldn’t make it past you twice, and I had to get some payback for Kofi. I will trade him to you straight up.
Nah you can keep him. I deserve it. I’d feel dirty doing a trade for him, because I’m not willing to do a trade for Kofi on your end.

Reactions: Jaycg15
Here are the official ACC Preseason Awards.

Preseason All-ACC
First Team
Name, School, Votes

Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse, 68
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech, 52
Paolo Banchero, Duke, 49
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 46
Isaiah Wong, Miami, 37

Second Team
Name, School, Votes

Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech, 25
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 23
Prentiss Hubb, Notre Dame, 17
Mark Williams, Duke, 12
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 9
Caleb Love, North Carolina, 9
Malik Williams, Louisville, 9

Preseason Player of the Year
Name, School, Votes

Paolo Banchero, Duke, 28
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech, 16
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse, 13
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 12
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 5
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 3
Caleb Love, North Carolina, 2
Mark Williams, Duke, 2

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Name, School, Votes

Paolo Banchero, Duke, 64
Trevor Keels, Duke, 5
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 3
Dontrez Styles, North Carolina, 3
Igor Milicic Jr., Virginia, 3
Wooga Poplar, Miami, 1
Benny Williams, Syracuse, 1
Cameron Hildreth, Wake Forest, 1

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Here are the official ACC Preseason Awards.

Preseason All-ACC
First Team
Name, School, Votes

Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse, 68
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech, 52
Paolo Banchero, Duke, 49
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 46
Isaiah Wong, Miami, 37

Second Team
Name, School, Votes

Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech, 25
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 23
Prentiss Hubb, Notre Dame, 17
Mark Williams, Duke, 12
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 9
Caleb Love, North Carolina, 9
Malik Williams, Louisville, 9

Preseason Player of the Year
Name, School, Votes

Paolo Banchero, Duke, 28
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech, 16
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse, 13
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 12
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 5
Wendell Moore Jr., Duke, 3
Caleb Love, North Carolina, 2
Mark Williams, Duke, 2

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Name, School, Votes

Paolo Banchero, Duke, 64
Trevor Keels, Duke, 5
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 3
Dontrez Styles, North Carolina, 3
Igor Milicic Jr., Virginia, 3
Wooga Poplar, Miami, 1
Benny Williams, Syracuse, 1
Cameron Hildreth, Wake Forest, 1

Surprised AJ Griffin didn’t receive any Freshman of the year votes. Is he hurt?

Surprised AJ Griffin didn’t receive any Fresh

Sprained his knee last week. Will probably be out for 4 weeks. Might miss the first game or two, but that's about it. His senior year of high school ended prematurely from a knee injury, too. So, perhaps Duke will be a little more cautious with bringing him back

Even prior to the injury, though, Keels had been the more impressive freshman. But, you never know. Maybe once Griffin gets his legs back and has some continuity, he might start to flourish. As of right now, I don't have him as a top 100 player.

The draft is more than 60% complete. At the rate we're going, we're likely to wrap this up within the next 7 days.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

THIRD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
26. Alex Barcello, BYU
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
33. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
34. James Akinjo, Baylor
35. Andrew Nembhard, Gonzaga
36. Tyger Campbell, UCLA

FOURTH ROUND
37. Dawson Garcia, North Carolina
38. David McCormack, Kansas
39. Will Richardson, Oregon
40. Marcus Sasser, Houston
41. Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona
42. Jalen Duren, Memphis
43. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
44. TyTy Washington, Kentucky
45. Jaden Shackelford, Alabama
46. Caleb Mills, Florida State
47. Isaiah Mobley, USC
48. Kellan Grady, Kentucky

FIFTH ROUND
49. Grant Sherfield, Nevada
50. Paul Scruggs, Xavier
51. Justin Moore, Villanova
52. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
53. Timmy Allen, Texas
54. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
55. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
56. Jabari Smith, Auburn
57. Kyle Lofton, Saint Bonaventure
58. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
59. Colin Castleton, Florida
60. Posh Alexander, St.John's

SIXTH ROUND
61. Caleb Love, North Carolina
62. Kenneth Lofton, Louisiana Tech
63. Ron Harper Jr, Rutgers
64. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
65. David Roddy, Colorado State
66. Davonte Davis, Arkansas
67. Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall
68. Max Christie, Michigan State
69. Nate Watson, Providence
70. Eric Ayala, Maryland
71. Tre Mitchell, Texas
72. Antoine Davis, Detroit

SEVENTH ROUND
73. Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State

I’m going full homer, and high risk, high reward here for what’s probably a mega-reach.

Mark Williams, Duke. I doubt he puts up +\- 16 points per game like he did over the end stretch of last season, but I’m betting he puts up some good rebounding and block numbers, which could inside track him to some accolades. Especially if Duke is good.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

I’m going full homer, and high risk, high reward here for what’s probably a mega-reach.

Mark Williams, Duke. I doubt he puts up +\- 16 points per game like he did over the end stretch of last season, but I’m betting he puts up some good rebounding and block numbers, which could inside track him to some accolades. Especially if Duke is good.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

Not necessarily a huge risk at this point. We're in Round 7. I would have taken him if he was still available in this round. His upside makes him worth the moderate risk.

Reactions: WojoRising
Not necessarily a huge risk at this point. We're in Round 7. I would have taken him if he was still available in this round. His upside makes him worth the moderate risk.
His improvement trajectory really was amazing last year, and I think post-to-post passing will be a strength this year for Duke. With PB getting so much defensive attention, I think Williams is positioned well to excel without too much expectation being placed on him. I’m happy I landed him.

5 of the last 6 picks taken were among the top 10 players I was considering. Unbelievable. Stuff like that usually only happens in the opening two rounds when the top prospects are pretty obvious.

His improvement trajectory really was amazing last year, and I think post-to-post passing will be a strength this year for Duke. With PB getting so much defensive attention, I think Williams is positioned well to excel without too much expectation being placed on him. I’m happy I landed him.

Night and day between November and March. He was a bit clumsy with the ball in November - and was foul prone. Looked like an All-ACC type of guy the last 6 games or so.

And yes, Williams should get lots of open looks with the attention that Paolo demands. Don't think it would be unreasonable for him to average something like 13-14 points, 8 boards, 2 blocks.

That's cute, a couple of Duke fans having a circle jerk over a Duke player.

Hah. Not really. Many project him as a first rounder. Extremely talented big. In 5 years of this draft, the only time I have taken a Duke player was with my very first pick of the inaugural draft - and I got Marvin Bagley, a 1st Team All-American.

@Noahtogo24 you’re up

Joey Baker will probably still be on the board for round 8. If you’re going to go homer you might as well go all out.

The draft is more than 60% complete. At the rate we're going, we're likely to wrap this up within the next 7 days.

1ST ROUND
1. Drew Timme, Gonzaga
2. Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga
3. Paolo Banchero, Duke
4. Kofi Cockburn, Illinois
5. Johnny Juzang, UCLA
6. Hunter Dickinson, Michigan
7. Remy Martin, Kansas
8. Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
9. Collin Gillespie, Villanova
10. EJ Liddell, Ohio State
11. Jaden Ivey, Purdue
12. Trevion Williams, Purdue

2ND ROUND
13. Max Abmas, Oral Roberts
14. Jahvon Quinerly, Alabama
15. Marcus Carr, Texas
16. Emoni Bates, Memphis
17. Scotty Pippen Jr, Vanderbilt
18. Caleb Houstan, Michigan
19. Julian Champagnie, St.John's
20. Andre Curbelo, Illinois
21. Kendric Davis, SMU
22. Matthew Mayer, Baylor
23. Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
24. Ochai Agbaji, Kansas

THIRD ROUND
25. Tyson Etienne, Wichita State
26. Alex Barcello, BYU
27. Kennedy Chandler, Tennessee
28. Adam Flagler, Baylor
29. Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
30. Terrence Shannon, Texas Tech
31. Patrick Baldwin, Milwaukee
32. Jaime Jaquez, UCLA
33. Armando Bacot, North Carolina
34. James Akinjo, Baylor
35. Andrew Nembhard, Gonzaga
36. Tyger Campbell, UCLA

FOURTH ROUND
37. Dawson Garcia, North Carolina
38. David McCormack, Kansas
39. Will Richardson, Oregon
40. Marcus Sasser, Houston
41. Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona
42. Jalen Duren, Memphis
43. Javonte Perkins, Saint Louis
44. TyTy Washington, Kentucky
45. Jaden Shackelford, Alabama
46. Caleb Mills, Florida State
47. Isaiah Mobley, USC
48. Kellan Grady, Kentucky

FIFTH ROUND
49. Grant Sherfield, Nevada
50. Paul Scruggs, Xavier
51. Justin Moore, Villanova
52. Matt Bradley, San Diego State
53. Timmy Allen, Texas
54. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky
55. Sahvir Wheeler, Kentucky
56. Jabari Smith, Auburn
57. Kyle Lofton, Saint Bonaventure
58. Jayden Gardner, Virginia
59. Colin Castleton, Florida
60. Posh Alexander, St.John's

SIXTH ROUND
61. Caleb Love, North Carolina
62. Kenneth Lofton, Louisiana Tech
63. Ron Harper Jr, Rutgers
64. Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona
65. David Roddy, Colorado State
66. Davonte Davis, Arkansas
67. Kadary Richmond, Seton Hall
68. Max Christie, Michigan State
69. Nate Watson, Providence
70. Eric Ayala, Maryland
71. Tre Mitchell, Texas
72. Antoine Davis, Detroit

SEVENTH ROUND
73. Avery Anderson, Oklahoma State
So if a guy loses a guy to injury or whatever, does that player just draft a replacement?

ADVERTISEMENT