ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Clown team thread - AKA Louisville appreciation thread

Stupid story, but when I was young I'd call into 98.1 Q all the time. along with the frog in Cincy.
I said I was from Campbellsville, and the dang DJ always mixed it up and said "mike from the home of the fighting camels". Back then I had no idea what he was talking about.
That's hilarious. The Frog is WEBN (102.7) "The lunatic fringe of American FM, high atop Frog's Mountain in Cincinnati." I grew up listening to that station. They are also well known for putting on the best fireworks show (some say in the world) for Labor Day on the Ohio River. It's been going on for nearly 50 years now. They match the fireworks to the music, it's pretty badass. I went many times in my younger days, most of which I have no recollection of. Big party. I had WEBN frog stickers on my car when I was in high school.

That's hilarious. The Frog is WEBN (102.7) "The lunatic fringe of American FM, high atop Frog's Mountain in Cincinnati." I grew up listening to that station. They are also well known for putting on the best fireworks show (some say in the world) for Labor Day on the Ohio River. It's been going on for nearly 50 years now. They match the fireworks to the music, it's pretty badass. I went many times in my younger days, most of which I have no recollection of. Big party.
Remember everyone having frog stickers on the back of their cars.?

You had to wear one to get nominated.

Reactions: JC for 3
Remember everyone having frog stickers on the back of their cars.?

You had to wear one to get nominated.
It's hilarious that you said that because I edited my post to add that exact remark. These were the ones I had on my car. Had two of them, one on each side of the back window. Then one time (long story short) I was fleeing from the cops one night in my car when I was in high school and I lost them. As soon as I got to a safe place (inside the garage at a house party) I immediately got a razor blade and took the stickers off because I knew they were a dead giveaway. 😆

I think Kevin is too obsessed with Louisville to be a mod. He’s 40ish and posts like a teenager when it pertains to Louisville. Grow up old man

Reactions: Steelers2012
I think Kevin is too obsessed with Louisville to be a mod. He’s 40ish and posts like a teenager when it pertains to Louisville. Grow up old man
well-just-look-whos-talking-beah-richards.gif

That's hilarious. The Frog is WEBN (102.7) "The lunatic fringe of American FM, high atop Frog's Mountain in Cincinnati." I grew up listening to that station. They are also well known for putting on the best fireworks show (some say in the world) for Labor Day on the Ohio River. It's been going on for nearly 50 years now. They match the fireworks to the music, it's pretty badass. I went many times in my younger days, most of which I have no recollection of. Big party. I had WEBN frog stickers on my car when I was in high school.

In the early 2000's, one of my bands played that WEBN on the river festival. Was a lot of fun. Couldn't have been a more eclectic line up. A folk acoustic act, a country act, a blues act with a really fat singer who looked like the Blues Travelers dude and played harmonica something fierce, and us - a rock band.

Helluva time!!

• Love
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Ha, you need a lot more than that. Louisville is in the worst P5 team OF ALL TIME category right now.
They need $2.5m coach, not player. With that watered down ACC schedule, they have plenty of talent to make the dance. Just need someone who can coach at a high school level.

They need $2.5m coach, not player. With that watered down ACC schedule, they have plenty of talent to make the dance. Just need someone who can coach at a high school level.
The SEC is Alabama and a bunch of dudes. Not exactly murderers row. A&M lost to Wofford and Murray State, yet they are 13-2 in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT