ADVERTISEMENT

Your Pick for Nat’l Champs?

Starting to get the feeling that Sasser’s going to get healthy and Houston’s going to take it in front of a home crowd.

I’ve thought they were a little overrated all year, but that’s my gut instinct right now.

th

• Haha
Reactions: Montana81
A healthy Sasser would be huge. And I wouldn’t count out UCLA or Texas.

No one wants to admit it, but Creighton is the wild card. Inconsistent but when they are at their peak, look out.

still feels like a total crapshoot
Yep....

UCLA could---So could Gonzaga. Unfortunately, one of them is losing.

Houston's offense scares me....Can very stagnant. But their defense is suffocating.

Alabama is really, really good, but...........One off night from three and it could be the end.

Texas just tries to outscore you...

No one wants to admit it, but Creighton is the wild card. Inconsistent but when they are at their peak, look out.
Another squad is Arkansas. Nick Smith is the real deal. This team is ballin. They are legit.

Reactions: GE Nole
I tell ya Della if you guys had Zeigler, I'd be more inclined to agree. But even WITH him for me you guys were just to inconsistent offensively.

But I'll certainly be rooting for the Vols---Lived in that beautiful state, and just loved it. MOF I use to really , really root for the Vols. My dads uncle was a HUGE Vols fan. Graduated from there, and was a huge donor. When I was like 7, we went and visited them in Trinton. Their basement was nothing but UT....One wall was a replica of TBA, with the state of TN in the middle(olf days). I was in awe of that shit.

Reactions: della
I tell ya Della if you guys had Zeigler, I'd be more inclined to agree. But even WITH him for me you guys were just to inconsistent offensively.

But I'll certainly be rooting for the Vols---Lived in that beautiful state, and just loved it. MOF I use to really , really root for the Vols. My dads uncle was a HUGE Vols fan. Graduated from there, and was a huge donor. When I was like 7, we went and visited them in Trinton. Their basement was nothing but UT....One wall was a replica of TBA, with the state of TN in the middle(olf days). I was in awe of that shit.
Tennessee can lose any game, but UT should beat Fau and the winner of MSU/KSU. That puts the Vols playing bama. Tennessee can beat bama. That doesn't mean they will, but they have beaten them in the only meeting this year. Let's call that one 50/50. Now the Vols are in the Championship against who knows, but the Vols are great at defense, they are experienced and they are deep. Let's call that 50/50 too. Tennessee has beaten some really good teams (Texas, Kansas, Duke and bama) How many teams can say that?

Tennessee can lose any game, but UT should beat Fau and the winner of MSU/KSU. That puts the Vols playing bama. Tennessee can beat bama. That doesn't mean they will, but they have beaten them in the only meeting this year. Let's call that one 50/50. Now the Vols are in the Championship against who knows, but the Vols are great at defense, they are experienced and they are deep. Let's call that 50/50 too. Tennessee has beaten some really good teams (Texas, Kansas, Duke and bama) How many teams can say that?
IMO FAU is the tougher match-up for Tenn, opposed to MSU/KSU...Man can they score. But even if they get by FAU, not sure TN can score enough vs MSU or KSU to win...

Yes the Vols have beaten the likes of Texas, KU, Duke and Bama---but they had Zeigler then. They don't now.

I'd say 60/40 to get to the FF...Without Zeigler, I don't think there's anyway they can beat Bama.

If Houston makes the FF I believe they win it all. If they don't Bama wins it all. Who I want to win it all is UCLA.

IMO FAU is the tougher match-up for Tenn, opposed to MSU/KSU...Man can they score. But even if they get by FAU, not sure TN can score enough vs MSU or KSU to win...

Yes the Vols have beaten the likes of Texas, KU, Duke and Bama---but they had Zeigler then. They don't now.

I'd say 60/40 to get to the FF...Without Zeigler, I don't think there's anyway they can beat Bama.
UT was short handed against bama...

FAU is tiny, they have no experience in the 16 or tourney in general. They have not faced a defense like UT's.

Going with Tennessee! This is the best team UT has ever had so this has to be the year!!!

Reactions: della
Alabama. They're good and they also have a pretty favorable path to get to the title game. They're still going to have to beat good teams, but I don't see the likes of San Diego State, Creighton, Tennessee/Kansas State as legit title contenders the same way as I'd see other teams on the right sight of the bracket.

Of the top 6 teams left, I'd say Alabama is the only one that's on the left side of the bracket. The other 5, IMO, would be Houston, Texas, UConn, Gonzaga, and UCLA.

I've always thought that Creighton was one of the most talented teams out there. They just got off to a rough start, partly due to injuries.

Reactions: GE Nole
Easily rooting for Kansas State purely out of spite. I really want VT to be the only P5 school to have zero NCAA championships in any sport. Even better if VT women also lose on a buzzer beater in the national title game or something like that.

K-State put on a show last round. That stepback three by Johnson was ridiculous. But they're basically a two-man team.

Please. You had three dudes play really well in that game. Wallace was probably actually your best player that day. But Reeves choked big time. 1-15? Holy shit.
Wallace put up numbers that are above his average, but to be Mr. Basketball in 2 states left me feeling a little underwhelmed.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Wallace put up numbers that are above his average, but to be Mr. Basketball in 2 states left me feeling a little underwhelmed.
Speaking of being underwhelmed. Remind me to never root for another Iowa transfer who really ain't from Ky but Cincy.
We were supposed to have shooters.

• Angry
Reactions: Random UK Fan

I only watched occasionally, but he always looked good to me. Solid scorer and playmaker, great defender. Not sure where he's considered to rank among defenders nationally, but I'd imagine it has to be close to the top.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Speaking of being underwhelmed. Remind me to never root for another Iowa transfer who really ain't from Ky but Cincy.
We were supposed to have shooters.

Hawkit's kiss of death wasn't enough. He had to go and send one of his guys to destroy you.

Reactions: Montana81
Since 1990, only 2 teams have won the title without the coach having at least been to an E8 previously. Those two teams were 98 UK and 2014 Uconn. They had something in common though. Both teams were loaded with guys that already had rings.

I feel like that’s a stat that’s long overdue to give but you can’t deny tourney experience matters.

But, if that stat holds again it’ll be one of these 8 teams that are still dancing.

Michigan State, Xavier, Houston, Tennessee, Gonzaga, UCLA, Arkansas, Miami.

Houston, UCLA and Gonzaga kind of stand out from that group. If i have to pick one of those teams i’m going with Houston.

I think the final four will be Bama, Michigan State, Houston and Uconn.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT