ADVERTISEMENT

2019 - 2020 NBA regular season

260+ points between Clippers/Warriors. Rockets/Bucks jacked up almost 100 3 pointers. It's like watching exhibition games; I am not entertained.
Untitled.png

The clippers will be a problem. Dispatched 2 playoff teams easily with out PG3.

Harrell, Beverly and Lou Williams are not just starters on most NBA teams but central players on good teams.

The clippers will be a problem. Dispatched 2 playoff teams easily with out PG3.

Harrell, Beverly and Lou Williams are not just starters on most NBA teams but central players on good teams.
I’m telling you, I’m not sure who will be able to challenge these guys when the postseason comes around. They literally have everything you need to be a dominant champion. Two superstars, one being the best players in the world, depth, youth, chemistry, and elite coaching. I’m not gonna say the season is over after two games like I have with the warriors that last few seasons, but it’s pretty clear who will be the top dog.

my guy Trae put on a show last night. 38pts, 9assists, 7boards. 2/2 from the half court Pistons logo.
He’s turned out to be pretty damn good. I was literally thinking if I were to take a shot from where he was hitting from yesterday, I’d have to get a running start, or at least jump way forward lol dude was casually pulling up from 40

He’s turned out to be pretty damn good. I was literally thinking if I were to take a shot from where he was hitting from yesterday, I’d have to get a running start, or at least jump way forward lol dude was casually pulling up from 40
Those logo shots were nuts. Pretty effortless, or stephortless as they say.

To be fair, the Celtics have made some questionable moves recently. Hayward is way overrated imo.
Was he "way overrated" before he snapped his leg in two? I get why Q would argue against my take as he is a Duke fan defending a Duke guy in Kyrie. Though i am a Duke and Kyrie fan, and he was a net negative for the Celtic franchise in his time there. What other questionable moves have they made?

Last edited:
Reactions: dtgold88
Was he "way overrated" before he snapped his leg in two? I get why Q would argue against my take as he is a Duke fan defending a Duke guy in Kyrie. Though i am a Duke and Kyrie fan, and he was a net negative for the Celtic franchise in his time there. What other questionable moves have they made?
He was overrated in Utah, yes. Questionable moves by Boston include rearranging the roster..letting go of Horford and Rozier. Using up wayyy too much cap space for Hayward, and not centering the team around the young guys who killed it in the playoffs a year prior. Jmo.

He was overrated in Utah, yes. Questionable moves by Boston include rearranging the roster..letting go of Horford and Rozier. Using up wayyy too much cap space for Hayward, and not centering the team around the young guys who killed it in the playoffs a year prior. Jmo.
The guy was an all star in Utah. I disagree he was overrated, but his signing was the least of Bostons' worries. I mean the guy played 5 minutes and snapped his leg in his first game with Boston. Kind of hard to blame Boston for that signing. Unless you knew he was going to have a bone sticking out of his leg so soon into his Boston career.

Rozier and Horford were both on the team last year. Boston traded to get a much better player in Kemba Walker this past summer. Al Horford chose to walk away. Boston made multiple contract offers to get him to come back. Still, I am not sure what losing those two in the off season before this year and anything to do with the results of last season.

So you are basically admitting what I said about Kyrie was correct, right? The entire team was centered around him and his emotions. That is not a secret. It was also a big reason why the young guys like Tatum and Brown had to take a step back and not forward after having a great playoff run the year prior.

The guy was an all star in Utah. I disagree he was overrated, but his signing was the least of Bostons' worries. I mean the guy played 5 minutes and snapped his leg in his first game with Boston. Kind of hard to blame Boston for that signing. Unless you knew he was going to have a bone sticking out of his leg so soon into his Boston career.

Rozier and Horford were both on the team last year. Boston traded to get a much better player in Kemba Walker this past summer. Al Horford chose to walk away. Boston made multiple contract offers to get him to come back. Still, I am not sure what losing those two in the off season before this year and anything to do with the results of last season.

So you are basically admitting what I said about Kyrie was correct, right? The entire team was centered around him and his emotions. That is not a secret. It was also a big reason why the young guys like Tatum and Brown had to take a step back and not forward after having a great playoff run the year prior.
Kemba is a good addition, but I still think Rozier, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, Horford, Morris, Smart & Baynes seemed to mesh well. I do admit Kyrie messed up the flow of the team. I guess I’m just not a big fan of Hayward’s game, seems overpaid to me. Slow and his shot isn’t always consistent.

Kemba is a good addition, but I still think Rozier, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, Horford, Morris, Smart & Baynes seemed to mesh well. I do admit Kyrie messed up the flow of the team. I guess I’m just not a big fan of Hayward’s game, seems overpaid to me. Slow and his shot isn’t always consistent.
I get the Hayward stuff. I disagree but I can understand where you are coming from.

Those guys did mesh well and that was the team that made the playoff run. Spearheaded by Tatum and Brown. With Irving and Hayward back, that messed up their progress made. Rozier is very much a part of that as well. He was great in the playoffs in Irvings' absence. I am a big Irving fan and know I am coming down on him pretty tough, but when you ask to be the man, you need to take everything that comes with it. Like I said to Q earlier, Irving has since admitted he was not a very good leader (or something to that effect.) So that is a good thing. I hope he will do better with Brooklyn in that regard. Especially this year. The Nets have a decent, scrappy young team and I I hope for their sake Kyrie learned from his stint in Boston.

I get the Hayward stuff. I disagree but I can understand where you are coming from.

Those guys did mesh well and that was the team that made the playoff run. Spearheaded by Tatum and Brown. With Irving and Hayward back, that messed up their progress made. Rozier is very much a part of that as well. He was great in the playoffs in Irvings' absence. I am a big Irving fan and know I am coming down on him pretty tough, but when you ask to be the man, you need to take everything that comes with it. Like I said to Q earlier, Irving has since admitted he was not a very good leader (or something to that effect.) So that is a good thing. I hope he will do better with Brooklyn in that regard. Especially this year. The Nets have a decent, scrappy young team and I I hope for their sake Kyrie learned from his stint in Boston.
Agreed. I think Irving will mesh well with KD once KD is back playing. I like that core group of guys. Jarrett Allen is one of my favorite defensive post guys in the league. Caris levart is big time too. Hopefully the scoring gets more dispersed as the season goes on.

Reactions: Quavarius
C's have a major defensive drop off @ the 5 this year - that's probably their biggest issue. Horford/Baynes gonzo. Kanter gives max effort but his D is just not that good. The reserves there will have an opportunity. In theory Williams could be a good defender, he can block shots. We'll see.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Boston set a wins record (before Kyrie got hurt and after Hayward’s injury) to begin the season or something to that effect? IIRC, Boston, with Kyrie, had one of the best records in the NBA before his injury. I think people just look at last season and forget the prior season pre Kyrie injury that helped with seeding in the playoffs. IIRC, Boston lost all or almost all of their road games in the playoffs so those wins helped with seeding which also helped that young team advance in the playoffs. To me, Boston looked good after Hayward’s injury and before Kyrie’s injury. Trying to integrate them both back into the rhythm of the team just didn’t work well.

KAT's statline tonight....

28 min/37 pts/15 reb/8 ast/4 stl/2 blks on 13-18 shooting.

More importantly, the Wolves are 2-0.
Very good game by KAT. Two KU guys showing up well in the game as well. Wiggins had 16 and Devonte had another strong game with 24 pats and 4 assists. Shocked at how far Monk has fallen. He played 20 minutes and threw up a donut in points. His strength coming out of UK was his scoring and that hasn’t transferred to the nba. Hope he gets it turned around or he will not be getting the second contract.

Very good game by KAT. Two KU guys showing up well in the game as well. Wiggins had 16 and Devonte had another strong game with 24 pats and 4 assists. Shocked at how far Monk has fallen. He played 20 minutes and threw up a donut in points. His strength coming out of UK was his scoring and that hasn’t transferred to the nba. Hope he gets it turned around or he will not be getting the second contract.

Which is great for monk, however doesn’t mean that he will get the second contract. Just means they picked up the 4th year option. Cheaper for Charlotte to do that than try to spend for a shooting guard. Monk is elite and I hope he gets paid, but if he bottoms out this year he will bounce around the league on one year deals. He reminds me of Ben mclemore from ku. Was considered Uber talented and a plus shooter coming out of Kansas. Didn’t translate to the nba but Sacramento picked up his 4th year as well hoping that it would click. It didn’t and he has gone to Memphis, back to Sacramento, and is now on a one year deal with rockets. Not a bad living but not the mega deals others will sign.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Boston set a wins record (before Kyrie got hurt and after Hayward’s injury) to begin the season or something to that effect? IIRC, Boston, with Kyrie, had one of the best records in the NBA before his injury. I think people just look at last season and forget the prior season pre Kyrie injury that helped with seeding in the playoffs. IIRC, Boston lost all or almost all of their road games in the playoffs so those wins helped with seeding which also helped that young team advance in the playoffs. To me, Boston looked good after Hayward’s injury and before Kyrie’s injury. Trying to integrate them both back into the rhythm of the team just didn’t work well.
I get all that and I have limited issue with how Kyrie played as a Celtic, besides in the playoffs last year. He was really good, individually. yoy touched in a good point about Hayward. Some of what happened was in him too. Moreso from a recovery stand point. A lot of factors why Kyrie didn’t work in Boston and I hate that it didn’t. He is a stud. Turned out to not be a good fit and he wanted something else (going back to the NYC area.) I wish him well and am very happy Kemba is is a Celtic uniform now.

Reactions: Quavarius
I'm just curious. What's the Nets record so far. I'm too lazy to look it up. I've heard Memphis won last night, but what about the other games?

*nvm, they're 1-2. On pace for a 27-55 season.

Just messing around. I am looking forward to seeing some Grizzles games this year. I can usually get tickets for free but not really had the interest, but it will be fun seeing Murray St, future ROY Morant play.

Last edited:
I'm just curious. What's the Nets record so far. I'm too lazy to look it up. I've heard Memphis won last night, but what about the other games?

*nvm, they're 1-2. On pace for a 27-55 season.

Just messing around. I am looking forward to seeing some Grizzles games this year. I can usually get tickets for free but not really had the interest, but it will be fun seeing Murray St, future ROY Morant play.
I am not sure Morant will come close to ROY. He just isn't going to put up the numbers others will.

One thing about Kyrie is that he will always get his. That's what great scorers of the ball do. It will be interesting to see if this is the team that he will make others around him better.

ADVERTISEMENT