ADVERTISEMENT

18-19 NBA Thread

Raptors are looking unbelievable so far. Kawhi is back to what he was.

Would love to see someone challenge GS in the west but don’t see it. Houston didn’t improve in the offseason, and unless they make a huge splash by trade deadline I don’t see them pushing GS again.

Warriors scored 95 points in a half lol. Klay already with 14 threes and 52 points. Warriors are in a class of their own.

Raptors are looking unbelievable so far. Kawhi is back to what he was.

Would love to see someone challenge GS in the west but don’t see it. Houston didn’t improve in the offseason, and unless they make a huge splash by trade deadline I don’t see them pushing GS again.

Bucks are about to beat them by 20 without Giannis

Bucks are about to beat them by 20 without Giannis

No Kawhi, no Giannis means no real takeaways from the game. Also how crappy was Jason Kidd as a coach? I think Bud is wonderful, but if Kidd was remotely competent there wouldn't be so much improvement even if Bud was a combination of Pop/Phil/Red/Brad (small sample size, but I'm not wrong on Kidd).

Reactions: dtgold88
Good to see Derrick Rose with a career high of 50 points last night. Hard not to cheer for the guy. He was very emotional after the game.

Good to see Derrick Rose with a career high of 50 points last night. Hard not to cheer for the guy. He was very emotional after the game.

I was so happy for him. I was a diehard Rose fan since his junior year of high school. Watched him win back to back State titles. Was a huge fan of his in college and was so excited when we won the lottery and got him #1. His injury saga just ruined me as a basketball fan to the point where I stopped following the NBA for several years, only returning last season when Lonzo got drafted into the league.

So happy to see him finally feeling healthy and playing like a star again.

Kings are 6-3 in the early part of the season. I wonder if they'll be able to semi-sustain their success? De'Aaron Fox and Buddy Hield have been playing really, really well.

Also, what's up with the Rockets? Are they going to be worse with Carmelo?

I haven't dove too deep into the NBA waters yet, but what's everyone thinking about LABron's Lakers?

Kings are 6-3 in the early part of the season. I wonder if they'll be able to semi-sustain their success? De'Aaron Fox and Buddy Hield have been playing really, really well.

Also, what's up with the Rockets? Are they going to be worse with Carmelo?

Between Fox, Hield and WCS the Kings might sweep the ballot on Most Improved Player. Unless DRose has something to say about it.

I watched the game last night since I'm all in on Trae Young still on NBA season pass and I gotta say that Sacto team plays harder than any team I've seen so far this young season.

I haven't dove too deep into the NBA waters yet, but what's everyone thinking about LABron's Lakers?

As a diehard Lonzo fan I've watched every game. Right now, they just have too many guys who can play and no idea what is the best lineup/rotation. The last couple games when they've had Lebron-Lonzo-McGee-Kuzma-Ingram starting they've looked their best.

I think Walton needs to commit to playing Lonzo the majority of the minutes and let this team develop it's speed game. They aren't going to beat anyone with shooting that's for sure.

Reactions: 829305
Wizards are a mess, just blow it up. Pretty embarrassing last night vs OKC, now 1-7.

Not sure if anyone else subscribes but this site Cleaning The Glass is amazing. Unbelievable insights and stats from Ben Falk who worked for Portland and Philly in the analytics department. It’s the best resource for the NBA out there. I think it’s 7.50 a month.

Early, but what I thought before the season. was a joke Magic pretty much ripped the Cavs and said they needed to play differently and not with shooters. Media ate it up because he was Magic......Cavs would have been ripped for it.

Now things aren't looking great so Magic and others are calling out the coach.

As a diehard Lonzo fan I've watched every game. Right now, they just have too many guys who can play and no idea what is the best lineup/rotation. The last couple games when they've had Lebron-Lonzo-McGee-Kuzma-Ingram starting they've looked their best.

I think Walton needs to commit to playing Lonzo the majority of the minutes and let this team develop it's speed game. They aren't going to beat anyone with shooting that's for sure.
Were you laughing as you wrote that? Thes best lineup includes shooters they don't have and probably better rebounders.

Bet Magic regrets drafting Ball over Fox. It’s also obvious they should’ve tried everything they could to keep Julius Randle. Randle is absolutely tearing it up this season.

Bet Magic regrets drafting Ball over Fox. It’s also obvious they should’ve tried everything they could to keep Julius Randle. Randle is absolutely tearing it up this season.

Lonzo was better than Fox last season. Lonzo missed the entire off season and most of pre-season with knee surgery. Fox has played really well to start the year. Lonzo has been up and down, some good games some bad and some where he just doesn't get the ball enough to do anything. His stats have gone down but his efficiency is way up. He's shooting a lot better than last year.

I doubt Fox would be having a bigger impact than Lonzo if he was on the Lakers. He'd be neutered by Lebron just like LOnzo has been.

Reactions: Quavarius
Almost like Magic is the typical fan and wants name players more than anything. He'd probably prefer Melo to Randle.

What’s up with Andrew Wiggins? Haven’t seen him play any but his stats seem to be getting worse and worse. Bad luck or is he just not very good?

What’s up with Andrew Wiggins? Haven’t seen him play any but his stats seem to be getting worse and worse. Bad luck or is he just not very good?
I will say his defense has improved immensely from when he was a rookie, but offensively he is just way too inefficient. Takes too many long two's and his handle is just not good enough to consistently get to the rim. Yeah, that contract was a big mistake.

In other news, the T-Wolves are 7-2 since the Butler trade and back to .500. Robert Covington is a severely underrated player in my eyes. He might be the best wing defender in the league. He is just that good defensively. The Wolves are 2nd in the NBA in defensive rating since the trade and it is very noticeable on the court.

Reactions: schoonerwest
I will say his defense has improved immensely from when he was a rookie, but offensively he is just way too inefficient. Takes too many long two's and his handle is just not good enough to consistently get to the rim. Yeah, that contract was a big mistake.

In other news, the T-Wolves are 7-2 since the Butler trade and back to .500. Robert Covington is a severely underrated player in my eyes. He might be the best wing defender in the league. He is just that good defensively. The Wolves are 2nd in the NBA in defensive rating since the trade and it is very noticeable on the court.

Covington was rated as a top 50 player by more than one publication going into this year. Are you saying he's severely better than that??

Covington was rated as a top 50 player by more than one publication going into this year. Are you saying he's severely better than that??
With the way he has been playing and the impact he has had on the team yes, if they keep playing the way they are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT