ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

I am gonna take a longshot on maxey from UK. Whatever.

giphy.gif

Not a great start. Tillman and Henry were dissapointing. Lamine Diane is academically ineligible, and he may be out the whole season, which sucks for me. Gilder didn’t play well.

Tinkle and Blackshear has nice games though

Hey @dukedevilz it sounds like Diane will be out for at least half the season, maybe more. Any way I could drop him and take someone who is yet to play their first game?

Tyrese Maxey looks like a legit 1st Team All-American candidate. Guy is quick af. Oozing with confidence. I like him. @imajericho very likely has the best 1-2 punch in this draft. Not really sold on the rest of the guys, however.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hey @dukedevilz it sounds like Diane will be out for at least half the season, maybe more. Any way I could drop him and take someone who is yet to play their first game?

We did the same for Jace. So yeah, go ahead and draft a supplemental player that hasn't played a game yet.

Damn, the guy who got Anthony and Maxey, I want to party with him.

It's a nice 1-2 punch. Really nice. But he also took Brooks and Bacot in rounds 4 and 5. Honestly, not impressed with the rest of the picks, except maybe Saddiq Bey in Round 10. Nembhard might be okay for Round 3.

Haven't had a chance to dive into all my picks, but I do like the Anthony Edwards stat line.

For team dukdevilz, Tristan Clark stunk it up; it will take some time to fight off the rust. Perry was okay. Everyone else slayed. Obviously my guys are all very competitive and want to be included in the final 8.

Howard, Marquette: 38 points, 5 reb, 2 ast, 7-10 3-pt
Ford, Saint Mary's: 26 points, 2 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl
Haliburton, Iowa State: 12 points, 7 reb, 14 ast, 6 stl
Robinson-Earl, Villanova: 24 points, 13 reb, 9-14 fg
Perry, Miss State: 13 points, 7 reb, 3 ast, 2 blk
Kispert, Gonzaga: 28 points, 3 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 10-13 fg
Okongwu, USC: 20 points, 13 reb, 8 blk, 9-13 fg

BTW, just to show you how tough it is to predict how good these freshman are going to be once they get to college, friggen John Calipari is wrong every year it seems about his own players and he's with them every day of the week for 3 months before the season started.

A few years ago he had SGA coming off the bench to start the year. Yesterday he had Maxey coming off the bench. Last year he definitely didn't have Herro as his top prospect early in the season.

Their own coach doesn't know which freshman is going to be the best, yet we try to figure that out just based on youtube high school videos and ranking lists.

Reactions: dukedevilz
BTW, just to show you how tough it is to predict how good these freshman are going to be once they get to college, friggen John Calipari is wrong every year it seems about his own players and he's with them every day of the week for 3 months before the season started.

A few years ago he had SGA coming off the bench to start the year. Yesterday he had Maxey coming off the bench. Last year he definitely didn't have Herro as his top prospect early in the season.

Their own coach doesn't know which freshman is going to be the best, yet we try to figure that out just based on youtube high school videos and ranking lists.

Herro and SGA are good examples. I feel like most expect Maxey to be UK's top player, however. I had him as the #3 SEC player in my top 150 list, behind only Blackshear and Edwards. He did log the most minutes for UK yesterday.

Herro and SGA are good examples. I feel like most expect Maxey to be UK's top player, however. I had him as the #3 SEC player in my top 150 list, behind only Blackshear and Edwards. He did log the most minutes for UK yesterday.

yea but was that the plan with Maxey going in or did Calipari realize how good he really is at the same time the rest of us did last night and from there increase his minutes?

Why didn't he start?

yea but was that the plan with Maxey going in or did Calipari realize how good he really is at the same time the rest of us did last night and from there increase his minutes?

Why didn't he start?

Idk. He didn't play great in their last exhibition game. Maybe that had something to do with it. He did have just about the same number of minutes as Hagans did in the two exhibitions. Cal has a pretty deep backcourt. Maybe he's wanting to rotate several guys through the starting lineup and just get a feel for different rotations? Hard to say at this point.

Why didn't he start?

Hagans is starting no matter what. I'm guessing IQ started because he had looked like our best player up until last night and his experience.

Cal said this post game when he was explaining not starting Maxey, "I want you to come in firing. I want you to watch what's happening and then you get in there and let it go."

Could be Cal speak, but he really did let him loose. There was a few shots Maxey threw up that I thought "He's out", just because I'm used to seeing Cal pull people in those moments.

It's a nice 1-2 punch. Really nice. But he also took Brooks and Bacot in rounds 4 and 5. Honestly, not impressed with the rest of the picks, except maybe Saddiq Bey in Round 10. Nembhard might be okay for Round 3.
C'mon, dude. Let's boogie. I can take a few Homer flyers in a format where we drop 2 players.

C'mon, dude. Let's boogie. I can take a few Homer flyers in a format where we drop 2 players.

It's all fun and games, so not a big deal either way. I can appreciate wanting to win with your own guys. I'd just prefer to take homer picks in the latter rounds as opposed to rounds 4 and 5. But you do have a heckuva a 1-2 combo.

Well, I'm done after the 1st week of the season. I've already lost my #1 and #2 picks lol

Why didn't he start?
You serious? He had two McDonalds All Americans coming back from the year before. Maxey is better than both but going against the number one team in your first game, it makes sense

@dukedevilz , have you ever had someone lose their top 2 picks 3 days into the season lol. I could be wrong, but I believe only 2 of the top 30 players are already out for the season.... and they're both mine LMAO.

To make things even worse.... probably my top player to make me the most points is a guy with the name of Precious.

:(

@dukedevilz , have you ever had someone lose their top 2 picks 3 days into the season lol. I could be wrong, but I believe only 2 of the top 30 players are already out for the season.... and they're both mine LMAO.

To make things even worse.... probably my top player to make me the most points is a guy with the name of Precious.

:(

You've definitely had some unfortunate luck. Two years ago, the top two picks were Michael Porter and Bonzie Colson. Those were wasted picks (both were injured). Fortunately, you still have at least 9 guys. And we're only scoring 8 guys. You have an uphill battle, but there are still talented guys on your roster. Gudmundsson and Bassey are good candidates to be Conference POY. Stevens could be an All-American. Precious is likely at least 1st Team All-Conference. It will be hard for you to win this whole thing, but I think your team could surprise some people.

There are other injuries/suspensions that others are dealing with. Myles Powell and Lamine Diane are a few that come to mind. Not sure how long Powell will be out.

You've definitely had some unfortunate luck. Two years ago, the top two picks were Michael Porter and Bonzie Colson. Those were wasted picks (both were injured). Fortunately, you still have at least 9 guys. And we're only scoring 8 guys. You have an uphill battle, but there are still talented guys on your roster. Gudmundsson and Bassey are good candidates to be Conference POY. Stevens could be an All-American. Precious is likely at least 1st Team All-Conference. It will be hard for you to win this whole thing, but I think your team could surprise some people.

There are other injuries/suspensions that others are dealing with. Myles Powell and Lamine Diane are a few that come to mind. Not sure how long Powell will be out.
Are we dropping 2 at some point or are we just scoring the top 8 of 10 at season's end?

Are we dropping 2 at some point or are we just scoring the top 8 of 10 at season's end?

Post the 8 guys you want in your lineup before January 1st. If nothing is submitted, I will leave the players drafted in rounds 9 & 10 as the bench players.

I definitely got the steal of the draft in Paul Reed. He's guaranteed to be at worst, second team all Big East. And I would say a pretty good shot at first team. What round should a player with that floor/ceiling go? I'd say a lot higher than the final round which is where I knew I'd be able to take him at my leisure.

So Myles Powell is hurt for a while, huh? Guess I’m done. Wish he was hurt right before the season so I could have got a replacement.

So Myles Powell is hurt for a while, huh? Guess I’m done. Wish he was hurt right before the season so I could have got a replacement.

Idk how long it will be. I just heard it wasn't a simple ankle injury. Reports were saying probably more than two games. I suspect he'll be back by December. But, too early to tell at this point.

I definitely got the steal of the draft in Paul Reed. He's guaranteed to be at worst, second team all Big East. And I would say a pretty good shot at first team. What round should a player with that floor/ceiling go? I'd say a lot higher than the final round which is where I knew I'd be able to take him at my leisure.

Definitely a very good 9th round pick. I like my 9th round pick a lot, too. Onyeka Okongwu is averaging 20.5 points, 11.5 rebounds, and 4.5 blocks. I would be shocked if he's not 1st Team All-Conference. Still a long ways to go in the season. A lot can happen in 4 months.

Who's the dummy who drafted Skyler Mays? I tried to warn you guys that he is easily the most overrated player in the country and is actually a bad basketball player. Last night he proved me right when he pretty much blew the game by himself.

Final 5 possessions by LSU, Mays decides to go ISO and put his head down and go to the hole on every attempt. Result? TWO whole points on free throws and LSU falls apart and gives the game away. Pretty much every other attempt by his was blocked cleanly.

Just a terrible bad stupid player. He's proof that sports IQ and school IQ are NOT the same thing. You can be a straight A student while at the same time being an idiot on the basketball court. Mays is living proof.

ADVERTISEMENT