2019 - 2020 NBA regular season

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Thread

Went 3 pages deep and didn't see one. Here we go

Clips beat the lake show pretty easily with out PG3
Though lakers didn't have Kuzma...

The Clippers depth is so strong. 3 bench players could start for most teams.

Clippers looked solid last night. Lakers look really good too, plus Rondo didn’t play. Once both teams are at full health...they’re clearly the 2 front runners in the West. Excited to see the games tonight. Looking forward to Thunder-Jazz
76ers-Celts
Bulls-Hornets (both young teams, interested to see who shines and who doesn’t) Rozier/C White matchup should be interesting.

Clippers looked solid last night. Lakers look really good too, plus Rondo didn’t play. Once both teams are at full health...they’re clearly the 2 front runners in the West. Excited to see the games tonight. Looking forward to Thunder-Jazz
76ers-Celts
Bulls-Hornets (both young teams, interested to see who shines and who doesn’t) Rozier/C White matchup should be interesting.
Rondo isn’t even good anymore. The Clippers won without Paul George. They’re really good. I’d pick them to win the championship as of now, without much debate. They are a deep, defensively solid and well coached team with 2 top 10 players.

Reactions: Fight r8rs Fight!
Thread

Went 3 pages deep and didn't see one. Here we go

Clips beat the lake show pretty easily with out PG3
Though lakers didn't have Kuzma...

The Clippers depth is so strong. 3 bench players could start for most teams.
The Clippers are the team to beat IMO. George and Leonard are two of the best two-way players in the NBA. Maybe the two best. They have a team full of role players who seem like they are willing to put ego aside for the greater good. It is just a perfect mixture IMO. As good as Davis' addition is to the Lakers, Lebron still hasn't played defense in a handful of years and i am guessing he isn't abut to at any point. Heck of a player still, offensively.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Rondo isn’t even good anymore. The Clippers won without Paul George. They’re really good. I’d pick them to win the championship as of now, without much debate. They are a deep, defensively solid and well coached team with 2 top 10 players.
No disagreement here, Clippers looked impressive last night even without PG13. Their defensive schemes are pretty ridiculous. Once PG is back, they have Harrell, Pat Beverly, Kawhi, PG, Harkless, etc.. that’s pretty crazy. Agree w your assessment on Rondo...although it takes some pressure off of LeBron taking the ball down the court. They kept running the ball through LeBron to AD last night, and Danny Green caught fire..however that won’t work all of the time. Especially when teams start recognizing their switches.

Reactions: MGC_07
The Clippers are the team to beat IMO. George and Leonard are two of the best two-way players in the NBA. Maybe the two best. They have a team full of role players who seem like they are willing to put ego aside for the greater good. It is just a perfect mixture IMO. As good as Davis' addition is to the Lakers, Lebron still hasn't played defense in a handful of years and i am guessing he isn't abut to at any point. Heck of a player still, offensively.
That Block on Shamet was pretty great though.

Agreed. Leonard was the best player on the court and made it look way to easy it times. He got just about any shot he wanted. That team is going to be elite defensively.

I Wasn't impressed with the Lakers either. Maybe it's the first game but Lebron didn't look the same. AD started out well but disappeared in the 2nd half.

Probably an overreaction to the first game but I'd take that Clippers team over the Lakers by a wide margin.

Was this another Grayson flop? Winking

Also, after 3J Washington's freshman year, I would have never thought this was possible. Who says Calipari doesn't develop players?

Last edited:
I’m not sure the Lakers will be a top two team in the west this season. They are really old, and will depend on LeBron to be the primary distributor all season. They don’t have the type of roster built to make a long run in May and June.

I would be willing to be the top three seeds in the west will be

Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz

Lakers will be around 4 or 5 with Houston.

Was this another Grayson flop? Winking

Also, after 3J Washington's freshman year, I would have never thought this was possible. Who says Calipari doesn't develop players?

Proof staying for another year can really do wonders for a kid not just at Kentucky but in college in general. So happy for PJ, he quickly turned into one of my all time favorites last season. Cal did a fantastic job developing PJs game.

And oh yea, Tyler Herro is Allen’s daddy

PJ will have a good career. Herro is starting already. Wow

Kid has serious swag lol.

herro1.jpg

herro.jpg

Lakers have enough cap space for Paul? I’d get rid of Rondo and KCP for CP3.
I would as well, but I like fleecing others for their best stuff and getting rid of my garbage too. Even if it is a numbers thing, why make that deal for the return that it nets?

-26 for Wiggins in a Timberwolves win lol. Never change Andrew.

To be fair, he hit some clutch shots in the 4th quarter, but his shot selection and decision making are horrendous. With how inefficient he is, he should never be taking more shots than KAT.

Reactions: ThePhog08
Yeah, my Lakers lost the first one to the Clips after starting the game hot. Bron had too many turnovers in the 4th and AD was not a factor in the second half.

Proof staying for another year can really do wonders for a kid not just at Kentucky but in college in general. So happy for PJ, he quickly turned into one of my all time favorites last season. Cal did a fantastic job developing PJs game.

And oh yea, Tyler Herro is Allen’s daddy
I just read that he hit more threes in his first NBA game(7) than he did his first season at UK(5). That's pretty nuts.

Reactions: Quavarius
He can get his stats for sure. They are building something solid in Brooklyn before. An identity, which was happening well before Irving arrived. Hopefully he learned from his failures in Boston as a leader and treats this opportunity differently. He asked for the leadership stuff and the first chance he got it, he crapped all over it. In the end it will be about how Durant comes back IMO. Kyrie is a great offensive talent/player but he simply is not good enough to carry a team by himself. (not a knock there as that is reserved for a select few in the history of the game)

Reactions: dtgold88
He can get his stats for sure. They are building something solid in Brooklyn before. An identity, which was happening well before Irving arrived. Hopefully he learned from his failures in Boston as a leader and treats this opportunity differently. He asked for the leadership stuff and the first chance he got it, he crapped all over it. In the end it will be about how Durant comes back IMO. Kyrie is a great offensive talent/player but he simply is not good enough to carry a team by himself. (not a knock there as that is reserved for a select few in the history of the game)

And he admitted that, when he apologized to Bron and stated now he understands that carrying a team and being a leader is not as easy as it looks. I have more respect for him now than before for even apologizing b/c most sports starts are stubborn and don’t like taking accountability. He needed an elite veteran to play along with him and I like the pairing of him and KD.

Reactions: denniden

Had to have learned that under John Calipari while at Kentucky. Cal must teach that drill to all of his players, but Tyler is the only one that uses it to get into the head of his opponent.

I’m sure Grayson has a trip we’ve never seen before that he will use on Tyler in the next game!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Had to have learned that under John Calipari while at Kentucky. Cal must teach that drill to all of his players, but Tyler is the only one that uses it to get into the head of his opponent.

I’m sure Grayson has a trip we’ve never seen before that he will use on Tyler in the next game!
If Cal teaches that drill he learned it from the best. Just as scheduling neutral site games OOC. Same as Calipari helped K embrace OAD's, Pro Days and All Access ESPN specials.

It's probably why they're the best at being innovative.

And he admitted that, when he apologized to Bron and stated now he understands that carrying a team and being a leader is not as easy as it looks. I have more respect for him now than before for even apologizing b/c most sports starts are stubborn and don’t like taking accountability. He needed an elite veteran to play along with him and I like the pairing of him and KD.
The public apology to Lebron was dumb. IMO. All it did was throw his teammates under the bus...again. Other than that I agree with you. He manned up. Doesn't change that he let the entire Celtic franchise down in regards to his leadership and also went against a promise he made to resign with Boston, but being able to admit you were wrong is a good thing in life and so many need to be more aware of that.

Reactions: dtgold88
The public apology to Lebron was dumb. IMO. All it did was throw his teammates under the bus...again. Other than that I agree with you. He manned up. Doesn't change that he let the entire Celtic franchise down in regards to his leadership and also went against a promise he made to resign with Boston, but being able to admit you were wrong is a good thing in life and so many need to be more aware of that.
To be fair, the Celtics have made some questionable moves recently. Hayward is way overrated imo.

Reactions: Quavarius
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT