ADVERTISEMENT

#16UL @ #11VT

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Anyone watching these overrated teams?

31-26 UL early 2nd half.

Still trying to figure out which team is wearing white.

edit: UL is wearing the home colors.

Reactions: tw3301
I tried, but this isn't baskeball as we know it. I'm watching I Love Lucy reruns

Rarely do this but officiating is absolutely killing us. Can’t beat the zebras and a good team as short-handed as we are.

We aren’t doing shit without Robinson

Well, not how I expected.

VTech had a really good gameplan to stop the paint. I don't get why we didn't use 2 bigs, pros and cons though.

I don't like King or Perry playing imo. Time to hunker down on the lineup.

Reactions: UL_1986
Well, not how I expected.

VTech had a really good gameplan to stop the paint. I don't get why we didn't use 2 bigs, pros and cons though.

I don't like King or Perry playing imo. Time to hunker down on the lineup.
King plays really tight, but he’s at least trying to find a role. Perry just seems lost to me.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Rarely do this but officiating is absolutely killing us. Can’t beat the zebras and a good team as short-handed as we are.

We aren’t doing shit without Robinson
Can't blame officiating, all both teams did was launch threes.
Good things happened when the ball went inside, but that didn't happen as often as it should have.
That's a good win for U6 though, which in turn, helps their Big Blue Brother. Love it.

Good things happened when the ball went inside, but that didn't happen as often as it should have.
That's a good win for U6 though, which in turn, helps their Big Blue Brother. Love it.

Definitely not blaming refs for the loss. Our margin for error was extremely slim coming in so short handed. Hill going 0-7 from 3 ended up being the biggest difference. They made shots and we didn’t. We’re playing with basically 5.5 guys and we ran out of legs.

Just had a few stretches where some really tough calls were made. Not a fan at all of UL flopping around all night but that’s basketball.

You guys were definitely hot tonight. Would love another shot at UL with Robinson. We just aren’t a very good offensive team with him out.
GG, it’s tough having your pg out. We shot the three good, but typically we’re alot more of a force inside. You guys did a good job of doubling Enoch.

VT looks really pedestrian without “5” (so gay that your fans call him that btw)

VTs recruits better step up next year bc they lose a ton especially if NAW makes the smart move and goes pro

VT looks really pedestrian without “5” (so gay that your fans call him that btw)

VTs recruits better step up next year bc they lose a ton especially if NAW makes the smart move and goes pro

NAW is gone. Will be a tough year in ‘19-‘20 without a lot of key seniors, NAW and likely buzz.

This was the year. Losing Clarke, Nolley and Sy for the year and Horne/Robinson for a chunk of it is just typical VT basketball.

Reactions: jhmossy
King plays really tight, but he’s at least trying to find a role. Perry just seems lost to me.

Perry’s just too wild and crazy with the ball. And makes some freshman-esque decisions. Giving it to Enoch on back to back plays was one of those. He should’ve known the double team was coming. Both resulted in turnovers.

Reactions: UL_1986
Definitely not blaming refs for the loss. Our margin for error was extremely slim coming in so short handed. Hill going 0-7 from 3 ended up being the biggest difference. They made shots and we didn’t. We’re playing with basically 5.5 guys and we ran out of legs.

Just had a few stretches where some really tough calls were made. Not a fan at all of UL flopping around all night but that’s basketball.
Both teams pulled the trigger so quickly from three point range. I thought good things happened when the ball went inside.

I know shooting threes is VT's main Offensive game plan, but when the shots aren't falling you have to go inside.

Some credit goes to UL's defense though.

Both teams pulled the trigger so quickly from three point range. I thought good things happened when the ball went inside.

I know shooting threes is VT's main Offensive game plan, but when the shots aren't falling you have to go inside.

Some credit goes to UL's defense though.

VT had a great gameplan. We had to beat them with 3's and we did. They double teamed every single time we got the ball down low and Mack refuses to play 2 bigs on the court......Thus, our post game was non-existent. I was impressed. VT played pretty well. We definitely didn't win the way I expected us to.

Perry’s just too wild and crazy with the ball. And makes some freshman-esque decisions. Giving it to Enoch on back to back plays was one of those. He should’ve known the double team was coming. Both resulted in turnovers.

...and I still hold out hope that at some point he gets the bulk of the minutes at the two guard. He and McMahon in particular kill us when they drive baseline, which is one of the odder deficiencies to have at that position for a good basketball team; some guys are streak shooters, but they're streaky with turning the ball over.

Perry last year was far and away the best on ball defender Louisville had, but he is as lost defensively as anyone I have ever seen.

Louisville hit 48% and VT hit 38% from three, neither team would’ve been better off not shooting threes. If it were the low 30’s or lower, you’d have a point.

Louisville hit 48% and VT hit 38% from three, neither team would’ve been better off not shooting threes. If it were the low 30’s or lower, you’d have a point.
Yup, it worked this time, but if you aren't getting the ball inside and scoring in the paint, you're a fraud.

Chris Mack certainly gets that and U6 was hot enough from 3 point range to keep firing away.

However, my comment was not directed towards you or any other U6 fan, it was directed towards a VT fan. He made a comment about officials, to which I said that Officiating didn't cost VT the game, they should have stopped shooting so many threes since they weren't falling. They should have got the ball inside to put pressure on the defense.

U6 did what they should have done, they were hot from the outside and they kept going to the well, VT kept launching bricks.

Some of you guys keep bludgeoning the “U6” thing to death, it’s not catching on dudes, only posters I see use that are Rafters posters. But by all means..

ADVERTISEMENT