Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Germany

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
What interesting end to the two group B games. Despite playing below their normal for, Spain will have an easy path and is guaranteed to play in the finals. They will rout Russia and Croatia, then snatch a narrow victory against Belgium of England. Portugal however, will be humiliated by Uruguay in round of 16.

What interesting end to the two group B games. Despite playing below their normal for, Spain will have an easy path and is guaranteed to play in the finals. They will rout Russia and Croatia, then snatch a narrow victory against Belgium of England. Portugal however, will be humiliated by Uruguay in round of 16.

Lol @ guaranteeing Spain will play in the final.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Lol @ guaranteeing Spain will play in the final.

Belgium is a formidable opponent but the lack of experience will come into play in a stage as big as semi finals. England on the other hand, is just not good enough to hang with Spain, a semi finals appearance will be like winning the trophy for England.

Belgium is a formidable opponent but the lack of experience will come into play in a stage as big as semi finals. England on the other hand, is just not good enough to hang with Spain, a semi finals appearance will be like winning the trophy for England.

Belguim made it the quarters last world cup and has more experience then England. Unless you got those two mixed up and are trying to say that Belguim isnt that good enough.

Spain has not looked great. Way to many defensive lapses, they shouldn’t overlook anybody.

Just looked at the bracket and you are correct, the bottom half that Spain is in is going to be much easier.

Some of the Belgium guys are relatively young, but the core players are still intact from the 2014 team... Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mertens, Witsel, Vertonghen, Alderweild, Courtois. This is the golden generation for Belgium football. They are legitimate contenders.

If they're in the bottom half of the bracket with teams like Spain, Mexico, and Switzerland, I think they should be the favorite. They have a lot of skill, a lot of creativity, they're young, they're talented. Brazil vs Belgium would make an excellent World Cup Final, IMO.

Uruguay 3-0 Portugal
Spain 4-0 Russia
France 2-1 Argentina
Croatia 2-0 Denmark

I would be very, very surprised if either Uruguay or Spain won by 3+ goals. Last World Cup, the largest margin of defeat in the Round of 16 was 2 goals. Russia admittedly looked very pedestrian against a quality Uruguayan team, but they dug themselves in a pretty big hole in the 1st Half with an own-goal and a red card. Not sure I could ever see Portugal losing by 3 goals, though, to be honest. That pick seems a bit ambitious. Teams tend to play a little more conservative in the knockout stages, as they're not worried about goal differential.

giphy.gif

lol Germany is the World Cup favorite according to those of us who voted in this thread. Maybe some people will edit their pick. I'll admit I picked Germany myself, so this is definitely surprising/shocking, but also kind of funny.

Side note I don’t care how weird he is, if Germany fires Löw, I will try to drive my car across the Atlantic to pick him up and bring him back so he can fix US soccer.

Seriously. He has built Germany into a world power. The program was still solid in 2006, but they were more like 2nd-level elite (teams nowadays like Uruguay, Colombia, England, maybe Portugal). Germany did well in the 2002 WC, but most of the credit I believe goes to their goalkeeper, Oliver Kahn. In 2006, they played well, but they were also hosting - huge, huge advantage...

They didn't make it past the group stages in the Euros in 2000 and 2004. Germany went all of 2003, 2004, and 2005 without being in the top 10 of the World Rankings. Since Low has taken over in 2006, they have never been lower than 6th. Germany is always a threat to win every competition... It didn't feel that way in the early/mid 2000's. Would gladly take him as the US Coach.

Knockout Stage Prediction: Spain wins world cup

Round of 16:
Uruguay 3-0 Portugal
Spain 4-0 Russia
France 2-1 Argentina
Croatia 2-0 Denmark
Brazil 3-1 Mexico
Sweden 0-0 Switzerland(pen 5-3)
Belgium 3-0 Japan
Columbia 1-0 England(aet)

Quarter-Finals:
Uruguay 0-1 France
Spain 4-1 Croatia
Brazil 2-0 Belgium
Sweden 1-1 Columbia(pen 3-4)

Semi-Finals:
France 3-2 Brazil(aet)
Spain 2-1 Columbia

Finals:
France 0-3 Spain

^ I have the same semi-final, but I have Brazil beating Colombia in the final (not because it is the most likely outcome, but because it will win my pool)

That's insane, he looks a lot older... I'm looking up some stuff but is he linked to any of the major club teams?

Edit he's already on PSG lol

No he's legit for PSG. The Mbappe kid and Gabriel Jesus who plays for Manchester City / Brazil are probably the two best young players in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT