ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

My team is doing just like my actually team is doing. I came in with all the hype, a few posters saying I had the best team, and we are yet to live up to expectations.

looks like you people missed by not drafting Garza,
22 ppg, 9.8 rpg just dropped 44 points on Michigan out playing the great Teske.

Garza is having a terrific season. He's a very skilled player and certainly deserving of all the accolades he gets.

We probably should have followed your advice and drafted a few other players from your bubble team. Iowa has 4 of the top 150 players in college basketball, ya know.

these 4 would be in the top 150 at worst
Jordan top 100
Wieskamp top 50
Garza top 100
Patrick till proven other wise borderline top 150
Connor 151 AND down.

This is my first year playing so will someone just tell me who I should drop when the time comes. I thought EJ was a lock to be dropped but he had a nice game the other night, against a scrub team, but those stats count too.

Also when a league picks their all-conference teams, is it based on what the player did all season or based solely what the player did in the in-conference games.

This is my first year playing so will someone just tell me who I should drop when the time comes. I thought EJ was a lock to be dropped but he had a nice game the other night, against a scrub team, but those stats count too.

Also when a league picks their all-conference teams, is it based on what the player did all season or based solely what the player did in the in-conference games.
I'd probably drop Jalen Smith and Tre Jones if I were you.

That's a good question. I've always assumed it was based on league play. However, I've seen several of the postseason awards where the players receiving recognition have stats cited from the entire regular season. That seems puzzling to me.

I honestly think it's based on what a player does in the conference battles. I've searched a few players from past seasons, and it looks like conference stats and overall stats are very, very similar. Can anyone verify what the actual criteria is?

That's a good question. I've always assumed it was based on league play. However, I've seen several of the postseason awards where the players receiving recognition have stats cited from the entire regular season. That seems puzzling to me.

I honestly think it's based on what a player does in the conference battles. I've searched a few players from past seasons, and it looks like conference stats and overall stats are very, very similar. Can anyone verify what the actual criteria is?
I think most use the entire season but I'd guess they give added weight to conference play due to recency bias and schedule inconsistencies in the non-con.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Garza is having a terrific season. He's a very skilled player and certainly deserving of all the accolades he gets.

We probably should have followed your advice and drafted a few other players from your bubble team. Iowa has 4 of the top 150 players in college basketball, ya know.
yeah Garza was just 1 of 20 selected to the preseason Jabbar watch list for the best Center. plus was just selected to the Walt Frazier award watch list for the BEST PLAYER.

yup he is one of the worst players in the nation. to think this years team have lost these
Starter Nunge torn ACL
Top Recruit top 100 4* Patrick McCaffrey may end up RS'ing
will find out Friday if Jordan will continue playing or will RS has not practiced since the DePaul game,

Wieskamp is coming off a elbow injury and Fredrick is recovering from a bruised Quad. leaving Fran with just 7 healthy players, that is 7-3.

not bad for a team filled with lousy players,

I think I have some solid pieces, but not sure I have enough to be up near the top

When is cutting time?

My team if awful. I'd be willing to trade Obi Toppin and Nico Mannion to anyone for a high draft pick in next year's draft. That's pretty much the extent of my assets.

@jace4655555 misfortune has struck your team again. Charles Bassey is out for the season with a broken tibia. Feel bad about this, especially since I drafted him for you. He was having a good season and was probably the odds-on favorite to win Conference POY. I watched the latter part of this game, and the injury was brutal. His leg buckled and bent in a unnatural way that you instantly knew there was some sort of fracture.

Lol I'm starting to feel bad for anyone I ended up drafting.

At least it was better than this shot from a few years back.

Oh snap. Just reviewed this UConn-Texas video and I think I found Phil from the "Just Ok" AT&T commercials that aired during the NCAA Tournament. Apparently he really is a color commentator.

uconn-texas-2011.jpg

Also, love the different reactions from the three different media members. One is serious. The middle guy thinks the full-court shot miscue was hilarious. And the last media member was losing his mind over such a bone-headed play.

Color-commentator-ATT-Commercial-620x375.jpg

wait so do we just keep our first 8 round picks like last year?

You can pick which 8 players you want to be in your active lineup, for scoring purposes. I'm probably going to utilize my 9th and 10th round picks, to be honest.

My keepers as of now:

Jordan Norwa 21.2 ppg, 7.5rpg, 1.4apg
Vernon Carey Jr. 18.5ppg, 9.2rpg, 2.2bpg
CJ Elleby 20.1ppg, 6.2rpg, 1.6apg
Zavier Simpson 11.8ppg, 8.8apg
Remy Martin 18.5ppg, 3.4rpg, 3.6apg
Jahmi'us Ramsey 17.3ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.3apg
Kira Lewis 16.7ppg, 5.5rpg, 4.6apg
Jon Teske 13.4ppg, 8.5rpg, 2.2bpg

My keepers as of now:

Jordan Norwa 21.2 ppg, 7.5rpg, 1.4apg
Vernon Carey Jr. 18.5ppg, 9.2rpg, 2.2bpg
CJ Elleby 20.1ppg, 6.2rpg, 1.6apg
Zavier Simpson 11.8ppg, 8.8apg
Remy Martin 18.5ppg, 3.4rpg, 3.6apg
Jahmi'us Ramsey 17.3ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.3apg
Kira Lewis 16.7ppg, 5.5rpg, 4.6apg
Jon Teske 13.4ppg, 8.5rpg, 2.2bpg
#HumbleBrag

@boilerzz @GE Nole @hailtoyourvictor @imajericho @jace4655555 @jwill133 @klize17 @MGC_07 @sdsufan10 @WeAreDePaul @Villain07

Here are the stats to-date. Looks like hail has a pretty good lead on everyone. Still 2/3 of the season left to go. Double-click on the screen-shots to enlarge.

boilerzz-dukedevilz.png

GENole-Hail.png

imajericho-jace.png

jwill-klize.png

MGC-sdsufan.png
De-Paul-Villain.png
Damn. Blackshear, Gilder, Wieskamp, and Henry all suck. Will be a tough choice for who gets to remain on the roster.

As of now I’m cutting Henry and Gilder, but that could change.

Yea after lookin at the stats (thanks for providing those) Whitney is gonna be on my chopping block for sure but not sure who else I should cut. Guess they got another week or so to impress me before nut cuttin time.

Yea after lookin at the stats (thanks for providing those) Whitney is gonna be on my chopping block for sure but not sure who else I should cut. Guess they got another week or so to impress me before nut cuttin time.
I’d cut EJ after looking at your team. Or Forrest.

Yea it’ll def be one of the two. Just afraid the one I cut will blow up. Also if Cal would actually run some plays for EJ, he could end up having a pretty nice season. He’s def their most talented big man offensively, and it’s really not even close.

I’d cut Forrest. FSU has too much talented depth and Patrick Williams and Devin Vassell both have a chance to explode in January.

I think GE Nole might be able to challenge hail for the title. Pritchard and Powell would probably be All-Americans if the season ended today. Jared Butler, Kristian Doolittle, Markell Johnson, John Mooney, and Mamadi Diakite are all contenders for 1st Team All-Conference. Butler has a higher ceiling for points, as he plays on a better team. Yoeli Childs is playing well, and might have a shot at HM All-AMerican. Jalen Pickett should get at least 2 points for 1st Team All-Conference from a mid-major. Solid team.

ADVERTISEMENT