ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 College Basketball Draft

Bol and Porter both were on my short list, but I bet a lot of us could say that.

The guy I want is still available though...just need to fade a couple picks.

@dukedevilz please do me a solid and just pick BPA for me the next couple rounds. I am boarding up for a major hurricane.

@dukedevilz please do me a solid and just pick BPA for me the next couple rounds. I am boarding up for a major hurricane.

I have a very comprehensive list of prospects to draft. I still have a 100+ on my board, except I do my rankings by conference. I'm constantly changing my mind as far as best available. So sometimes I like to look at the best 2-3 in each of the big conferences...

Right now I'm liking Juwan Morgan. He had 5.0 win shares last year and Indiana only won 16 games. Indiana should be better this year, which means he's likely to earn more win shares. Among returning B1G players, only Edwards- 6.1 (Purdue), Winston- 5.8 (MSU), and Cowan- 5.2 (Maryland) had more win shares.

So here are the picks:

48. Juwan Morgan- Indiana
49. McKinley Wright- Colorado

Feel free to revise this pick if you're not a fan of it.

@Big_C_KU has back-to-back picks.

Damn, need to take Wiggington, Matthews and Weatherspoon off my board.

YOU MOTHER ****ER!!!

I wanted to pick one of the Zags, because odds are one of them is going to be an All-American. But their scoring is so evenly distributed... And they brought in two high-impact transfers. Not really sure what to expect from their group. But, Norvell has good upside. I think he'll be in the NBA someday.

Edit: Also, @Mgkcbb is on the clock

Never thought a 6th round pick would cause such an uproar!

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I'm starting to think Zach Norvell has a great shot at landing on one of the All-American teams.

Reigning Champ and I missed the Draft. I couldn't of received a postseason ban because I swear all of my players were eligible last year. All special privileges and benefits they received were also given to one random student. No NCAA rules were broken.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Reigning Champ and I missed the Draft. I couldn't of received a postseason ban because I swear all of my players were eligible last year. All special privileges and benefits they received were also given to one random student. No NCAA rules were broken.

I tagged you and all of last year's posters at the beginning when I was looking for draft participants. You should certainly come back next season and try to re-claim your title! I'll be sure to tag you again.

One thing I will say, is this draft has gone MUCH, much smoother. If I'm not mistaken, you were a little frustrated with how long the draft process was taking. We implemented a 24-hour rule, but for the most part that really hasn't even been needed in this draft. In just a little more than 7 days we've almost completed 6 rounds... Seems like it took a month last year. But yes, come back. Because I'd honestly rather have more than 10 owners, and I always welcome well-advised owners that do their due diligence.

Reactions: KisteK
Damnit. He would have been my pick but for some reason I thought he had already been selected. Still fine with Wigginton though.
Well, I wanted Wigginton, he was my 1st preference. Saw he was taken so I took Norvell.

Trades allowed in this league?

Well, I wanted Wigginton, he was my 1st preference. Saw he was taken so I took Norvell.

Trades allowed in this league?

I actually prefer Wigginton now. But had I originally thought Norvell was available I would have taken him in that spot. When I looked more at Wigginton I forgot he averaged almost 17 ppg with 40% shooting from 3. Think I'll keep Wigginton.

I actually prefer Wigginton now. But had I originally thought Norvell was available I would have taken him in that spot. When I looked more at Wigginton I forgot he averaged almost 17 ppg with 40% shooting from 3. Think I'll keep Wigginton.
Fair. I think Wiggington is more of a lock to receive some accolates, mainly because he's gonna average 20+ ppg.
Norvell will win an accolade based on team success, but he won't have great numbers.
If ISU goes 500 in the Big12, Wiggington is a lock.

I have Norvel #1 on my Gonzaga board, even ahead of Rui. Really think he's going to emerge as their go to guy this year.

Round 1
1. Carsen Edwards- Purdue
2. Tremont Water- LSU
3. Mike Daum- South Dakota State
4. Ethan Happ- Wisconsin
5. Zion Williamson- Duke
6. RJ Barrett- Duke
7. Luke Maye- North Carolina
8. Rui Hachimura- Gonzaga
9. Dedric Lawson- Kansas
10. Caleb Martin- Nevada

Round 2
11. Grant Williams- Tennessee
12. Cassius Winston- Michigan State
13. Tyus Battle- Syracuse
14. Shamorie Ponds- St.John's
15. Romeo Langford- Indiana
16. Dean Wade- Kansas State
17. Markus Howard- Marquette
18. D'Marcus Simonds- Georgia State
19. Sagaba Konate- West Virginia
20. Payton Pritchard- Oregon

Round 3
21. Kyle Guy- Virginia
22. Cody Martin- Nevada
23. Jon Elmore- Marshall
24. Eric Paschall- Villanova
25. Anthony Cowan- Maryland
26. Clayton Custer- Loyola Chicago
27. DeAndre Hunter- Virginia
28. Reid Travis- Kentucky
29. Jordan Murphy- Minnesota
30. Ky Bowman- Boston College

Round 4
31. Quentin Grimes- Kansas
32. Jaylen Nowell- Washington
33. Nassir Little- North Carolina
34. James Palmer- Nebraska
35. Cam Reddish- Duke
36. Kevin Porter- USC
37. John Konchar- Fort Wayne
38. Kamar Baldwin- Butler
39. Chris Silva- South Carolina
40. Elijah Thomas- Clemson

Round 5
41. Kris Wilkes- UCLA
42. Kellan Grady- Davidson
43. PJ Washington- Kentucky
44. Temetrius (Ja) Morant- Murray State
45. Admiral Schofield- Tennessee
46. Jontay Porter- Missouri
47. Bol Bol- Oregon
48. Juwan Morgan- Indiana
49. McKinley Wright- Colorado
50. Charles Matthews- Michigan

Round 6
51. Lindell Wigginton- Iowa State
52. CJ Massinburg- Buffalo
53. Quinndary Weatherspoon- Mississippi State
54. Barry Brown - Kansas State
55. Zach Norvel - Gonzaga
56. Jessie Govan - Georgetown
57. Tookie Brown - Ga Southern
58. Udoka Azubuike - Kansas

Didn't have either of those guys on my board so either dodged a bullet or my board sucks.

taking a deep dive with this pick, but I think it's a good one for guaranteed 1st team all conference and possibly conf POY.

CHRIS CLEMONS/ CAMPBELL COLLEGE OR MAYBE UNIVERSITY OR MAYBE EVEN TRADE SCHOOL

Reactions: dukedevilz
That’s so late for Matthews

I think it's about right, personally.

Michigan won 33 games last year - they're almost certain to win fewer games this year. While I believe Matthews will be the go-to-guy, any increase in production would likely be neutralized by fewer team wins, which leads to fewer opportunities for win shares. This is why Ethan Happ was a bit overvalued last year, most people didn't consider how impactful the losses would be on his win shares (6.4 win shares as a sophomore; 4.6 win shares as a Junior).

Matthews had 4.5 win shares last season, which is solid, but for All-American honors, usually you need 6+ win shares. If he can develop a consistent jump shot, then he absolutely could be an All-American... and this pick would be a steal. But I'm not overly confident in his jump shot. He'll still be 1st/2nd Team All-Conference, IMO. Late 5th rounder seems about right to me.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
ADVERTISEMENT