ADVERTISEMENT

2019 - 2020 NBA regular season

Dwight Howard is looking good so far for the Lakers.
Plus they have a deep roster.

Clippers in a few games have looked the part.
Shamet is one of my favorite players to watch. Moving without the ball is often underrated.
Shamet is one of the best at it.
Watch him continue to develop.

Reactions: Quavarius
They are no where close to the Top 4.
Not saying they cannot because like always they are adjusting their roster.

Aldridge is a great player but he cannot win on his own and there is a good chance DeRozan gets moved.

This is why I say you are way too high on them.
Everything has to go correct and DeRozan stays for then to be a 4-5.
Just don't see.

Good chance they are #4 in their division by April.
You said 5-8, but no way close to top 4?

Are you just messing with me?

Trae just beat San Antonio pretty much by himself. 0/8 in the first half, 10/15 in the second including 16 in the 4th quarter. Destroyed all nba guard D'Jhonte Murry.

still think Heyward was way overpaid, but have always liked the guy and have to acknowledge his game last night. Thought I heard his 16-16 on 2 point shots was most without a miss since Wilt.

Reactions: denniden
still think Heyward was way overpaid, but have always liked the guy and have to acknowledge his game last night. Thought I heard his 16-16 on 2 point shots was most without a miss since Wilt.
He has been really god so far, great last night, This year. The first two years set back his pay scale obviously. However he can prove that worth with continued great play like last night. Gordon has been a different player this year. I think some of that is he is finally healthy and confident enough in the leg to let it go out there. He is also relied on to be more of the playmaker he was before he got hurt with Irving gone. He makes things happen.

He has been really god so far, great last night, This year. The first two years set back his pay scale obviously. However he can prove that worth with continued great play like last night. Gordon has been a different player this year. I think some of that is he is finally healthy and confident enough in the leg to let it go out there. He is also relied on to be more of the playmaker he was before he got hurt with Irving gone. He makes things happen.
I'm pulling for the guy.

More open to a deal sending Love there for Heyward in a deal. For sure would help Cs as they need some size and Tatum can do anything Heyward offers. Issue, I guess, is Cavs have no one who can give them what Love does.

I'm pulling for the guy.

More open to a deal sending Love there for Heyward in a deal. For sure would help Cs as they need some size and Tatum can do anything Heyward offers. Issue, I guess, is Cavs have no one who can give them what Love does.
I will take a hard pass on Love. He doesn't seem that interested in doing the one thing the Celtics could really use him for, rebounding. At least the times I have seen him play recently.

I will take a hard pass on Love. He doesn't seem that interested in doing the one thing the Celtics could really use him for, rebounding. At least the times I have seen him play recently.
He's second in the league this year in rebounding (14.4), and does it with another guy on his team getting 11+ per game

I seem to recall Heyward playing some PF out in Utah. Is Boston playing him at both F spots this year?

Kevin Love may be in decline but a contending team could get a boost picking him up. This just feels like a year that's up for grabs, and the trade deadline could make and break a few teams.

I have no idea what team's are a fit financially and schematically for Love, but he would be a solid get for a contender IMO.

EDIT - Maybe he's not in decline, not real sure about that.

He's second in the league this year in rebounding (14.4), and does it with another guy on his team getting 11+ per game
I admit to not having watched much of the Cavs and Love's rebounding. The two games I saw he didn't make much of an effort there, so maybe what I saw was not the norm for him. I still don't want Love in a Celtic uniform though. Not a fan. I would much rather have Tristan Thompson. His style is what Boston needs. A guy that doesn't get any offense run for him and does the little things in the paint.

Reactions: dtgold88
I seem to recall Heyward playing some PF out in Utah. Is Boston playing him at both F spots this year?

Kevin Love may be in decline but a contending team could get a boost picking him up. This just feels like a year that's up for grabs, and the trade deadline could make and break a few teams.

I have no idea what team's are a fit financially and schematically for Love, but he would be a solid get for a contender IMO.

EDIT - Maybe he's not in decline, not real sure about that.
His stats will be better since no Lebron/Kyrie, but not sure that means he is not declining some. Think he is 31...that said, best parts of his game can be maintained as he ages next few years. Not like speed/athleticism have ever been his strong suits. Makes about the same as Heyward.

Truth be told, guy on the Cavs I think would be in high demand is TT. compared to many his deal is actually reasonable now ($18 mil) and is also expiring. LA teams could really use him but neither has draft picks anytime soon that the Cavs would want. LAkers also have no players they'd deal who Cavs would want.

I admit to not having watched much of the Cavs and Love's rebounding. The two games I saw he didn't make much of an effort there, so maybe what I saw was not the norm for him. I still don't want Love in a Celtic uniform though. Not a fan. I would much rather have Tristan Thompson. His style is what Boston needs. A guy that doesn't get any offense run for him and does the little things in the paint.
I just mentioned TT will be in high demand.....would think Cs might be the only team who has players and/or picks the Cavs might want for him (who Cs might be willing to move). I think the Cs could use a stretch 4 like Love more, but you'd know them better.

Reactions: denniden
Thompson and Love would both be solid gets for contending teams. Yes I think Love is in his early 30s.

Obviously, some teams can't afford Love, or he's not a fit. Toronto and Milwaukee for example, do not appear to need the guy.

Interesting landing spot for him would be Portland. No clue if they have the salary space but they lost Collins pretty much for the year they have great guards and you can rotate Love @ the 4/5 out there.

Portland. Make this happen.

Thompson and Love would both be solid gets for contending teams. Yes I think Love is in his early 30s.

Obviously, some teams can't afford Love, or he's not a fit. Toronto and Milwaukee for example, do not appear to need the guy.

Interesting landing spot for him would be Portland. No clue if they have the salary space but they lost Collins pretty much for the year they have great guards and you can rotate Love @ the 4/5 out there.

Portland. Make this happen.
Might be right...and he's from the area, isn't he? Just not sure what they'd offer who would equal his salary. Guessing if teams were motivated they could get it done.

Also possible the Cavs like having him around for the young guys to emulate.

I just mentioned TT will be in high demand.....would think Cs might be the only team who has players and/or picks the Cavs might want for him (who Cs might be willing to move). I think the Cs could use a stretch 4 like Love more, but you'd know them better.
The only issue I would see in not making a deal is Cleveland wanting too much for either of those guys and Ainge not wanting to give up his young core players. (which he has shown very little interest in doing so far)

Reactions: dtgold88
Not sure how good they are as a team, but seems like Miles Bridges has played well so far this year and improved from last season.

He only scored 17+ 5x last season, and he now has 5 (out of 8) games scoring 17+ this season. He's also increased his 3pt%, rebounds (not rate, though), and assists per game.

Hornets going to be any good this year? They just missed the playoffs last year, but they also no longer have Kemba

Reactions: Quavarius
My 1/2 punch of Giannis and Doncic is catapulting my fantasy squad to the top, despite the crappy supporting cast they carry for me!

Wiggins actually looks good this year.

The sample is 9 games... but.... that FG% is sitting at 52%, a glance at his status show he's knocking on the door of a career year. Assists and PPG are up. He's also got blocks up.

The most interesting thing might be his 3pt attempts are way up.

Reactions: ThePhog08
ADVERTISEMENT