ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Clown team thread - AKA Louisville appreciation thread

Maybe, that is because it is indescribable?
dicaprio-maybe.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
My prediction:

FSU vs Louisville in ACCT title game... 🤣

Serious note----I figured it would just be a matter of time with you guys---Ham just to good of a coach.

I mean let’s not pretend FSU is suddenly a top 25 team. We aren’t. We aren’t even a top 50 team. But we are at least playing with a little more passion and selflessness, and with the ACC so full of trash, we can probably find a way to win 7-8 games.

Reactions: rockycard
Central Michigan losses:

KenPom rank:
24 Marquette
198 Minnesota
208 High Point
170 Cal Baptist (by 16)
233 Bob Morris
222 Tulsa
117 Missouri State (by 21)
144 Youngstown State

Central Michigan wins:

Kenpom rank:
347 Eastern Illinois
309 Cal State Northridge
NAIA Purdue Northwest
NAIA Alma (dafuq is an Alma?)
49 Michigan

I wish DePaul was in the ACC. 4 guaranteed wins vs Louisville and FSU sounds pretty sweet.

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕
I don't know what is wrong with UL. I imagine it is unexpected. I would love to see y'all get it together if nothing more than to be a disruptive force. That would be hilarious.

Reactions: cdbearde
I don't know what is wrong with UL. I imagine it is unexpected. I would love to see y'all get it together if nothing more than to be a disruptive force. That would be hilarious.

Our roster consists of 1 shooting guard and 8 forwards. Zero guys that can handle the ball well enough to run an offense. Horrible roster that could have been aided through the portal but wasn’t.

Last edited:
Our roster consists of 1 shooting guard and 8 forwards. Zero guys that can handle the ball well enough to run an offense. Horrible roster that could have been aided through the portal but wasn’t.

Yep. Roster is seriously lacking in capable guards. Not surprising that UL is struggling given the lack of guard talent, but I doubt anyone expected UL to be a sub-250 team. The roster is very poorly constructed. 10th in the nation in turnovers per game obviously isn't a good sign. If the cupboard wasn't so bare, UL would have never offered someone like Basili, IMO.

The bigs on Louisville aren't terrible, but bigs aren't going to win games by themselves, especially if the players around them struggle to handle the ball in the open court.

Can El Ellis come back for another year? Maybe a better question is, would Louisville want him back for another year? Load up on transfer guards next year, and UL should be halfway decent in 2024.

UK making an appearance. About to lose at home to probably the worst P5 team, as a 20 point favorite.

REALLY sucks that UK‘s current suckage is occurring at the same time as UofL’s historical level of suckage. Can’t even enjoy it. 😒. So…who DID win those games? Kenny Payne sure as hell didn’t.
And MSU is not doing good. don't know about WKU, that's the Kentucky teams I keep up with. (UK, Louisville, Murray, and Western Ky)
Kentucky as a state is not performing as usual, I guess it may be global warming. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe high end NBA guys won those games. Seems lately the top recruits are going other places. They got that throwback monster class next year. That contract makes it complicated too.

3% chance to win??? So you say there is a chance//////

Welcome to the party Ohio State. You cannot lose a home game to a Minnesota team that is 6-8 (0-4) and #194 at KenPom.

Oh...wait....yes you can!

Welcome to the party Ohio State. You cannot lose a home game to a Minnesota team that is 6-8 (0-4) and #194 at KenPom.

Oh...wait....yes you can!
That's a standard clown team of the week kind of thing.

What teams like Louisville and Georgetown are doing is another zip code.

"Please don't take what belongs to us and try to give it to somebody else."

Signed, Card Nation.

Outside of Patrick Ewing, Josh Pastner looks like the most obvious firing of a P6 coach. There's too much talent in Atlanta to only make one NCAA Tournament in 7 years.

ADVERTISEMENT