ADVERTISEMENT

18-19 NBA Thread

Bucks and Pacers look like they could be contenders. Top 5 in the east will be an absolute bloodbath. Sadly, whoever comes out alive is going to lose to the Warriors unless somehow the Lakers or Rockets make it out instead.

Reactions: dtgold88
Saw the USA Today rankings of teams...they definitely think the East is catching up to the West.
Certainly not there yet but if some of these young teams stay together in the east, it might become a very strong conference. Boston and Philly have many assets to build on what is already there. Boston has the potential to have 2 lottery picks and their own in the next draft.

Reactions: Quavarius
Most excited I’ve been for an NBA season in awhile. A lot of elite young talent starting to hit their peak. Never thought I’d be excited to see the Milwaukee Bucks play the 76ers.

I know I’m a bit of a homer but I think the ceiling is higher for Tatum. Not that being top 10-15 is a bad thing by any means.
thought this was apropos...

44257637_10156151633488369_4806936966870335488_o.jpg

Certainly not there yet but if some of these young teams stay together in the east, it might become a very strong conference. Boston and Philly have many assets to build on what is already there. Boston has the potential to have 2 lottery picks and their own in the next draft.
They had Indiana and Milwaukee pretty high, as well.

Ben Simmons is so good. He’s becoming a force on defense. If only he could develop any sort of outside shot.

Reactions: Quavarius
My Lakers are up on Portland 10-4 early
Everyone knows you need shooters around Lebron and Lebron himself said he wants to play with smart players. What does LA do? Not sign shooters and bring in knuckleheads like Lance and McGee

Cavs would have been ripped for this. But Magic/LA? Nope...just said they are trying something different and they ate it up.

All that said...just one game on the road against a tough team. But 7-30 from 3? Ouch.

Pelicans are so much fun to watch. Mirotic is perfect next to AD. 36 points tonight, 25/10 for AD

Reactions: bkingUK
Trae went and did it on em today with 35 points and 11 assists.

My tv viewing schedule is quite full this year as I've added Atlanta Hawks games to my must see list along with the Lakers who I added last year when they got Lonzo.

And then when Lauri comes back I'll want to watch the Bulls again to see him and Carter.

Throw in JJJ, Ayton and Doncic and there are just too many NBA games I need to watch this year.

When College starts up I'm really screwed cause I love that more than NBA and try to watch every good game available.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Doncic and Young both looked great in their last outing. Still think Atlanta should have taken Doncic.

Lebron bricked a couple FTs to win the game and had one his usual dribble, dribble, dribble, miss offbalance 3 earlier.

Miss having him, but not that.

Should be a good race for Rookie of the Year this season. Obviously a very small sample size, but we have several quality looking candidates:

Trae Young: 23 ppg, 8.3 ast, 45.5% fg, 39.3% 3-pt
Luka Doncic: 18.3 ppg, 5.7 reb, 4.3 ast, 43.5% fg, 31.8% 3-pt
Jaren Jackson: 15 ppg, 6.3 reb, 1.7 stl, 1 blk, 50% fg
DeAndre Ayton: 14.3 ppg, 10.7 reb, 4 ast, 55.2% fg, 92% ft
Marvin Bagley: 12.7 ppg, 6.7 reb, 1.3 stl, 51.7% fg

These 5 guys were all taken in the first 5 picks of the 2018 draft.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
The Warriors put up 144 points in regulation. 144 points in 48 minutes.

KD/Klay/Steph put up 100 of those points.

I’m really over this team.

Casual fans dont realize just how terrible Carmelo Anthony is. He is one of the worst players in the entire league, but if you asked a casual theyd probably say hes a top 50 player.

Casual fans dont realize just how terrible Carmelo Anthony is. He is one of the worst players in the entire league, but if you asked a casual theyd probably say hes a top 50 player.

They’d say Anthony is a top 15-20 player. Casual fans that is. Houston is still coached by Dantoni and their best player may also be there worst defender (Harden), so I personally would not hold Carmelo responsible for their defense. It wasn’t very good before he got there.

Right....casual fans, and sometimes those more into it prefer name players. Early, but cannot believe Morey fell for it and took him over just keeping Ariza/Mboute

Reactions: denniden
Well it happened. Lue was fired.

Picture me saying this like the FFL guy who acquired TJ Houshmazilly.....Championship!!

allegedly, the players are pissed. Imagine the players actually hold themselves accountable, but fans wont.

Reactions: stakesarehigh
ADVERTISEMENT