ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 College Basketball Draft (Updated Standings)

win shares of my team is at 14.7 (if you cut out mann and mobley) coming into today. I imagine that's near the top

I'll drop Clark and Jarreau from my rotation.

Haven't been on here a whole lot lately, so I'll give everyone another week to finalize their rosters.

I'll drop Clark and Jarreau from my rotation.

Haven't been on here a whole lot lately, so I'll give everyone another week to finalize their rosters.
Thanks for the extra week. I know I'm dropping the quitter James Akinjo but whether I drop Nojel Eastern or Bryce Aiken will depend on Aiken's health. He's been in a walking boot for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I'd cut just about every one of these pieces of shit if I could, but since it's only two I'll go with Javonte Stupid and Scottie "apparently never played basketball before" Lewis.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I will drop Admon Gilder and somebody else. How much time do we have left?

Moretti and Marcus Evans.

Wow. Your team must be doing really well if you're dropping Moretti and Evans. I know they've both had a slight decline in production from last year, but decent players nonetheless.

My keepers as of now:

Jordan Norwa 21.2 ppg, 7.5rpg, 1.4apg
Vernon Carey Jr. 18.5ppg, 9.2rpg, 2.2bpg
CJ Elleby 20.1ppg, 6.2rpg, 1.6apg
Zavier Simpson 11.8ppg, 8.8apg
Remy Martin 18.5ppg, 3.4rpg, 3.6apg
Jahmi'us Ramsey 17.3ppg, 5.8rpg, 1.3apg
Kira Lewis 16.7ppg, 5.5rpg, 4.6apg
Jon Teske 13.4ppg, 8.5rpg, 2.2bpg

This

I guess I'll pair the quitter Akinjo with can't make a layup Nojel Eastern.

I need Bryce Aiken to come back soon.

Tristan Clark was Baylor's best player in 2019. This year, he's just an adequate back-up.

DeJon Jarreau bit a player last week.

And just yesterday, it was announced that Tyrese Haliburton is done for the season. He would have been a lock for 1st Team All-Conference, possibly Honorable Mention All-American. My team is falling apart like a toy made in China.

How's everyone else doing?

Tristan Clark was Baylor's best player in 2019. This year, he's just an adequate back-up.

And just yesterday, it was announced that Tyrese Haliburton is done for the season. He would have been a lock for 1st Team All-Conference, possibly Honorable Mention All-American. My team is falling apart like a toy made in China.

giphy.gif

Yea my team sucks as well smh. Picked two UK big men figuring one would emerge as UKs post presence, and one did emerge, but it was richards, and I of course drafted Whitney and Montgomery smdh. Ones not even on the roster and the other is well idk how to describe him, but not worth a dime to me on a fantasy team.

I Blame it all on the alphabetical draft order jk

Geeze I don’t think I have but maybe 3 players that Hail would even keep on his team had he drafted them smdh

I don’t really understand the scoring criteria, and don’t much care being my team sucks ass, but I don’t see how Hail hasn’t already got this wrapped up.

my team might not be as bad as I originally thought. Toppin could win NPOY. Reed should be 1st or 2nd team all Big East. Bane, McKinley, Mannion might pick up points.

My team sucks balls

@GE Nole

So here's what I got. I'll drop these numbers if we can find the voting results. Important to get the data now since the voting ended before the conference tournament. I might just go ahead and get all of the all-conference teams today - and look for anything similar to the All-SEC teams. If needed, I can always use voting results or Win Shares to break it down into 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Teams.

1st Team
Mason Jones, 5.8 (SEC Co-POY)
Reggie Perry, 5.2
Nick Richards, 5.1
Skylar Mays, 5.1
Immanuel Quickley, 4.8 (SEC Co-POY)

2nd Team
Keyontae Johnson, 4.9
Samir Doughty, 4.3
Kira Lewis, 4.2
Breein Tyree, 4.0
John Fulkerson, 4.6 (most Win Shares by a player on the 2nd Team)

3rd Team
Kerry Blackshear, 4.4
Saben Lee, 3.8
Anthony Edwards, 3.6
Tyrese Maxey, 3.6
Maik Kotsar, 3.6

Reduced to Honorable Mention All-Conference: Isaac Okoro (3.4) and John Petty (3.3)

Last edited:
Big East: 6 players on 1st Team. 5 players on 2nd Team. 2 HM All-Conference. So only 13 players are even awarded from the Big East. I'll include Yurtseven and McKnight (HM All-Conference) as 3rd Team selections. Could possibly include the All-Freshmen team as HM All-Conference (1 point). I think that might be fair?

Pac-12 has 10 guys on the 1st Team. 5 guys on the 3rd Team. So the 2nd Team effectively becomes the 3rd Team. Here's how the 1st and 2nd Team breakdown, using Win Shares.

1st Team
Payton Pritchard, 6.7
Zeke Nnaji, 5.5
Onyeka Okongwu, 5.4
Isaiah Stewart, 5.4
Oscar da Silva, 5.1

2nd Team
Tres Tinkle, 4.8
McKinley Wright IV, 4.7
CJ Elleby, 4.1
Remy Martin, 4.0
Chris Smith, 3.1

3rd Team (2nd Team by the Pac-12):
Timmy Allen, Utah
Tyler Bey, Colorado
Matt Bradley, California
Nico Mannion, Arizona
Jonah Mathews, USC

I think if you can do it by votes, that’s the most fair. Someone said the Pac 12 has 10 on first team, so maybe you can find the votes.

Otherwise, win shares seems like the next best option. And yeah, maybe make the HM and freshmen team 3rd team if the conference didn’t do 3rd team.

I’m a Louisville fan for Pete’s sake but how could u have Quickley on SEC 2nd team when he won the SEC player of the year? And I’m not bitter I’m not even sure he got drafted.

Pretty sad us basketball savants didn’t even draft the SEC player of the year nor the likely B10 player of the year (Garza) shoulda listened to dude about Garza playing while pregnant last year.

We should also nominate a worse pick award for fun. I nominate myself for selecting Whitney who avg like 3ppg and quit mid season.

Although Akinjo would give me a run for my money as he quit like first 1/3 of the season. Bet he still had more totals pts than Whitney.

I’m a Louisville fan for Pete’s sake but how could u have Quickley on SEC 2nd team when he won the SEC player of the year? And I’m not bitter I’m not even sure he got drafted.

Pretty sad us basketball savants didn’t even draft the SEC player of the year nor the likely B10 player of the year (Garza) shoulda listened to dude about Garza playing while pregnant last year.

Okay, didn't see that. Was simply looking at the 1st Team Selections. Quickley would keep the award for SEC POY, which is worth 5 points. 1st Team is 4 points.

Here's an update on the standings. Obviously A LOT can change in the final month. More Win Shares still to grab. All-American and HM All-American honors have not been released yet. All Region/All Tournament Teams can boost a team up, as well.

Remember, it's not a tiered system. But for someone like Obi Toppin, who had 3 points for A-10 player of the year, it's kind of obvious he'll have at least 9 postseason award points for being 1st Team All-American. @GE Nole is going to be tough to beat, though, as he has 2 sure-fire All-Americans in Payton Pritchard and Myles Powell.

GE Nole, 63.8
dukedevilz, 59.7
hailtoyourvictor, 56.7
MGC_07, 56.5
jwill133, 55.6
sdsufan10, 54.4
WeAreDePaul, 53.4
klize17, 52.5
Villain07, 46.5
boilerzz, 46.2
jace4655555, 38.4
imajericho, 35.4

draft-standings-march2020.png

draft-standings1-march2020.png

Double-click on the screenshots to enlarge.

We should also nominate a worse pick award for fun. I nominate myself for selecting Whitney who avg like 3ppg and quit mid season.

Although Akinjo would give me a run for my money as he quit like first 1/3 of the season. Bet he still had more totals pts than Whitney.
Did someone say quitter?

usa_today_12087627.0.jpg

Really, really bizarre. Honestly can't think of someone voluntarily transferring mid-season that was such an integral part to the team.
All because he couldn't get along with Patrick Ewing evidently. If he wouldn't have quit, I could have finished 8th instead of 10th.

Ok I obv didn’t read the rules. If your player is say Tre Jones I only get points for him being the conf player of the year? Not for also being 1st team all conf and all defensive team (not even sure jones made it but you get my point)

All because he couldn't get along with Patrick Ewing evidently. If he wouldn't have quit, I could have finished 8th instead of 10th.

Not so sure ole nose picker wasn’t right and him quitting didn’t make em better. I dunno down the line but right after he quit they were playing good ball bc I was fadin the hell out of them for 2-3 weeks and lost repeatedly.

Unfortunately I’m Pretty sure we could build a squad on undrafted players and make a decent squad.

Garza and quickley would be a helluva start.

So if Obi wins national POY is there a chance I could end up as high as second in this?

Ok I obv didn’t read the rules. If your player is say Tre Jones I only get points for him being the conf player of the year? Not for also being 1st team all conf and all defensive team (not even sure jones made it but you get my point)

lol yeah. It's on the very first post of this thread. But odds are Tre Jones will at least be HM All-American, possibly 2nd or 3rd Team AA.

I believe a tiered scoring system would unnecessarily inflate the scores for many. Let's say Tre Jones is 3rd Team All-American. He would get 7 points for being 3rd Team AA, 5 points for being ACC POY, 4 points for being 1st Team All Conference, 4 points for being ACC Defensive POY. Guys that are still really good, let's say a 2nd or 3rd Team All-Conference player, would only get 2-3 points. That's a deficit of 17-18 points. There's no way to compensate for that margin.

I also really like this scoring system because it's essentially capped at 10 points for both Win Shares and Postseason Awards (10 Points for NPOY). Anthony Davis had the highest Win Share from the previous decade at 9.93. There were a few that exceeded 10 points in prior decades. It's distributed evenly, IMO.

So if Obi wins national POY is there a chance I could end up as high as second in this?

It's possible. Still a lot of points to be earned. Other posters are likely to have All-Americans as well. So it's not simply a net gain of 6-7 points. Would be really helpful if you had at least 1-2 HM All-Americans.

Unfortunately I’m Pretty sure we could build a squad on undrafted players and make a decent squad.

Garza and quickley would be a helluva start.

I thought we did fairly well on drafting. There's always going to be some misses. Just the nature of the game with amazingly high turnover rates. Of the Midseason Wooden Award Top 25 List, the only guys we missed on were Luka Garaza, Malachi Flynn, and Filip Petrusev. I had a pre-determined list from @sdsufan10 that had Malachi Flynn as his next choice to draft. And he was in my top 150 rankings. He wasn't completely forgotten.

ADVERTISEMENT