ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Clown team thread - AKA Louisville appreciation thread

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Florida State loses at home 83-74 to a school named after a cowboy hat. KenPom gave Stetson a 3% chance to win and they are projected to finish 2nd to last in the American Sun.

giphy.gif

It’s clearly FSU. And we will probably double down on Friday.

FSU still have guys hurt? Thought you guys might have a shot at a bounce back this year.

Prized transfer Jaylen Gainey is out for the season. Just recently tore his ACL.

4 star recruit De’Ante Green (6’9 do it all forward) tore his ACL in February and is still recovering.

4 star dynamic lead guard Chandler Jackson hurt his thumb and has been out for 8 weeks. Hoping to have him back by December.

Cam’Ron Fletcher is able to play, but can’t practice and limited minutes in games due to a hurt back.

And then of course our international superstar recruit Baba Miller is out the first 16 games because the NCAA sucks.

Prized transfer Jaylen Gainey is out for the season. Just recently tore his ACL.

4 star recruit De’Ante Green (6’9 do it all forward) tore his ACL in February and is still recovering.

4 star dynamic lead guard Chandler Jackson hurt his thumb and has been out for 8 weeks. Hoping to have him back by December.

Cam’Ron Fletcher is able to play, but can’t practice and limited minutes in games due to a hurt back.

And then of course our international superstar recruit Baba Miller is out the first 16 games because the NCAA sucks.
That's tough. We wait all off season and boom. Wouldn't wish this on UL.

Breakdown of the P5 + Big East losses on day 1:
ACC - FSU loses to Stetson
Big East - None
Big 12 - Oklahoma loses to Sam Houston
Big 10 - None
Pac 12 - USC loses to FGCU, ASU squeaks by the Fightin' Billy Gillispies, Cal and OSU are going to lose.
SEC - Vandy loses to Memphis

If we're going by point spread the USC loss was slightly "clownier". They were favored by 18 and lost by 13. FSU was favored by 18 and lost by 9.

Hopefully this is nothing like your final product then. If you guys can find a way to hold .500 or something like that until guys get healthy, and go on a heater late the committee would maybe see the team for how they ended and not how they started. Should have a few ACC games late in the year to give them a chance for marquee wins.

Reactions: GE Nole
Let us all give a warm welcome to the Oregon Ducks. Getting smacked around by the mighty UC Irvine Anteaters by almost 30 with 12 minutes to go. Ducks were favored by 16. I have a feeling the Pac 12 will be mainstays ITT.

EDIT: Ducks made Anteaters work for it in the last 12 minutes so they only won by 13.

Also, Grambling beat Colorado (who was favored by 15....lol).

They will still beat Duke in Tallahassee.

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
They will still beat Duke in Tallahassee.

No we won’t. This team doesn’t want to do the things necessary to be competitive. It’s soft mentally and missing critical pieces physically.

Oh and on top of that we only play Duke once, it’s in Cameron, and it’s before our most talented player gets out of NCAA prison.

Reactions: speedfrk and KisteK
Great thing is no one cares.

Meaning everyone understands the turnover of players and coaching staff. First year teams can't all be the 09-10 UK Wildcats or last year's Huber Davis team.
I think everyone outside of Louisville knew this would be a big rebuild. Most inside of Louisville probably knew that too. It’s not necessarily “a pass” to suck, but it’s almost a wait and see on what the new coaching staff can do.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think everyone outside of Louisville knew this would be a big rebuild. Most inside of Louisville probably knew that too. It’s not necessarily “a pass” to suck, but it’s almost a wait and see on what the new coaching staff can do.
You put it so much more equilanetly.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I had Wright State +5.5 on this one.... knew I should've taken them on the ML just like I did on Bellarmine. Oh well, free money is free money.

• Haha
Reactions: GE Nole and UL_1986
I had Wright State +5.5 on this one.... knew I should've taken them on the ML just like I did on Bellarmine. Oh well, free money is free money.
Get it while the gettin’s good. After these two losses we should be the underdog in every game going forward.

ADVERTISEMENT